Senior Supply Chain Professional with 15+ years of extensive and dynamic experience and skills in commodity management for both inventory items and capital assets in the telecommunication, aerospace, military and high tech industries. Demonstrated success in cost reduction through negotiation and resourcing key commodities to suppliers at lower cost regions. Specialized in NPI material management and supply
Senior Supply Chain Professional with 15+ years of extensive and dynamic experience and skills in commodity management for both inventory items and capital assets in the telecommunication, aerospace, military and high tech industries. Demonstrated success in cost reduction through negotiation and resourcing key commodities to suppliers at lower cost regions. Specialized in NPI material management and supply chain alignment from quick turn proto pilot builds to volume production. Master in development of win-win supplier partnership and supplier performance management. Certified Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
• NPI material sourcing and transfer to production
• Asian sourcing
• Product and material transfer
• Global commodity strategies (PCBA, Sheet Metal, Cable Assy, Copper tubes etc.)
• Total cost management
• Inventory management (VMI, Kanban)
• Manage RFQ package and cost analysis
• New supplier assessment, qualification and development
• Supplier Performance Management
• Quote and cost/cost model analysis
• Project management
• Contract negotiation
• Effective communication
• Creative problem solving
• Solid decision making skills.
• SAP MRP system, Oracle ERP/ASC, Agile
• Proficient in MS office application.
• Fluent in Chinese and English (verbal and written)
NPI Buyer Planner @ From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Buyer Planner @ Supply Chain lead for NPI projects and Product Transfer to CM in Malaysia with accomplishments in cost savings and supply chain alignment to support global commodity strategies.
• Manage multiple global resourcing projects to suppliers located at the lower cost regions (Mexico and China). Responsible for assessing, qualifying and developing new overseas suppliers. Manage RFP, analyze quotes, develop buy-make analysis and negotiate best unit price and NRE charges.
• Lead new supplier audits/assessment process and develop reports for global supply chain management to analyze and approve new strategic suppliers that support key commodities such as PCBA’s, electronics box, sheet metal parts, formed copper tubes and pressure vessels.
• Manage material planning and inventory for the operation transfer from US to Malaysia. Provide commodity management support to guide contract manufacturer in Malaysia to develop local supply chain and qualify new suppliers for raw material and components.
• Provide R&D engineering with cost analysis and identify cost driver during product design phase. Commit to meet aggressive project target cost and schedule. From July 2011 to August 2014 (3 years 2 months) NPI Procurement Specialist @ Drive team work among engineers, contract manufacturers, component suppliers, finance, and global supply chain to deliver best total cost solutions to all new products. Lead strategic sourcing of new and alternative materials. Develop supportive partnership with CM. Promote process improvements to meet aggressive timeline, cost target and the uncompromising quality of all materials.
• Meet baseline cost and gross margin target (55%-65%) for all NPI projects. Averaging 20% cost reduction and cost avoidance.
• 100% on-time delivery on quick turn proto/pilot builds.
• Negotiated a 12% discount on Agilent equipments for ATE.
• Rewarded with Gold Award (October 2010) and Platinum Award (January 2011) for work performance in excellence. From October 2007 to July 2011 (3 years 10 months) Chemical and Precious Metal Buyer @ Managed $15 million of requisitions and open orders. Monitor price variance caused by market price fluctuation. Reconciled invoice issues. Collaborated with Special Material Handling team to ensure all processes are in compliance. From June 2006 to September 2007 (1 year 4 months) Commodity Manager @ Mentored 3-5 buyers in the commodity team to achieve best total cost and lead time. Led commodity team to develop and implement commodity strategies that drove technology and cost roadmap. Evaluated supplier performance using TQRDCE methodology followed with supplier development strategies implementation. Continuous process improvements to drive efficiency and cost reduction.
• Implemented VMI (Vendor Management Inventory) with 5 strategic suppliers. Inventory reduced from 8 WOS (weeks of supply) to 2 WOS.
• Negotiated and managed contracts for an annual 5% cost reduction.
• Reduced $3million excess inventory. From October 1999 to January 2002 (2 years 4 months) Procurement Coordinator @ Analyzed MRP to manage purchase orders and order schedules. Expedite backorders with suppliers. Managed and maintained material attributes and reports in SAP. Secured supply of materials for production and NPI requirements. Managed non-conformed materials transactions. From January 1996 to October 1999 (3 years 10 months)
BA, English Language and Literature @ Hong Kong Baptist University Kitty Leung is skilled in: Contract Negotiation, Project Management, Agile Methodologies, Microsoft Office, Cost Management, Creative Problem Solving, Supply Management, MRP, Product Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Cross-functional Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension