Software Engineer @ iOS development From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Mobile QA Engineer @ Developing and executing a test plan to cover multiple mobile devices with Maps & Navigation software. This includes both mobile sites and mobile applications. The mobile sites were m.mapquest.com & wap.mapquest.com. And the applications spanned across the iPhone, BlackBerry
Software Engineer @ iOS development From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Mobile QA Engineer @ Developing and executing a test plan to cover multiple mobile devices with Maps & Navigation software. This includes both mobile sites and mobile applications. The mobile sites were m.mapquest.com & wap.mapquest.com. And the applications spanned across the iPhone, BlackBerry and Android devices. Testing included, but was not limited to, manually testing the devices for functionality and screen resolution accuracy/usability as well as real-world road testing to verify GPS accuracy across multiple devices and networks.
● Mobile QA Engineer
○ Testing the websites/applications across multiple different phones/carriers, verifying mapping and GPS accuracy
○ Testing iPhone application both with the actual devices as well as with Apple’s iOS SDK with Xcode & iPhone Simulator
○ Testing BlackBerry application both with actual devices as well as with BlackBerry Simulators
○ Testing Android application both with actual devices as well as with the Android SDK
○ Working with multiple Scrum teams across the different applications/mobile sites concurrently
○ Tools Used
• Mac OS X 10.6.4, Xcode 3.2.4, Cornerstone 1.5, Eclipse 3.5, DeviceAnywhere, VMware Fusion 2.0 From May 2009 to April 2014 (5 years) Quality Engineer @ Developing and executing test cases for a start-up company working in the mobile web realm including mobile sites m.vcast.com, vzw.buzzwire.com, and m.buzzwire.com. Testing included, but was not limited to, manually testing cellular devices, load/performance testing the various sites, and utilizing open source automated tools.
Testing the websites/applications across multiple different phones/carriers, making sure video was able to stream and the layout was correct.
Performance Testing the different mobile sites using Apache JMeter 2.3
Working in a Linux environment and deploying builds into the QA environment and performing data queries with MySQL using the command line
Viewing Log files to troubleshoot any errors that would occur
Working in an Agile environment with 2 week sprints will little to no documented requirements, so good judgment was needed to carry out the desired tasks
Testing products that interacted with social networks such as Facebook & Twitter
Oversaw 4 offshore analysts. Gave assignments nightly, checked in online to see if any critical issues arose, and reviewed their previous nights status daily.
Ubuntu 8.04/8.10, Firefox 3.0.7, Apache JMeter 2.3, Selenium, Eclipse 3.4.1, groovy, DeviceAnywhere, MySQL From October 2008 to May 2009 (8 months) QA Analyst @ Creating test scripts using QuickTestProfessional 9.1/9.2. Scripts developed utilizing the Object Repository as well as Descriptive Programming.
Using Mercury Quality Center 9.0 to detail the project requirements, test cases, test results, and any defects that may have occurred.
Reading and understanding Requirements and Functional Specifications.
Developing and executing Test Cases for a top Annuity Products company.
Utilized SQL Server to find appropriate data for the projects at hand.
Communicating with Business Analysts and Business System Analyst to understand the requirements and application changes.
Ensuring complete and thorough testing of web-based application changes.
Leading QA Analysts to complete the projects assigned.
Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer 6, QTP 9.1/9.2, Mercury Quality Center 9.0, SQL Server From January 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 10 months)
Bachelors Degree, Computer Science; an emphasis in Mathematics @ University of Nevada From 2002 to 2005
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension