R&D HR Relationship Manager @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Greater New York City AreaChief Operating Officer @ People.Co is a New York based start-up aiming to revolutionize campus recruiting by analyzing big data to generate highly personalized candidate lists. Our fully faceted recruiting platform details nearly 25,000 of the top Computer Science and Engineering
R&D HR Relationship Manager @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Greater New York City AreaChief Operating Officer @ People.Co is a New York based start-up aiming to revolutionize campus recruiting by analyzing big data to generate highly personalized candidate lists. Our fully faceted recruiting platform details nearly 25,000 of the top Computer Science and Engineering graduate and undergraduate students across North America, and empowers recruiters to identify and reach out to candidates who fit their high standards. From October 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 6 months) Greater New York City AreaGroup Director of Communications @ Managed the internal and external communications function across five companies, eight countries, 26 global exchanges, and 1,200 employees. Collaborated directly with the CEO, Board of Directors, and senior business leaders to design and implement impactful brand messaging to facilitate organizational growth and change.
• Led re-branding campaign to divide The Hertshten Group into five distinct businesses; drove key organizational change strategies and developed strong corporate culture initiatives
• Designed and launched the Group intranet site - our key internal communications platform
• Responsible for all Group press releases, campus marketing materials, social media campaigns, website design and copy, on-line advertising across all business units in the USA, UK, China, India, Israel, Hungary, Kenya, Mauritius, and Romania
• Sourced and managed global team of agency designers, developers, creative consultants, and PR firms From July 2011 to July 2013 (2 years 1 month) Director of Human Resources & Recruiting, China @ Drove business growth in China through innovative sourcing, recruiting, retention, and development strategies. Partnered with Senior Management and key stakeholders to develop a talent driven business model.
• Increased hiring ROI by designing and implementing recruiting analytics and demographic studies of top-performers across all regions, and initiated retention-focused strategies to develop and encourage top performers
• Led a team that achieved 100% of high volume hiring goals; on-boarded approx. 80 futures traders per year; conducted 500-700 interviews per year; and increased campus scope by 300% to include second tier cities in China
• Built diversity focused recruiting platforms; increased hiring of women from 10% to 33% of total hires
• Lead Executive Search for all regional roles, including Managing Directors, Operations, IT, Finance, and Research
• Designed campus outreach materials and presentations for global campus recruiting teams
• Managed a team of recruiters, IT, and research analysts that marketed and developed Trade Mogul, an online simulated trading competition, to source talent and build brand awareness among university students
• Implemented annual benchmarking survey for compensation and benefits; and oversaw annual performance reviews
• Developed an onboarding and training program that has been implemented globally for new traders From March 2010 to July 2013 (3 years 5 months) Shanghai City, ChinaFounder, CEO @ A bespoke clothing start-up that partnered with career services offices at Ivy League Universities to consult students on how to dress and prepare for successful job interviews, and realized immediate profits through sales of affordable, fully customizable suits and outerwear.
• Hired, trained, and managed a team of ~ 25; sourced high quality materials, negotiated bulk purchasing, and created a rigorous quality control process; grew profits 300% annually; launched a sales and marketing web-platform; and expanded sales strategy to include invitation only trunk shows and fittings in New York and Boston From January 2005 to March 2010 (5 years 3 months) Franchise Marketing, General Manager-trainee @ Designed Bally Total Fitness’s China franchises marketing strategy; rotated through all departments to complete the General Manager training program (including personal training certification in Chinese) From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Beijing City, China
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), East Asian Studies @ Harvard University From 1999 to 2003 Fellow, Directing @ Beijing Film Academy From 2003 to 2004 Valedictorian @ H.B. Plant High School From 1995 to 1999 Kate Barney is skilled in: Investments, Economics, Finance, Business Strategy, Trading, Valuation, Financial Analysis, Strategic Planning, Business Development, Market Research, Organizational Development, Corporate Finance, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Communications, Strategic Communications
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension