Managing Director – Principal Consultant @ Kandoo, LLC
Please contact me at: email@example.com
Senior Executive and Business Leader with proven success in providing transformational and visionary leadership to turn around financial performance and business operations in highly challenging and underperforming environments. Easily balances the strategic, financial, and operational requirements of the organization, identifies issues, develops the tactical blueprint, creates shareholder value, and ensures attainment of
Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Executive and Business Leader with proven success in providing transformational and visionary leadership to turn around financial performance and business operations in highly challenging and underperforming environments. Easily balances the strategic, financial, and operational requirements of the organization, identifies issues, develops the tactical blueprint, creates shareholder value, and ensures attainment of business targets. Progressive, current finance expertise, with Big Four background; leverages cutting-edge finance strategies, thought leadership, and best practices.
Streamlines operations, reduces costs, and provides strategic vision to strengthen revenue, margins, market share, and competitive advantage. Genuine, approachable and authentic leader who values character and integrity, identifies and develops top talent, and cultivates lasting business connections with clients, strategic partners, colleagues, and team members. Fosters collaborative work environments and converts divergent groups into cohesive, engaged, and high-performance teams by gaining consensus and structuring processes around individual strengths and overall goals.
Finance / Operations Leadership • Business Transformation / Turnaround • Strategy Development / Tactical Execution • Sales Operations & Marketing Engagement • Forecasting / Financial Planning / Analysis • Multi-national / Multibillion-dollar Corporate Leadership • Process Improvement / Resource Optimization • Merger & Acquisition / Business Integration • Cross-functional / Global Leadership • Shareholder Value Creation
Executive Vice President of Operations @ ▪ Directed operations of $2.5 billion OCA business across the US, which included 500+ employees in areas including Customer Service, Supply Chain, Information Technology, Facilities, Inventory and Asset Planning, Purchasing, Financial Services, Business Optimization, Data Analytics, and Contract Management functions. Managed $300+ million budget for US-based OCA business units, with operational guidance to all other subsidiaries worldwide.
▪ Influenced and collaborated with business unit presidents to define overarching corporate strategies, achieve objectives, and ensure compliance with federal regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
▪ Expanded the US sales force 30% to more than 1,100 sales representatives with zero addition to back-office support personnel by redefining the call center model and creating robust tools including a new web-based discount approval process, which improved approval time, decreased overall discounts several percentage points, and increased profitability. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Center Valley, PennsylvaniaChief Operating Officer @ ▪ Promoted to serve as a member of the Board of Directors and led financial and operational matters for the Medical Systems Group and President of the Scientific Group while defining/implementing strategies to achieve objectives of $2.2 billion business.
▪ Primary liaison to worldwide headquarters in Japan and other business centers worldwide.
▪ Established, directed, and maintained financial/operational procedures, ensured accurate/compliant fiscal records, prepared and ensured integrity of financial reports, and managed data analytics, customer-facing operations, and inventory/asset management.
▪ Led strategic asset management initiative to ensure compliance of $500 million in assets during DOJ investigation.
▪ Developed consistency in the global business planning process for the medical business and industrial/life sciences business across the Americas, including development/implementation of a robust web-based tool; ensured comprehensive and timely management reporting for all entities and ultimately replaced parent company reporting requirements. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Center Valley, PennsylvaniaGroup Vice President of Finance and Operations @ ▪ Promoted to work with the executive leadership team to define and implement strategic goals and manage all financial and operational matters for the $2.2 billion Medical Systems Group Companies’ and Scientific Group Companies for all of the Americas.
▪ Led integration of $600 million medical device manufacturing company, including staff, processes, business rules/practices, and systems; decreased back-office staffing requirements 20%.
▪ Created streamlined and consistent discount approval process across more than 10,000 SKUs and 6 distinct businesses in 10+ countries spanning North and South America; increased profitability by reducing administrative duties and strengthening compliance controls; created mechanism in reporting by SKU to account accurately for transfer pricing and contribution margins in each geography.
▪ Revamped and aligned bonus structure across all countries to achieve parity in profit sharing/bonus plan based on performance and profitability of all organizations.
▪ Increased cash flow, strengthened AR by minimizing touch points, and improved 90-day past due category by 75%. From October 2011 to October 2013 (2 years 1 month) Center Valley, PennsylvaniaVice President of Finance and Operations @ ▪ Promoted to define and execute the strategies and goals of the $1.2 billion Medical Systems Group; primary liaison to worldwide HQ in Japan and other business centers worldwide for all financial and operational matters for the medical business.
▪ Integrated $150 million surgical business and decreased back-office staffing 50% while improving operational metrics.
▪ Improved disaster recovery capabilities by integrating call centers and creating team-driven, cross-functional environment.
▪ Boosted services market share from 60% to 80%, converting competitive accounts, boosting retention rate to 90%, and increasing point-of-sale commitment to service, while significantly improving profit margins on service contracts.
▪ Added more than $1 million annually to the bottom line by negotiating pricing/shipping adjustments with GPOs and IDNs.
▪ Created innovative, highly cost-effective demonstration/evaluation process that reduced inventory carried by field sales reps and reduced asset pool 35%; model was rolled out nationwide and led to higher utilization and compliance.
▪ Selected by senior leaders to lead disaster recovery efforts for the Americas after the great tsunami in Japan; communicated closely with customers and field employees to manage expectations and worked with manufacturing/supply chain to maintain service and supply levels; successfully achieved high customer satisfaction and financial performance. From April 2007 to October 2011 (4 years 7 months) Executive Director of Finance and Operations @ ▪ Facilitated seamless transition of finance and operations functions during corporate headquarters relocation from Melville, NY to Lehigh Valley, PA with zero disruption to $800 million core business, while simultaneously launching new product platform.
▪ As US representative on Global Inventory Committee, created consistent Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across major markets worldwide; improved demand planning, creating balance and parity during crisis situations; slashed over 180-day inventory balance 50% without increasing write-offs and shared best practices to strengthen relationships. From April 2005 to April 2007 (2 years 1 month) Center Valley, PennsylvaniaDirector of Finance @ From August 1999 to March 2005 (5 years 8 months) Melville, New YorkSenior Manager Finance @ From April 1998 to August 1999 (1 year 5 months) Melville, New YorkManager Finance @ From August 1997 to April 1998 (9 months) Melville, New YorkCorporate Controller @ From September 1995 to August 1997 (2 years) Westbury, New YorkAudit Manager @ From August 1988 to September 1995 (7 years 2 months) Melville, New York
BS, Accounting @ Boston College From 1984 to 1988 Kenneth Kanzler is skilled in: Cross-functional Team..., Medical Devices, Process Improvement, Forecasting, Management, Strategic Planning, Finance, Product Launch, Change Management, Sales Operations, Auditing, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Operations Management, Market Development, Capital Equipment, Sales, Mergers & Acquisitions, Transformational..., Senior Executive..., Strategic Alliances, Strategic Vision, Thought Leadership, C Suite, Board Relations, Turn Around Management, Tactical Solutions, Shareholder Value, Talent Management, Tactical Leadership, Strategic M&A, Merger Integration, Business Transformation, Resource Optimization, Resource Allocation, Global Cross-Functional...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension