Seeking new opportunities in buying, product development or merchandising where I can utilize and continue to grow my skills, talents, creativity and curiosity. I have over 5 years of buying experience in a trend-setting, competitive and fast paced environment. Bought several categories for 180 stores across North America and was responsible for triple digit comps in the
Seeking new opportunities in buying, product development or merchandising where I can utilize and continue to grow my skills, talents, creativity and curiosity. I have over 5 years of buying experience in a trend-setting, competitive and fast paced environment. Bought several categories for 180 stores across North America and was responsible for triple digit comps in the direct business. Market savvy, able to find brand right and trend right merchandise and vendors. Successful and experienced product developer across categories; working knowledge of design and manufacturing processes, pricing, and materials. Proven negotiation skills with both domestic and overseas vendors.
Product Development Manager @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) New Castle, DEGlobal Sourcing Analyst @ Leads the product development process from concept to delivery for all Fashion Bath hard goods.
• Acts as liaison between overseas agents and factories and the internal design, marketing, engineering, graphics and sales teams.
• Works closely with design on product development and offers creative solutions for cost and value engineering.
• Negotiates best pricing, lead time and delivery to meet our customer’s changing needs. From January 2014 to September 2014 (9 months) Product Development Manager @ Managed all aspects of launching the education program for the disciplines of woodworking, metalworking, jewelry, art and photography.
• Responsible for planning and scheduling classes, developing new curriculum, recruiting and interviewing instructors, pricing and marketing classes. From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaAssociate Buyer @ Responsible for several categories within the home department including lighting, storage, candles, kitchen, bar, furniture and vanity accessories.
• Managed OTB, reorders, and markdowns on a weekly basis
• Developed and created best sellers; brought over 100 products from conception to reality.
• Constantly negotiated best pricing and deliveries
• Traveled overseas and domestically to discover new product and vendors as well as foster profitable and long-standing relationships.
• Created and strategically distorted to new businesses: re-launch of the candle business, birth of lighting and storage as distinct classes. From October 2010 to March 2013 (2 years 6 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaAssistant Buyer @ Assisted with several growth categories within the home department including bedding, rugs, window, tapestries, decorative textiles, bath and wall art.
• Owned and grew the bath class online during this time.
• Began product development; was responsible for creating some best-selling styles.
• Wrote and tracked all POs; worked closely with all aspects of vendor relationships. From January 2010 to October 2010 (10 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaMerchandise Assistant @ Responsible for assisting on all decorative home categories listed above, with the addition of furniture.
• Managed photo shoots, all samples, and PR requests.
• Active in web maintenance; responsible for product specs and customer questions.
• Earned the additional responsibility of owning the stationery and holiday card categories for direct. From September 2008 to January 2010 (1 year 5 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaWeb Production Coordinator @ • Posted, merchandised, and managed all home, men’s apparel, and men’s accessories to urbanoutfitters.com.
• Worked closely with the buying and marketing teams to develop compelling product groups and profitable cross-sells. From January 2007 to September 2008 (1 year 9 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaFreelance Arts and Culture Writer @ Wrote several articles related to Philadelphia arts and culture, including a feature article. From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Greater Philadelphia AreaAssistant Director @ Responsible for all press releases, artist bios, site content, and opening and closing receptions. Assisted in curating shows, hanging, and finding new talent. From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) Greater Philadelphia AreaCo-Director @ Instrumental in opening the doors to this gallery. Responsible for all written materials, site content, mailings, and email blasts. Partnered in curating shows, finding new artists, hanging shows, sales; planning and executing opening and closing parties. From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) Greater Philadelphia AreaCollections Management - Inventory Technician @ Led a small team in an art cataloging project from conception to completion consisting of over 180,000 works of art - the entire prints, drawings and photographs department, in preparation for the move from PMA proper to the Perelman building. From 2003 to 2006 (3 years) Greater Philadelphia AreaRecord Technician - Data Entry Analyst @ Worked with a small team to convert all accession, provenance, exhibit, and storage location information from card catalog to computer database – TMS, The Museum System. Position demanded patience, accuracy and excellent problem solving skills. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Greater Philadelphia Area
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Completed a double major in Art History and Journalism, graduated with high honors @ Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick From 1998 to 2002 Lenape High School, Medford, NJ From 1994 to 1998 Kendra Toscano is skilled in: Fashion, Trend Analysis, Trend, Fashion Buying, Assortment, Merchandise Planning, Visual Merchandising, Retail Buying, Microsoft Excel, Negotiation, Product Development, Creativity, Curiosity, Marketing, Multi Tasking, Business Strategy, Business Analysis, Travel, Problem Solving, Email Marketing, Open to Buy Management, Merchandising, Retail, Trend Forecasting, Textiles, Private Label
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension