Kevin Mendez has been working in the accounting and tax field for over 7 years. He graduated from Florida International University with a Bachelor of Accounting and is currently in the process of completing his Masters in Tax. He recently passed all four parts of the CPA exam. Kevin prepares individual and business tax returns, performs bookkeeping
Kevin Mendez has been working in the accounting and tax field for over 7 years. He graduated from Florida International University with a Bachelor of Accounting and is currently in the process of completing his Masters in Tax. He recently passed all four parts of the CPA exam. Kevin prepares individual and business tax returns, performs bookkeeping services, and handles all IT related issues.
Kevin has also become certified as a fitness trainer because he believes in a well balanced life style that includes healthy eating, exercise, and a proper balance between work and personal life. He believes a well balanced life style is the key to enjoying a happy and successful career and personal life.
Specialties: bank reconciliation, cashier, credit, customer relations, data entry, forms, microsoft excel, microsoft office, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, payroll processing, quickbooks, tax planning, ups, tax preparation
Staff Accountant @ • Maintain tenant ledgers, set up and manage tenant billing for 50+ tenants in multiple properties.
• Review tenant lease contracts and work with property management to reconcile accounts
• Assist property controller with various projects such as CAM reconciliations
• Generate rent rolls & delinquency reports, create lease abstract in excel from contracts
• Maintain and reconcile petty cash account From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Tax Associate @ • Efficiently use GoSystems tax software to prepare corporate, partnership, individual, gift and state tax returns for clients in various industries
• Correspond to notices received from the IRS and various state departments of revenue on behalf of clients to resolve various types of penalties and late filing notices
• Communicate effectively results of research on various tax issues using CCH database and provide clients with recommendations for tax savings and compliance
• Assist interns with questions relating to tax software and technical tax problems From January 2015 to May 2015 (5 months) Accountant / Tax Preparer @ • Prepare corporate, individual, and partnership tax returns for clients in various industries and make recommendations for future tax savings
• Bookkeeping for clients & preparing 941, 940, and RT-6 payroll tax returns as well as year-end Forms W-2 and W-3
• Perform monthly credit card and bank reconciliations in QuickBooks and attend to any client needs or concerns
• Resolve technical computer and server problems as well as other IT related issues and help implement paperless office and cloud computing environment
• Research and consult on various federal tax matters
• Supervise and train first year employees on standard work protocol (engagement letters, tax preparation, expectations) and tax related software programs
• Proficient in ProSeries tax software for corporate, individual, and partnership tax return preparations
• First-level review of corporate and partnership tax returns
• Communicate with IRS on behalf of clients to resolve various types of penalties and late filing notices From January 2007 to December 2014 (8 years)
Master of Taxation, Taxation @ Nova Southeastern University From 2014 to 2015 Bachelor, Accounting @ Florida International University From 2006 to 2011 Kevin CPA is skilled in: Excel, PowerPoint, Quickbooks, Data Entry, Reconciliation, Tax Preparation, Word, Microsoft Office, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Outlook, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Bank Reconciliation, Microsoft Excel
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension