Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, 5 out of 5 @
Irkutsk National Research Technical University
Respected executive technology leader offering on-time delivery of bleeding-edge cloud technology. Google technology stack experience including full-proficiency with Google Cloud Platform (AppEngine, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Compute Engine and Managed VMs, PubSub). Excellent Java full-stack development skills. Creative problem solving provider with 13 years of CTO/CIO experience and sustainable changes orientation; skilled big-picture observer, conceptualizer and developer capable
Respected executive technology leader offering on-time delivery of bleeding-edge cloud technology. Google technology stack experience including full-proficiency with Google Cloud Platform (AppEngine, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Compute Engine and Managed VMs, PubSub). Excellent Java full-stack development skills. Creative problem solving provider with 13 years of CTO/CIO experience and sustainable changes orientation; skilled big-picture observer, conceptualizer and developer capable of speaking with C-level executives and technological teams.
1. Java/Scala full-stack development incl. web UI (GWT, JQuery and JQuery Mobile, HTML/CSS, CoffeeScript, AngularJS), data management (Hibernate, SQL, NoSQL and MapReduce), frameworks (Spring, Phonegap and others), platforms (Google AppEngine, JBoss, Play Framework, Akka, Spark)
2. Agility as development philosophy incl. SCRUM (experience with developer, SCRUM-master and product owner roles)
3. Scalability and the large-scale systems development using google (BigTable, MapReduce) and NoSQL.
4. On-time delivery & Project management using Jira, Track, Phabricator and Gerrit for code-review. Experience with setting up/audit processes.
5. Technology architecture (Design patterns) and integration using low-level protocols (MQTT) and REST/SOAP web-services.
6. Staff management and team building
7. Budgeting/cost control
Architect: UML, ER, REST, Advanced distributed systems and systems on-demand, Cross-system data exchange, cloud-based architectures and internet-scale designs.
Java: Google Cloud Platform (including Google AppEngine, Android), Core Java, Java 2 EE (JSP, Servlets...), Scala, Akka, Spark.
Web: GWT (including MVP and GWTP), JQuery and JQuery Mobile, CoffeeScript, Less, Bootstrap, PhoneGap, AngularJS
Databases: NoSQL (incl. Google DataStore), BigQuery, SQL
Testing/Building: JUnit, JMeter, Selenium, Maven, SBT, Jenkins (ex. Hudson), SVN, Git, Gerrit
Network: HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT
Chief Software Engineer @ In charge of the company product architecture, back-end and front-end development using Google AppEngine, Google Web-Toolkit, Google Maps, Android and other Google technologies. Was a part of team which set the company development processes. Helped to reach 12 score on the Joel test. Responsible for outsource team communications.
1. Reengineered front-end GWT code (from JQuery) that fueled improvements to productivity, efficiency and stability of browser part of application. Developed code and system design using Google AppEngine, NoSQL, MapReduce and BigQuery for all system modules and often coordinated rollout.
2. Led, architected and participated in the design, testing and deployment of GAE and Android modules (HTTP communication, Services, UI) of Organizer.
3. Developed procedures for code management, review and code-base maintenance.
4. Perform scalability (StressTest using JMeter), durability (JUnit, CI using Jenkins) and performance code audit/review (Gerrit, Jira) and improvements.
5. Trained and mentored junior programmers in programming methodologies and best practices.
6. Served as a lead group member in defining and prioritizing technologies used in a company (NoSQL and Google stack advocate).
7. Designed and Developed from scratch Phonegap-based iOS version of Organizer mobile client using JQuery Mobile and CoffeeScript.
8. Designed and lead Twilio-based power dialer implementation with mobile device calling agents. From November 2012 to Present (3 years) San Francisco Bay AreaCo-Founder, CTO @ Responsible for all aspects of the overall technology vision, core projects design, J2EE-based projects management and software development, scalability and performance audit, operational management, technical and platform’s policies and configuration development (Android, Win NT4/2000/2003, FreeBSD, Solaris, Financial software, networking), recruiting and HR management. Built and managed a team of 10+ developers, mentoring in design/scalability.
1. Electionear. www.organizer.com. Electionear is a first mobile app for political campaigns and advocacy organizations of any size. It lets to have high-impact conversations with voters and constituents without wasting precious time and money in the process. Electionear is based on Google technologies including Google AppEngine, BigQuery, Google Web Toolkit, Android as mobile OS.
Project role: architect, lead developer.
2. MoPS (SearchMobile grid platform for STEM subjects social learning and knowledge measurement). http://www.mopsproject.org. MoPS is a distributed desktop/mobile educational platform. It utilizes peer-based questioning and game techniques to increase social knowledge. Software implementation works on Windows and Android. Device communications are P2P-based. Desktop UI is JavaFX-based. Android client is a native application.
Project role: project leader, architect, model/requirements developer.
3. i.Logos Distant learning system development. J2EE-based SCORM 2004 compliant distant learning system. i.Logos utilizes JBoss Application Server technology stack as well as i.Portal framework features.
Project role: architect, lead developer.
4. i.Portal framework/CMS. This is a software platform that allows to create, manage and support websites content. It is based on modular design that helps to speed up development of dynamic Internet applications. A multisite and multi domain support is a key feature of the platform.
Project role: project leader, architect, lead developer. From January 2002 to Present (13 years 10 months) Irkutsk Region, Russian FederationInstructor @ Courses: Software engineering, Operation systems, Probability theory.
Technologies: Java, JSP, Servlets, SQL, XML, XSL, FreeBSD, Windows, Solaris. From September 2004 to January 2012 (7 years 5 months) Irkutsk Region, Russian FederationDeputy vice-rector/Head of Internet-technology department @ In charge of the management of Internet Technology Center of the University, LMS deployment, the University web-sites development and content management, the development of the University web-content and distant learning policy, Aptech education center staff management (hiring, education plans, marketing and budgeting). Built a core team for web-design and technical support. Built interuniversity relationship to solicit content for a web-site and educational resources. Faculty training process was established.
1. i.Logos LMS deployment. LMS was deployed from scratch. More than 15K+ students were trained. Security/access policies were developed. Second-level support agreement and processes were created. 300+ distant learning courses development. More than $0.5M budget savings due to internal course development resources used.
Role: General management, team build, technical design, relationship management, HR.
2. 2 University web-site updates. Both projects included complete the web-site and content redesign. The first migration project also included the platform change from i.Portal CMS to OpenCMS. In-house content producing and interuniversity relationships were managed. 3000+ pages were updated
Role: General management, team build, technical overview/design, relationship management.
3. In-house client support process built. Student and faculty technical/methodical support process was designed and implemented with more than 15K+ users. 24/7 system monitoring was implemented.
Role: Project management, process definition and audit.
4. Aptech educational center set up and the educational process management. Aptech is an India-based training company. Aptech center was opened from scratch in 2009. Trainers hiring / certification process, overall educational process management and headquarter reporting were managed. A team of 12+ trainers was built.
Role: project budgeting, educational process management, HR, Aptech policy audit, headquarter reporting. From August 2006 to April 2011 (4 years 9 months) Irkutsk Region, Russian Federation