Bachelor (1 SEM) /Master (1 SEM) of Industrial Design @
Katherine Maree Pace is a Venture Lead in the Strategy and Transformation Team, PwC Sydney.
Her role is to think big and execute. Katherine conjures and captures venture ideas for PwC's Innovation Pipeline. She leverages PwC's dynamic talent pool to validate the size and complexity of opportunities and then leads successful business concepts through the build, launch
Katherine Maree Pace is a Venture Lead in the Strategy and Transformation Team, PwC Sydney.
Her role is to think big and execute. Katherine conjures and captures venture ideas for PwC's Innovation Pipeline. She leverages PwC's dynamic talent pool to validate the size and complexity of opportunities and then leads successful business concepts through the build, launch and scale life cycles.
Five years experience in innovation, branding, start-ups and technology. Strong leadership qualities in 'creating the new and the different', 'focusing on the bottom line' and 'managing work processes'. First-langauge English, fluent in Danish. Founder of Vame.me. A diverse background of leadership and learning by doing.
Current Industries of focus: FinTech and E-Health
Founder @ Vame is a digital platform (Website, IOS and Android) used by people in Australia, Brazil, US, Israel, Denmark and France. People record the personal pronunciation of their own name and add it to their email signature and online profiles. Whilst leading teams between Denmark and China Katherine felt the need to develop a smart solution in which people could share and remember each others names more effectively. In 2014 Katherine met Software Developer Thomas Garrood. Her business and Industrial Design experience complimented his software and technology expertise. Together they share knowledge, gain insights and drive the growth of Vame into a useful and friendly online service.
• Successfully inspire a team to build launch and scale a new online tool.
• Bootstrap the entire production.
• Write and execute a business plan.
• Pitch and liaise with potential Investors, partners and sponsors and media
• Design a clean and easy to use UX and UI.
• Launch beta prototypes, bug fix, re-design and reiterate.
• Review stats and constantly optimise for product market fit.
• Build a trustworthy brand with a kind-hearted human feel; email campaigns and marketing videos.
• Source Mentors from Google, Atlassian, Canva and Hall-Chadwick
Success: Multiple fan mails. Users in Miami sharing Vame between Indian and Iranian attendees. 15% returning visitor rate to website. Users in 10 different countries. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Sydney, AustraliaVenture Lead; Innovation and Digital Ventures @ Katherine Maree Pace is a Venture Lead in the Strategy and Transformation Team, PwC Sydney.
Her role is to think big and execute. Katherine conjures and captures venture ideas for PwC's Innovation Pipeline. She leverages PwC's dynamic talent pool to validate the size and complexity of opportunities and then manages successful business concepts from inspiration through the build, launch and scale life cycle.
Current Industries of focus: FinTech and E-Health From November 2014 to December 2015 (1 year 2 months) Sydney, AustraliaBusiness and Product Development @ ISSUE is a powerful cloud based publisher of mobile magazines with shoppable stories.
Accessible from any web browser, content creators simply write and edit just like blogging, tag products easily and can publish in a day, no app download required. Readable directly within twitter and facebook news feeds. Instant viewing without download.
Issue is a mature start-up, previously funded by AngelPad In Silicon Valley. The core team consists of Tech Founder (Taylor Luk), Mobile Engineer (Marc Guo), Big Data Engineer (Khoa Nguyen) and Business and Product Development (Katherine Maree Pace).
• Drive clear communication between developers, end users, clients and media
- What is it? How does it benefit you? Key Value Proposition. Key Features.
• Meet with clients, relay needs to development team to improve usability.
• Review competitor landscape. Identify points of differentiation. Articulate a brand strategy.
• Define a financial Model
• Monitor and measure KPI's (Subscribers, Page views, purchase intent etc) to improve the optimal template for a Digital magazine.
• Write engaging speeches and curate highly visual and engaging sales material.
• Build a time plan for Mondelez Immersion week. 5 day intensive workshops sharing Philly and ISSUE values and goals. Help curate a content and go-to-market strategy for the published Issue's.
• Translate technology terms (RSS, HTML5, Native etc) into commercial slogans for sales collateral.
• Source venues, cold call and establish partnerships to create ISSUE hype.
• Ensure key messages are conveyed in 90second film to our target market.
• Reading an audience and quickly addressing their key points of interest.
• Build a sales system
Success: Designing an engaging speech for the Mondelez Best Mobile Technology start-up final. Winning $40,000 and now working closely with Bianca Melky, FMCG Brand Manager and their partners on a 90 day pilot pushing three Issues to an international demographic. From May 2014 to October 2014 (6 months) Business Development Manager - Europe and US @ Clients include: Bang & Olufsen A/S, B&O PLAY A/S, Pétillant, M Mobility A/S, Hayworth Inc
Capture new business, manage large complex proposals, supervise resources and oversee product development proposals when the creative director was unavailable. Create proposals and time plans for all projects. Travel between Europe and Asia to represent the company at international conferences whilst seek out prospective new clients.
• Led the studio team through the successful design and build of Bang & Olufsen's most technologically advanced flagship store in Shanghai, China.
• Contributed to the design and build of new brands and their product offerings.
• Key communicator between client, engineers, architects and manufacturers to ensure project briefs were being followed.
• Contributed to defining a product vision and strategy for Bang & Olufsen's new B&O PLAY sub brand. From January 2013 to June 2013 (6 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkStudio Manager @ Johannes Torpe Studios is a multidisciplinary design studio that has been operating for fifteen years within the fields of Branded Space, Corporate Identity, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design and Architecture.
Katherine's role as Johannes Torpe Studio Manager is to oversee the management of all projects, contract negotiation, budget analysis, streamline the use of internal and external resources, mediate between clients and company employees, follow project timeplans, lead weekly meetings and improve company principals in teamwork and communication.
Overall studio management of 10 to 20 designers, architects and engineers. Lead manager overseeing multiple projects at any one time as well as all marketing and PR. Manage all finance and legal administration. Meeting and communicating with the company lawyer, accountant and bank managers.
• Improved employee work efficiency rates and quality of deliverables.
• Initiated online tools to improve system processes - i.e. invoicing with e-conomic.
• Successfully facilitated the de-merger of JTS, working with lawyers and accountants to establish the new legal company, bank accounts and resource lists.
• Implemented weekly meetings to improve company principals in teamwork and communication.
Clients include: Bang & Olufsen, Frederiksberg Kommune, Gourmet Food Brands A/S From August 2012 to January 2013 (6 months) Copenhagen Leader @ Striving to create an international network for and from organizations and institutions dealing with service design in a professional way... one city at a time.
Building a Service Design culture requires cooperation among disciplines, draws upon theories and practices to define a unique body of knowledge capable of addressing all the hard to soft aspects of the service. The SDN aims to develop and establish the Service Design discipline and professional identity. From August 2012 to December 2012 (5 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkProduct Development Manager @ Finance Commando provides Next Generation Accounting and Financial services for Entrepreneurs.
As a 1 year old business, Katherine's role is to grow, nature and develop the business. Her official 'hat' changes everyday, whilst keeping the main business objectives in mind.
• Investigates the economic conditions surrounding our small business activity such as industry trends and competition.
• Creatively seeks out new business opportunities
• Networks with other small businesspeople; establishes a support group.
• Attends workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
• Adopts a team approach; work with others in pursuing common goals.
• Develops a situation analysis of the company including its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to assist in the development of a strategic plan for the future of the business.
• Develops and presents professional presentations for internal management meetings.
• Negotiates with clients
• Follows potential leads
• Managers CRM database and sales pipeline. From September 2011 to February 2012 (6 months) Sydney, AustraliaAngel Investment Intern @ Attended to the creation and development of a range of Marketing, Social Media, Networking & Promotional Media documents and pipelines for Sydney Angels, Australia's largest Angel Investment, non-for profit community. From August 2011 to October 2011 (3 months) Branding Agent @ Worked closely with the team at Blueseed to create a logo for their visa-free offshore technology incubator. From 2011 to 2011 (less than a year) Australian International Design Awards Judging Assistant @ Nominated student representative to assist eight international and national judges.
- Organising and categorising products for judging as well as contributing to award criteria discussions. From 2011 to 2011 (less than a year) Sydney, AustraliaPublic Speaker @ The Municipal District of Aalborg is the third largest in Denmark with a population of over 190,000. Allborg Kommune works to preserve and enhance the distinctive character of the City and District, making it an outstanding place in which to live and work and to visit
Katherine's work for Aalborg Kommune consisted of indervidually traveling to 60 different danish schools, presenting 90 Minute presentations to students and teachers of all ages.
The interactive presentation was entirely created by Katheriene and included debates, music, food tastings, objects and visual media. Group capaity ranged from 10-45 people at a time. Her presentations were performed in both the English and Danish languages. From December 2008 to December 2010 (2 years 1 month) Junior Industrial Designer @ Vert Design is a Sydney based Industrial Design company owned and run by principal industrial designer Andrew Simpson. The company aims is to create simple and clever products that apply sustainable practices to produce functional, durable and long lasting designs.
Katherine diligently worked as part of the design team at Sydney based Industrial Design company, producing designs for both local and international clients;
• Using CAD software to develop product designs for clients.
• Designing and assisting with the marketing of clients products (including Sony Australia, Lamy Pens, Nestle pet care, Fosters)
• Use of adobe suite software to create professional presentations
• Professional photography and editing of products for competitions, magazines and websites.
• Correspondence with other design consultancies and manufacturing companies.
• Attending to administrative issues including responding to emails, interviews and blog-sites. From May 2008 to November 2009 (1 year 7 months) Sydney, AustraliaMechanical Engineering Work Placement, Internship. @ Qantas is widely regarded as the world's leading long distance airline and one of the strongest brands in Australia.
Katherine was sponsored by QANTAS under the UNSW CO-OP scholarship and completed a 10 week Industrial placement with the Power Plants and Mechanical Engineering QANTAS departments.
• Familiarising with QANTAS work systems
• writing reports in response to Federal documents
• Assisting in state-wide investigations
• Analysing aircraft motion and providing resourceful solutions to presented problems. From November 2007 to February 2008 (4 months) Sydney, AustraliaIT Service @ Provided face to face assistance to the staff and student community in regards to both computer and wireless network systems. From January 2007 to February 2008 (1 year 2 months)
Bachelor of Industrial Design, Product Design and Engineering, Marketing and Commerce, Technology and Science, Design Commnications, 1st Class Honors. @ University of New South Wales From 2007 to 2011 Bachelor (1 SEM) /Master (1 SEM) of Industrial Design, Product Service Systems, User Centered Design, Re-Design, Biomimicry @ Aalborg Universitet From 2010 to 2011 Food + Design, design methods, strategic design, meal psychology, sustainability, food science, meal history @ Food Collage Denmark From 2010 to 2010 Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Computing, Engineering Design, Mathematics, Physics @ UNSW Australia From 2006 to 2007 Katherine Pace is skilled in: Product Development, Start-ups, Management, Business Strategy, Strategy, User-centered Design, Design Thinking, Product Design, Industrial Design, Public Speaking, Negotiation, Visual Communication, Team Leadership, New Business Development, User Experience
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension