Log Analyst II in Interpretation & Processing Services, Petroleum Consulting Asia Pacific @ Weatherford Solutions Sdn Bhd
Sales Manager @ 28spin.com
Event Consultant @ Skillz Management
BSc. in Mechanical Engineering, Minor in Petroleum Engineering @
Universiti Teknologi Petronas
A versatile, people-oriented professional with a proven track record of excelling in technical analysis, problem solving, personal growth, operational performance and financial performance. Possesses strong team player with the ability to contribute ideas, solutions and follow leadership directives at all time. Strong interpersonal and communication skills together with the ability to speak in multiple languages such as
A versatile, people-oriented professional with a proven track record of excelling in technical analysis, problem solving, personal growth, operational performance and financial performance. Possesses strong team player with the ability to contribute ideas, solutions and follow leadership directives at all time. Strong interpersonal and communication skills together with the ability to speak in multiple languages such as Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia and Thai. Proven adaptability to new environment and proficiently in conducting client meeting, conference presentation and training in Asia Pacific region. Competent in various software related to worksheet, presentation, open hole analysis, well testing, facilities cost estimator, 2D and 3D design.
Log Analyst II in Interpretation & Processing Services, Petroleum Consulting Asia Pacific @ ### Job scope in Weatherford ###
- Image log processing and structural interpretation for Acoustic TeleViewer (ATV), Slim/Compact Micro Imager (S/CMI), Fullwave Sonic (FWS), Optical TeleViewer (OTV) tools, and Logging-while-drilling (LWD)
- Petrophysical Analysis and Complex Lithology Identification
- Well Test Analysis and Interpretation for Formation Repeat Tester (FRT), Drill Stem Tester (DST) and Closed Chamber Test
- Geomechanics, Shale Reservoir Petrophysics and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance analysis
### Training attended ###
- Wellbore imaging in Prospect course, 2014
- Prospect Deployment : Petrophysics, Acoustic and Geomechanic, 2014
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Course, 2013
- Shale Reservoir Petrophysics, Aberdeen, 2013
- LWD Borehole Imaging Cross Training, Aberdeen, 2013
- Geomechanic Course, 2013
- Structural and Image Interpretation Course, 2012
- Petrophysics I, 2012
- Geology I, 2011
### Activities Involvement ###
- Doubled up personal targeted revenue to about 400k USD via direct billing on processing and interpretation job from Thailand, Indonesia, China, Bangladesh, Australia and New Zealand
- Actively involved in salesforce management platform to manage client visit reports, opportunities and discussions within the organisation
- Involved in CMI Quotation Proposal and CBM Technical Tender writing
- Presented interpretation result and tool capabilities Indonesian operators such as Pertamina Medco Tomori Sulawesi, Medco Energy, Cooper Energy, etc
- Presented LWD capabilities in PGCE 2013.
- Co-mentored more than 10 log analysts from different region in Geology 1
- Delivered software and course training to Bakhrabad Gas Systems Limited client.
- Mentored local interns and junior analysts
- Promoted as Log Analyst II in Nov 2013
### Software Literacy ###
-Pan System 3.5
-Shale Reservoir Petrophysics Software
-CATIA P3 V5R10
-Autodesk AutoCAD From September 2011 to May 2015 (3 years 9 months) Kuala LumpurSales Manager @ Co-founded 28pin.com brand, the first online webstore for yoyos, Rubik’s cube and pois. The company was registered as Twenty Eight Spin Trading (001970074-H) under Companies Commission of Malaysia.
As the Sales Manager in 28spin, my job scopes were keeping track on the monthly sales record, proposing strategies to boost the sales, dealing with yoyo manufacturers for purchase order and buyers directly for technical, delivery and miscellaneous support. In 2012, we made a trip to Hong Kong Toys and Games Fair to meet existing and potential toys manufacturers.
In June 2012, I was no longer in the partnership and 28spin was then registered under new name called Twenty Eighters Trading (002174512-K). From June 2010 to June 2012 (2 years 1 month) Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaEvent Consultant @ Skillz Management was a company which customised yoyo events in Malaysia for corporate family day, school programme, workshop, charity event, birthday party, product launching event, open ceremony event, closing ceremony event, internal event, national day, concert, public performance and event supporters. As an Event Consultant, I coordinated the yoyo performers in scheduled shows and liaised with client in the event flow, advices and communications. Besides, we also organised several Rubik's Cube contest in Malaysia
Our biggest client was RB Zicon Sdn Bhd (http://www.rbzicon.com.my/ecomm/index.php) which is the main distributor of Super Yoyo products. We had a Super Yoyo tour around Malaysia in 2010. The tour video still can be viewed https://youtu.be/AJEb8tzKjzQ.
Skillz Management later is replaced with a new company called 28spin in 2011 From January 2008 to December 2010 (3 years) Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaApprentice @ ### Job scope ###
- Attached in Mechanical Section under Engineering Department.
- Prepared Material Take-Off list for BG platform of Maesrk Oil Qatar (MOQ) based on P&ID drawings
- Familiarized lifting procedure of F23VLAP compressor module
- Familiarized the whole engineering procedure in Engineering Department.
Reason of Leaving : Further study in MSc in Petroleum Engineering in UTP From January 2009 to January 2009 (1 month) Pasir Gudang, Johor BahruIntern @ ### Job scope ###
- Field Development Plan Familiarization and Field Project Review for Terengganu Offshore Field and Sarawak Offshore Field.
- Established Various Development Concepts for New Field Project in Sarawak
- Ran Cost Estimation for a New Field using QUE$TOR Software
Reason of Leaving : End of internship period From December 2006 to July 2007 (8 months) Tower 1, PETRONAS Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur
Master of Science (MSc), Petroleum Engineering, Pass @ Universiti Teknologi Petronas From 2009 to 2011 BSc. in Mechanical Engineering, Minor in Petroleum Engineering @ Universiti Teknologi Petronas From 2003 to 2008 Kong Chai Chen is skilled in: Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum, Petrophysics, Field Development, Well Testing, Oil & Gas Industry, Geomechanics, LWD, Engineering, Log Interpretation, Formation Evaluation, Petroleum Geology, Reservoir Management, Oil, Gas, Geology, Management
Looking for a different
Kong Chai Chen?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension