Electrical Engineering @
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Proven leader with 15+ years executive and C-Level management experience in small, mid-size and large global, advanced technology corporations. Management expertise and executive level responsibilities for business unit management, international business development, implementation of corporate marketing strategies, execution of long-range product line development, improved operational efficiencies, and expansion of global sales. Excellent communication skills, consensus building, and
Proven leader with 15+ years executive and C-Level management experience in small, mid-size and large global, advanced technology corporations. Management expertise and executive level responsibilities for business unit management, international business development, implementation of corporate marketing strategies, execution of long-range product line development, improved operational efficiencies, and expansion of global sales. Excellent communication skills, consensus building, and nurturing of cooperative relationships with staff, Board of Directors, executives, and customers. Key competencies:
• Profit & Loss Management
• C-Level General Management
• Global Sales and Marketing
• Operations Management
• Global Business Development
• Strategic Planning & Vision
• Resource Management
• Venture Capital Fund Raising
• Lean & TOC Manufacturing
• Organizational Development
• Marketing Communications
• Corporate Culture Change
President, Managing Director @ Home service based holding company with interest in leading home service companies that embrace innovative and leading edge processes and techniques to bring products and services to the home.
Cleveland Floor Coverings International is owned and operated by Home Service Holdings and is an example of the type of company that have innovative marketing by bringing the flooring showroom and design consultant to the consumer's home. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Cleveland/Akron, Ohio AreaMember Board of Directors @ Oversaw the activities and strategic direction of the company, leading to the successful sale of the company in March 2015. From 2011 to 2015 (4 years) Austin, Texas AreaPresident and CEO @ Led all aspects of private equity held company’s operations including sales, marketing, manufacturing, quality, development engineering, and new product development project management with operations in Cleveland and Aurora, Ohio. Assumed leadership roles during transitional period from private family ownership to private equity group. Reported to Board of Directors. Managed 6 direct reports and 115+ indirect reports.
• Increased 11.9% in net sales, 29.3% in gross margin, and 24.7% in EBITDA in first year.
• Led successful culture change resulting in a unified team, increased accountability and purpose at every level, and improved employee morale and retention.
- Established regular meetings with manufacturing technicians in small groups.
- Developed “Breakfast with CEO” program establishing open door policy.
- Increased executive level visibility and accessibility.
• Established weekly meetings with executive team providing updates on metrics and on-going challenges resulting in breaking down barriers, enabling collaboration and promoting transparency.
• Led conception, development and launch of first major new product (DuraLife) for company in 5+ years.
- DuraLife was first product of its kind in the market, providing a sole source situation.
- DuraLife expanded Radix’s addressable market to fire protection market which had not serviced before and gained customer acceptance and incremental sales. From 2013 to 2014 (1 year) Cleveland/Akron, Ohio AreaChief Operating Officer @ Provided leadership for company’s operations including sales, marketing, quality, development engineering, manufacturing, and new product development project management with operations in Minnesota, California, and Singapore. Responsible for complete P&L with 9 direct reports and 100+ indirect reports. Reported to Owner/CEO. Recruited to higher standing C-Level opportunity with an industry leading manufacturer.
• Spearheaded new product funnel growth and operational efficiencies, resulting in 15% increase in ASP, 50% increase in new product revenue, and 30% reduction in cost of goods sold.
• Increased employee accountability and product quality resulting in 50% reduction in customer reported quality issues.
• Recruited, hired and conducted onboarding for staff of highly experienced functional leaders providing leadership and direction of under managed business.
• Established and promoted environment of focused direction and accountability across company improving quality, increasing efficiency, lowering costs, and increasing value to customer resulting in revenue and margin growth.
• Efforts resulted in 15% increase in ASP due to elimination of non-value customer price reductions and improved product mix, along with 30% reduction in cost of goods sold through cost reduction and operation efficiencies initiatives. From 2011 to 2013 (2 years) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaSr. Director & Business Segment Leader @ Served as leader of Honeywell Aerospace’s component and sensor business unit servicing space and defense, aerospace, commercial, and consumer markets with 500 employees across four sites. Reported to VP of Space Electronics Group. Recruited to C-Level position with maximum opportunity.
• Achieved revenue growth of 64% and margin growth of 118% during an economic downturn.
• Identified market trends and introduced world’s first integrated 3D electronic compass for mobile phones and gaming resulting in > 300% growth of the magnetic sensor business.
• Pursued and won a $218M government contract to supply components a strategic defense system.
• Developed and implemented business strategies for broad portfolio of radiation hard microelectronics, precision pressure sensors, magnetic sensors, precision accelerometers and high temperature products resulting in revenue growth of 64%.
• Formulated and administered business unit’s fiscal policy, developed strategic direction and analyzed critical activities, costs and operations, and seeking win/win propositions with customers on major pursuits that met the customers’ expectations while leveraging Honeywell strengths and profit growth resulting in 118% margin growth since 2007.
• Forged international business partnership with major European MEMs sensor provider developing complimentary magnetic sensor products for both companies with customers including Motorola, RIM, LG, Samsung, and Garmin.
• Revitalized business team through product alignment reorganization and recruitment of upgraded talent.
• Recognized market trends and provided strategic product direction to address industries move to provide more sensors in cellular and gaming applications. From 2006 to 2011 (5 years) Vice President, Sales and Marketing @ Provided sales and marketing strategy for compound semiconductor startup that facilitated the transition from government funded R&D institution to commercial power discrete semiconductor company. Reported to President / CEO. Recruited to higher level leadership opportunity in leading Fortune 100 company.
• Led company’s global sales expansion of SiC Epi Wafers resulting in 30% revenue increase.
• Participated in sales and marketing functions from sales tool development, sales call, marketing communications, and product planning.
• Recognized by Dow Jones as one of top 50 technology companies in US and top five most promising emerging semiconductor companies at the Semiconductor Venture Fair in San Francisco.
• Utilized general management experience to assist company with capital planning, operations, and manufacturing.
• Participated in equity fund raising including finance strategy, presentations, and potential investor / finance cultivation.
• Developed strategic business plan to leverage current technology strengths and government contracts including transition strategy, business models, market analysis, corporate objectives, product strategy, sales strategy, and competitive response. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Business Unit Director - Power Discrete Business Unit @ Served as General Manager of company's second largest business unit (BU) with > 500 employees and operations in U.S., Asia, and Europe. Reported to VP / GM, Components Division. Recruited to start-up company providing equity opportunity and leadership advancement.
• Increased revenues more than 15%, improved gross margin more than 44%.
• Assisted in corporate-wide marketing reorganization, including implementation of a comprehensive worldwide marketing training program resulting in value based selling and common terms across company. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Phoenix, Arizona AreaVice President & Managing Director - Americas Central Sales Division @ Led the turnaround of the Americas Central Sales Division from a profit loss to a sustained profitability in sales (40% revenue increase) within three years. Reported to Board leadership in Japan.
• Upgraded division's corporate sales / profitability rank from 30th to 6th to become Rohm's second fastest growing division behind China.
• Increased fiscal 2003 sales 25 % during a down market and exceeded division’s sales goals. From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaDirector of Marketing @ Responsible for Strategic Marketing Team, Tactical Marketing Team, Strategic Account Managers and Customer Service. Reported to VP, Wireless Business Unit. Recruited out for Vice President opportunity.
• Increased product group revenues 300% over 3 years with gross margin exceeding 42%.
• Enlisted by CEO to serve as crisis manager for Asia. Assisted with quality, delivery, and technical issues with Asian customers utilizing learned cultural diplomacy resulting in a win / win for both the customer and Atmel. From 1990 to 2000 (10 years) Colorado Springs, Colorado Area
Strategic Marketing Management @ The University of Chicago Booth School of Business From 2002 to 2002 Electrical Engineering @ University of Minnesota-Twin Cities From 1984 to 1986 BSEE @ Oklahoma State University From 1977 to 1982 Keith Nootbaar is skilled in: Leadership, Executive Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Business Strategy, P&L Management, Product Marketing, Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Program Management, Product Development, Electronics, Strategy, Engineering Management, Product Management, Account Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension