I am a data scientist in training and believe in using data to drive strategic decision-making. I have a unique blend of statistical knowledge, programming ability, and marketing experience to understand and explain complex data relationships to gain business insight. I enjoy working in fast paced environments and exploring large data sets in search of hidden patterns.
I am a data scientist in training and believe in using data to drive strategic decision-making. I have a unique blend of statistical knowledge, programming ability, and marketing experience to understand and explain complex data relationships to gain business insight. I enjoy working in fast paced environments and exploring large data sets in search of hidden patterns. Starting this fall, I'll be attending UC Davis where I will continue learning statistical computing, data visualization, and machine learning techniques.
Data Science Fellow @ From June 2015 to Present (4 months) San FranciscoAssociate, Strategic Initiatives @ – Prepared mail merges and answered logistical inquiries in a fast paced start-up environment.
– Built the 2015 Partners Conference website - http://conference.coursera.org. From November 2014 to April 2015 (6 months) Graduate Teaching Assistant @ – Taught several recitation sections of Calculus I and II. From August 2013 to April 2015 (1 year 9 months) World Traveler & Learner @ – Hiked 150 miles on the John Muir Trail, backpacked solo through five South American countries, and went on a three-month U.S. road trip.
– Taught myself Python and studied Statistical Learning and SQL via Stanford OpenEdX. Topics included LASSO regression, smoothing splines, random forests, boosting, and unsupervised learning. From May 2011 to July 2013 (2 years 3 months) Technical Marketing Engineer @ – Managed the SIMPLE SWITCHER business unit's European region.
– Responsible for new product development for a 150M in revenue, 80 percent margin business unit.
– Business case development for new products: market research, competitive and pricing analysis, product roadmap, return on investment, and market launch.
– Technical Marketing Rotation Program. One year rotation through four company business units: signal processing marketing, power marketing, corporate marketing, and sales. From July 2008 to April 2011 (2 years 10 months)
Master's Degree, Statistics @ University of California, Davis From 2015 to 2016 Mathematics and Statistics, 4.0 @ San Francisco State University From 2013 to 2015 Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, 3.9 @ California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo From 2007 to 2008 Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, 3.8 @ California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo From 2003 to 2008 ZipfianZipfianZipfian Kevin DelRosso is skilled in: R, Python, SQL, LaTeX, Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Statistical Modeling, Product Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Product Development, Management, Marketing, Business Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension