Call Center Customer Service Representative @ Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Accomplished Inventory Management professional | Demand Planner | Allocator | Inventory Analyst seeking to expand leadership responsibilities and leverage analysis, reporting, planning, and training development skills. A self-starter who is willing to take initiative and assume responsibility. Quickly learns new skills and systems. Is driven to achieve results using high levels of initiative and persistence to accomplish
Accomplished Inventory Management professional | Demand Planner | Allocator | Inventory Analyst seeking to expand leadership responsibilities and leverage analysis, reporting, planning, and training development skills. A self-starter who is willing to take initiative and assume responsibility. Quickly learns new skills and systems. Is driven to achieve results using high levels of initiative and persistence to accomplish goals. Demonstrates strong work ethics, integrity, and values.
~ Gathering, organizing, and analyzing raw data
~ Optimizing assortments and inventory
~ Improving Inventory Service Level
~ Improving Inventory Turn
~ Improving flow of inventory
~ Intermediate/Advanced Excel and Word
> My actions proved we could sell Heavy-Weight Sleepwear in August by concentrating inventory around college campuses. Replenishing based on Sell Through rather than by Store Grades ensured even distribution. Sales were successful and profitable.
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Word
• Business Objects
• Demand Chain Management (DCM)
• Enhanced Forecast & Allocation System (EFAS)
• Detail Oriented / Analytical
> Strengths Finders – Restorative, Context, Harmony, Intellection, Deliberative
Allocator @ Worked closely with Divisional Merchandise Managers, Buyers, Planning and Allocation department and Field Operations and Distribution Center.
• Made recommendations for present and future purchase and markdown actions based on sales, inventory, and store performance.
• Developed allocation strategies to increase sales and reduce markdowns
• Compiled product and vendor information and keeps appropriate parties updated
• Developed general allocation strategies using historical and projected performance
• Assisted business in increasing turns and maintaining high in-stock levels
• Communicated with the DC about status of new receipts and the distribution of merchandise to the stores.
• Spent time daily in the DC in order to help prioritize workload and cultivate relationships with the staff and management. From June 2015 to Present (6 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaSr. Inventory Planner @ Supported the Planning Manager in the general procurement efforts of the Corporation. Assisted with the transition of inventory to the TaylorMade warehouses due to Plano office closure in Q4.
• Monitored inventory of components and clubs to determine re-order needs and timing
• Conducted pre-launch tasks (such as confirming SKU’s for launch, loading bill of materials, pulling historical data, etc.) for new programs.
• Maximized in-stock, minimized transportation/logistics expense, backorders and excess or obsolete inventory; worked closely with Purchasing Manager and Research & Development personnel to ensure consistent level of inventory
• Maintained product plans, international orders, and distributor contact files
• Created Purchase Orders for finished goods and components in Oracle
• Worked on transition from PeopleSoft to Oracle, including bill of material changes and vendor pricing. From May 2014 to October 2014 (6 months) Call Center Customer Service Representative @ From October 2013 to April 2014 (7 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSr. Allocator (Demand Planner) / Allocator @ Forecasted and Replenished a SKU-intensive (3D-sizing) and a seasonally-driven merchandise category (Men’s Dress Shirts, and Ties, Sleepwear, and Hosiery) to support $83M sales plan for 1,100 stores
• Addressed Service Level issues by partnering with Buyer & Vendor; Determined "model-stock" and exit strategy of discontinuing SKU's; Improved a consistently sub-par Service Level to 98% (Goal = 96%)
• Optimized assortments and inventory, supported by fact-based analyses, to maximize sales and profit; Made recommendations for sales/receipt/pack size opportunities, SKU optimization, flow strategy, and store base to drive profits while maintaining the Buyer's objectives
• Validated the Sales Forecast to ensure the projected sales curve accurately depicted the anticipated sales increase or decrease; ensured future replenishments would be supported by monthly Open-to-Buy
• Subject Matter Expert for the New Store process for (4) Merchandising Teams (approx. 50 people)
• Trained and mentored Merchandise Trainee on allocation strategies.
• Designated Subject Matter Expert (SME) for New Store process.
• Accomplished 98% or above (Goal = 96%) in stock in area of responsibility. From November 2000 to April 2012 (11 years 6 months) Assistant Buyer (Assistant Media Manager) @ • Assisted Media Manager with the planning, purchasing, and building of the Juniors, & Petite/Tall/Women’s Specialty media.
• Analyzed sales, initiated future media plans; partnering with Buyer, implemented the final plan. Worked with suppliers regarding trends, specifications and quality standards. Approved ad copies for catalog. From January 1999 to November 2000 (1 year 11 months) Catalog Inventory Analyst @ • Planned and controlled sales forecasts and inventory levels for all Catalog Media for assigned Subdivision/Category in support of catalog objectives for optimal inventory and customer service levels.
• Recommended solutions to overstock problems in a cost effective manner to achieve optimal recovery; Improved customer service through improved initial fill, reduced omissions, and reduced backorders.
• Trained and mentored new Analysts on business strategies. From January 1996 to January 1999 (3 years 1 month)
Undergraduate Studies, Business, Fashion Merchandising @ Drexel University From 1981 to 1983 Kelly D. Montgomery is skilled in: Inventory Management, Retail, Forecasting, Trend Analysis, Inventory Control, Customer Service, Training, Sales, Assortment, Retail Replenishment, Problem Solving, Microsoft Excel, Adaptability, CPFR, Demand Planning
Looking for a different
Kelly D. Montgomery?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension