MS Studies, Computer Science @
New York University
In 1983 with a B.S. Economics/Mathematics from King's College, Kris entered mergers and acquisitions at Goldman Sachs. He later moved to the quantitative strategies group run by Fischer Black where he built one of the first fully electronic trading systems. This powerful system traded up to 12% of the volume on the New York stock exchange between
In 1983 with a B.S. Economics/Mathematics from King's College, Kris entered mergers and acquisitions at Goldman Sachs. He later moved to the quantitative strategies group run by Fischer Black where he built one of the first fully electronic trading systems. This powerful system traded up to 12% of the volume on the New York stock exchange between 1983 and 1987. After the crash of 1987 he left Goldman to consultant with banks that sought to implement this technology including: Swiss Bank Corporation, Bank of America and Salomon Brothers.
In 1993, while with Sun Microsystems he developed a love for entrepreneurial ventures. His first start-up was Capital Technologies. CapTech developed a network monitoring system, renamed FogLight, and service organization, renamed SiteRock. FogLight was acquired by Quest Software Inc (NASDAQ: QSFT) and SiteRock by Navisite Inc (NASDAQ: NAVI).
In 1997 Kris left CapTech to be the lead investor and President of the Web-based investment research firm, ClearStation. After 18 months of aggressive growth Kris guided the sale of the company to E*TRADE Financial (NYSE: ET).
In 2002 Kris created the quant-oriented fund Indigo Capital Management in response to demands from many colleagues at ClearStation and in the investment community.
In 2007 Kris co-founded adaptiveARC an innovative green renewable energy technology based on plasma arc gasification.
Kris lectures in both business and academia on the techniques of his investment strategy and has several published interviews including an entry in the book, 'Bulls, Bears and Brains' by Forbes columnists Adam Leitzes and Joshua Solan .
Specialties: Software startups, business development, seed funding.
Systems Architect @ Work with Product Management, Engineering, DevOps and QA to design and build GoPro Mobile, Desktop and Cloud Software.
Develop cross-platform pub/sub communications models using MQTT, REST and native tools in Windows, OS X, Android and iOS.
Design and troubleshooting using Qt Creator/C++, Xcode, Visual Studio
Architecture specification on data repositories including Neo4J, SQL and NoSQL DBs.
Development of media tools and containers using H.264, CineForm, MP3, MP4, AVI and Quicktime.
Build and Test Driven development architecture development using git.
Translate product requirements into engineering specifications.
Create technical designs including UML diagramming, concept development and implementation guidance for engineering teams.
Establish, document and implement technical standards.
Contribute to cross-functional teamwork at GoPro.
Create #LiveIt video for weekly publication as well as video marathon and hackathon leader.
Travel between San Francisco, San Mateo and San Diego offices. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Associate @ General management responsibilities with portfolio companies. Redesign and alpha deployment of TapIn, Internet of Things control platform: https://tap.tapinsystems.net From January 2014 to Present (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaSystems Architect @ New features and maintenance for the world's leading board sport CAD/CAM design software and hardware suite. Redesign of ruby on rails commerce and license management site. Build management, security, code signing, source control for java platform running on Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Travel to customer sites installation and troubleshooting. Extensive research on North Shore Oahu, Trestles, Beacons and Cardiff breaks including generation of functional and behavioral requirements, user case and stoke analysis. From June 2013 to May 2015 (2 years) President @ adaptiveARC is in the business of transforming waste material into high-value products for companies and communities around the world using our proprietary Cool Plasma Gasification™ technology. We fulfill market needs in three key areas that will continually drive global demand and growth for our products: renewable energy, waste management and land remediation.
• Leadership in strategic partnership negotiations that established international subsidiaries including adaptiveARC, Mexico, Chile, Italy, Greece and Brazil. Championed a total sales pipeline of over $2.5B including $600M in signed LOI’s and over $80M in signed bookings in Mexico, Brazil, Italy, England and USA.
• Spearheaded overall strategy including international business development, legal, communications, financials, personnel and alliances. Motivated and coordinated a staff of over 50 highly-educated personnel.
• Created several trademarked innovations including “Energy that Cleans”, “Cool Plasma Gasification”, “Regenerative Cleaning” and the evolution of the first portable, modular and scalable systems in the industry.
• Thought leader for the firm keynote speaking in industry and academic forums on renewable energy and economics, global warming and public policy.
• Protected intellectual property and contract obligations through comprehensive legal strategy that included international patents, trade secrets and publications, feedstock concession and power purchase agreements. From October 2007 to January 2014 (6 years 4 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Charged with building a services group from scratch I developed relationships and software for a SaaS platform providing a comprehensive behavior change program focused on wellness. Tools included RESTful APIs based on JSON and mongoDB, Python, objective-c, rails and java. Provided IT interface requirements for RFP responses and one-on-one client consulting on detailed integration matters. Reported directly to VP Operations. From 2012 to 2013 (1 year) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaSenior Software Engineer @ • Co-founded open source network management company. Established product definition, differentiation, and key markets for first year basing much on the success of Foglight and other related network and enterprise management systems in my background.
• Closed $300K of business in the first quarter and attracted $3M in venture capital funding. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) General Manager / Founder @ • Built up value of the company from $2M to over $22M in 18 months. Drove the acquisition of the company to E*TRADE Financial including valuation negotiations and legal agreements. Built the management team including VP Technology, VP Marketing and VP Operations. From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) President / Founder @ • Created http://software.dell.com/solutions/performance-monitoring/.
• Initially named Capital Technologies we were the 15th fastest growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1996 published by the Silicon Valley Business Times. The company had two products: 800.sys.admin, a system, database and network administration service, and RAPS a client-server performance tuning software platform. Accelerated from $300,000 to $1.2M and 3.0 M in 1994, 1995 and 1996 respectively. The company generated $6M in fiscal 1997 and had 65 employees.
• Created the financial, technology and marketing organizations of the company. Secured private investment and managed cash flow. Built management team in Marketing, Finance, Technology and key advisors.
• Identified underserved markets. Enabled the design and funded the creation of Foglight Software, an n-tier performance monitoring and management platform capable of collecting data from network, system, database, application and business process components. Foglight sold to Quest Software for over $85M. From 1993 to 1997 (4 years)
MS, Computer Science @ New York University From 1983 to 1986 BS, Mathematics, Economics @ King's College From 1979 to 1983 Kris Skrinak is skilled in: Gasification, Renewable Energy, Venture Capital, Business Development, Seed Capital, Start-ups, Entrepreneurship, Mergers, Investments, Strategy, Cleantech, Energy, Product Development, New Business Development, Alternative Energy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension