Senior Software Engineer, Leadership Development Program Manager @ Siemens
Junior Software Engineer @ Siemens
Cherokee High School
My love of technology and my analytical skills have led me to a career as a software developer, but my passion for the environment is what motivates me to work everyday. I enthusiastically seek out the latest innovations and advancements in the renewable energy sector in an effort to apply these breakthroughs to my everyday work. In
My love of technology and my analytical skills have led me to a career as a software developer, but my passion for the environment is what motivates me to work everyday. I enthusiastically seek out the latest innovations and advancements in the renewable energy sector in an effort to apply these breakthroughs to my everyday work. In my current role as a developer with Siemens Building Technologies, I strive to make the built environment a more efficient and reliable system using new and evolving web and embedded technologies. It is my dream to apply my technical skills to build an efficient, sustainable energy infrastructure, especially in underserved communities around the world.
Engineering Leadership Development Program @ Over the course of 2 years, I rotated through 4 different software engineering positions within Siemens Building Technologies R&D to develop my technical and leadership skills. Day-to-day work was supplemented with monthly training opportunities which covered topics such as public speaking, personality profiling, and time management.
Rotation 4 - Zug, Switzerland
• Utilized a range of technologies including Apache Thrift, C++, C#, and XAML to prototype a BACnet diagnostics feature for the latest global controller platform's commissioning tool
• Guided the prototype's implementation into user stories and requirements for integration into latest product release
• Coordinated with team members in Switzerland, India, and the U.S. to integrate new tool into newest codebase
Rotation 3 - Austin, TX
• Designed and wrote a suite of Groovy scripts to automate the roll-out of the new Siemens Site Controls Enterprise Portal website to over 2,000 North American users
• Worked closely with other team members to rewrite the existing HTML, CSS and AngularJS to reflect the reworked user interface specifications
• Supported change requests and bug fixes for both the front-end (AngularJS, HTML, CSS) and back-end (mySQL, Java, Groovy)
Rotation 2 - Buffalo Grove, IL
• Ported the Project Haystack server and client from Java to C# for an internal proof-of-concept
• Supported final development of a "Disaster Recovery" automated backup service by running memory profiling tests, fixing bugs, and enhancing the Windows Forms UI
• Awarded as winner of Siemens' "Innovation Day" for team's prototype of a building automation system integrated with iBeacons for location-tracking (patent pending)
Rotation 1 - Buffalo Grove, IL
• Leveraged PRISM and Unity frameworks to implement several features in a new WPF application while adhering to MVVM pattern From July 2013 to July 2015 (2 years 1 month) Greater Chicago AreaEnergy Efficiency Research Intern @ I was selected to spend 10 weeks living and working at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden as part of an exchange program with Duke University's Smart Home. While there, I had the opportunity to work closely with world-class professors, local entrepreneurs, and students from around the world to research, design, and test several projects relating to the use of energy.
•Developed and executed a test procedure for a novel biomass cookstove used in the developing world
•Designed set-up for characterization of cookstove emissions
•Evaluated the efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and practicality of cookstove
•Proposed new designs for future prototypes of the cookstove
•Prepared an extensive presentation and technical report for the cookstove designers
•Contributed to analysis of the Emergency Energy Module From April 2012 to August 2012 (5 months) Stockholm, SwedenSoftware Engineering Intern @ I developed and built a custom dashboard using the Django Python web framework. The dashboard served as a tool for an internal team to present to customers such as YouTube for monitoring data processes.
The monitoring system's codebase off of which I worked was experimental, and thus highly volatile. My dashboard was one of the first to be built using the new monitoring system. From June 2011 to August 2011 (3 months) Greater Seattle AreaTeaching Assistant @ •Teaching assistant for introductory course titled "Computational Methods & MATLAB"
•Held weekly office hours, assisted students in lab, and graded lab reports From August 2010 to June 2011 (11 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaEngineering Intern @ Developed a Control & Monitoring Station in LabVIEW for testing purposes From June 2010 to August 2010 (3 months) Greater Philadelphia Area
B.S.E., Electrical and Computer Engineering @ Duke University From 2009 to 2013 Cherokee High School From 2005 to 2009 Kerri Devine is skilled in: C#, .NET, Java, BACnet, Building Automation, Groovy, MySQL, Matlab, Python, VHDL, Labview, LaTeX, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Software Engineering, Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis, MIPS, Django, HTML5, AngularJS, Microsoft Office, Data Analysis, Research, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, C++
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension