Director of Curriculum Development @ Confidential San Diego Start-Up
Professor @ Southwestern College
Graduate Teaching Associate @ San Diego State University
Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Communication, Communication, Management @
San Diego State University-California State University
Life is an adventure that I choose to embrace every single day. Around the world, around the nation, or around the block… I'm a traveler at heart. I'm a go-getter with experience in successfully starting two of my own businesses while also working for some of the world's most renowned companies: Apple, Sony Music Entertainment, Red Bull,
Life is an adventure that I choose to embrace every single day. Around the world, around the nation, or around the block… I'm a traveler at heart. I'm a go-getter with experience in successfully starting two of my own businesses while also working for some of the world's most renowned companies: Apple, Sony Music Entertainment, Red Bull, Pearson, and Beats By Dr. Dre. It's a challenge to catch me without a smile on my face. I have an incredibly dedicated work ethic and passion for getting things done. I don't just talk about things, I do them, and I do them big. Some people say the sky is the limit but I disagree, I think the sky is just a start.
Director of Curriculum Development @ •Design, customize, and implement STEM-based curriculum for a revolutionary learning tool that will change the field of education
•Create hand-crafted, family-friendly lessons that are designed to be simple enough for fun, yet sophisticated enough for changing your life
•Develop curriculum that is not just about learning, but about loving every second of it From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Greater San Diego AreaProfessor @ •Develop and implement communication fundamentals and public speaking curriculum for sixty multicultural students.
•Utilize lectures, activities, discussions, and experiential practices to enhance student learning and understanding. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Graduate Teaching Associate @ • Instructor and lecturer of COMM 103: Introduction to Public Speaking and Communication Theory.
• Design and implement customized activities and lesson-plans to enhance leadership, interpersonal relationships, positive influence, and public speaking for over 75 students each semester.
• Develop tailored, experiential curriculum, facilitate class discussions, and proctor midterms/final exams for university level students. From August 2013 to May 2015 (1 year 10 months) Greater San Diego AreaBrand Ambassador @ • Create awareness of Suja Juice to potential consumers via market sampling, product demonstrations, and special events sampling.
• Ignite a passion and awakening in the community for wellness in mind, body, spirit, and nutrition. From May 2013 to April 2015 (2 years) Greater San Diego AreaAssistant to the Graduate Director @ • Implement innovative methods to captivate and recruit new students: Currently constructing a graphic-design based brochure and flyer campaign.
• Connect directly with prospective students and provide tours of the program and campus.
• Edit, customize, and revise the Graduate School Student Handbook.
• Develop strategies to retain alumni membership and involvement.
• Nominated and awarded the position of Graduate Student Organization: Chief Technology Officer.
• Assist Director of School of Communication with first week priorities and clerical assistance. From August 2013 to January 2014 (6 months) Media and Technical Coordinator @ • Coordinate and manage all audio, visual, technical, and networking aspects of special conferences and events.
• Teach event coordinators about production technologies as well as research and implement new event technologies. From January 2013 to September 2013 (9 months) Greater San Diego AreaNetworking Solutions/Technical Support/Production Assistant/Brand Ambassador @ I perform work as a sole proprietor for various companies around the world.
Companies & Duties thus far:
Beats By Dr. Dre
Mariette Systems, Inc.
Entertainment Solutions/Rock n Roll Marathons
Red Bull North America, Inc.
Professional Art Handling
Artwork San Diego From May 2010 to August 2013 (3 years 4 months) Mentor | After-school Educator | Technology Educator @ • Designed, customized, and implemented technological learning solutions based on the needs and desires of the clients.
• Managed, monitored, and assisted with after-school education for elementary students. From July 2006 to February 2013 (6 years 8 months) Greater San Diego AreaCollege Marketing Representative @ "College Marketing Reps play an integral part in the development of Sony Music's breakthrough artists and assist in the roll out of established artists as well. Among the myriad of functions and responsibilities, College Reps organize listening events, interact closely with record stores and lifestyle accounts (skate shops, coffee shops, clothing stores) and are also very active in the online space. College Reps are often tastemakers in their markets and are heavily involved in campus and community activities. The College Rep position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the worlds leading entertainment companies." - (sonymusic.com) From September 2010 to July 2012 (1 year 11 months) Creative @ • Utilized discovery-based teaching and learning to enhance and empower customer’s product experience.
• Facilitated one-on-one specialized training sessions and group workshops to exclusive one-to-one program members. From December 2011 to April 2012 (5 months) Greater San Diego AreaIndependent Contractor @ • Various assistance for the Rock n' Roll Marathon Series, San Diego & Los Angeles 2011-2013.
• Duties included backstage preparations, talent shuttling, artist support, and any assistance needed on race-day. From March 2012 to March 2012 (1 month) Creator/Founder @ I am the owner/founder of The Lobby Publishing Co. - A music publishing company certified by ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers) that copyrights and protects all songs recorded in The Lobby (recording studio).
The Lobby recording studio is a home studio in favor of musicians, not dollars. From March 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 11 months) Greater San Diego AreaApple Campus Rep @ "What will you do?
You'll host workshops, throw events, and build relationships with students, faculty, and parents. You'll collaborate with the Apple team to run marketing programs on campus, from sales promotions to increasing awareness of Apple products. Best of all, being an Apple Campus Rep is more than just a college job it's a chance to get your resume off to a good start. How great is that?" - Apple From January 2009 to December 2011 (3 years) Independent Contractor @ Assisted with technology logistic solutions for PowerSchool University, hosted by Pearson. Duties included technology setup (computers, printers, wiring, projectors) in classrooms, technical support, IT services, and customer support. From July 2011 to August 2011 (2 months) Greater San Diego AreaCreator/Founder/Computer Technician @ Diagnosed, repaired, and built computer systems for residential clients and small businesses. From April 2006 to August 2008 (2 years 5 months) Greater San Diego AreaRacer Caddy @ Assisted all aspects of the San Diego Red Bull Air Races! From May 2008 to June 2008 (2 months)
Master of Arts (M.A.), Communication, General, Graduate Program @ San Diego State University-California State University From 2013 to 2015 Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Communication, Communication, Management @ San Diego State University-California State University From 2008 to 2012 Kevin Corcoran Jr, M.A. is skilled in: Communication, Studio Recording, Logic Pro, Anything I Put My Mind To., Music Industry, Recording, Mac OS X, Social Media, Photoshop, Facebook, HTML, Social Networking, Social Media Marketing, Web Design, Advertising
Looking for a different
Kevin Corcoran Jr, M.A.?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension