Curriculum Developer @ TenMarks Education, an Amazon Company
Accountant, Associated Students of Stanford University @ Stanford University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Mathematics, Minor: Computer Science @
Software Engineer @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Curriculum Developer @ - Wrote and edited math questions, hints, and explanations aligned to Common Core standards (First Grade through Algebra 2) with a critical eye to ensure mathematically precise and grade-level appropriate language and visuals. Leveraged understanding of our technology framework to assist other
Software Engineer @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Curriculum Developer @ - Wrote and edited math questions, hints, and explanations aligned to Common Core standards (First Grade through Algebra 2) with a critical eye to ensure mathematically precise and grade-level appropriate language and visuals. Leveraged understanding of our technology framework to assist other content writers and optimize how questions were written.
- Wrote macros in OpenOffice.org Basic (similar to Visual Basic) to efficiently locate items in a manuscript by index and to sanitize manuscripts before parsing by correcting common errors in labels, removing graphics, and using regular expressions to standardize image tags and nonprinting characters.
- Participated in a task force to design and implement functionality for regrading assignments after content errors are resolved. Contributions included identifying and solving issues with in-progress assignments and with handling question versions.
- Designed data formats for delivering content (curricula, videos, Common Core standards, etc.) to our software developers.
- Redesigned user flow for content management system.
- Established requirements with software developers for parsing and displaying content.
- Designed feedback form for user-testing tool and researched how to populate form with user and content data. From April 2013 to March 2014 (1 year) Accountant, Associated Students of Stanford University @ ASSU encompasses the university’s student body government and a variety of student-managed businesses, and is responsible for overseeing and processing the financial transactions of more than 600 registered student organizations.
- Reviewed and processed financial transactions for student organizations, government, and businesses. Communicated with customers and staff in other departments (primarily undergraduate students) to clarify policies, explain transactions, and resolve issues.
- Wrote staff training materials and announcements/instructions for student leaders. Developed situational interview questions for three accounting positions with different responsibilities.
- Managed software development projects: collaborated with developer to design new features for banking website, wrote product specifications, tested new code, reproduced errors, troubleshot and reported issues. From July 2010 to April 2013 (2 years 10 months) Senior Banking Associate, Capital Group @ From September 2007 to June 2009 (1 year 10 months) Research Assistant, Billing Operations @ From August 2008 to September 2008 (2 months) Residential Counselor, Education Program for Gifted Youth @ From June 2008 to August 2008 (3 months) Residential Counselor, Education Program for Gifted Youth @ From June 2007 to August 2007 (3 months) Summer Student Helper II, Dep. of Water Supply: Operations Division @ From June 2006 to September 2006 (4 months) Accounting Assistant, Denials Department @ From June 2005 to September 2005 (4 months)
Master of Arts (M.A.), Mathematics Education @ Stanford University From 2009 to 2010 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Mathematics, Minor: Computer Science @ Stanford University From 2005 to 2009 Waiakea High School From 2001 to 2005 Kristen Bautista is skilled in: Teaching, Editing, Data Analysis, Training, Curriculum Design, Accounting, Event Planning, Python, Algorithms
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension