Microsoft (Mi9 - a Microsoft and Nine Entertainment Co JV) @
Higher School Certificate @
St Andrews Cathedral School
I love being a Communications and Marketing professional because I get to tell stories all day long. I have 8+ years experience (B2C, B2B and Corporate Communications) spanning the Asia-Pacific region. My focus has been in the media and technology industries and I've had the privilege of working on some of the world’s best digital brands including
I love being a Communications and Marketing professional because I get to tell stories all day long. I have 8+ years experience (B2C, B2B and Corporate Communications) spanning the Asia-Pacific region. My focus has been in the media and technology industries and I've had the privilege of working on some of the world’s best digital brands including Skype, Xbox and DailyMail.com.
I currently get to communcate LinkedIn's story around building relationships between brands and the world's professionals, in turn making them both more successful.
My specialties are building strong brands and corporate reputation through social media, PR & media relations, content strategy and the ability to laugh under pressure.
Marketing Manager @ Leading marketing efforts for LinkedIn Marketing Solutions for Australia and New Zealand.
• Positioning, strategy and messaging of all marketing activity and communications in alignment with global and brand storylines, and wider organizational objectives
• Development of creative campaigns including content, social, digital, PR and media relations, events, partner and agency programs to be scaled throughout APAC
• Advising C-Suite executives on speaking engagements, media relations and social media best practices
• Management of Marcomms agency roster including Media Agency, PR Agency and Creative Agency
• Sitting on LinkedIn Australia Leadership Team
• Q1 2015 LinkedIn Global Marketing Award for 'Intelligent Risk'
• Q1 2015 LinkedIn Marketing Solutions APAC Award for 'Culture & Values Champion'
• H1 2015 LinkedIn Marketing Solutions Australia Award for 'Leverage'
• Launching LinkedIn Lead Accelerator to the Australian & New Zealand markets
• LinkedIn For Good 2015 Grant Winner - $10,000 awarded to AIME from my grant From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Sydney, AustraliaBrand Communications Manager @ Mi9 was a joint venture between Microsoft and Australia's largest entertainment company, Nine Entertainment Co.
Key responsibilities included:
• Copmmunications and marketing strategy for network brands including ninemsn, Daily Mail, Bing, Skype, Outlook, Xbox, Internet Explorer and 9jumpin
• Management of all aspects of brand including Digital, Social, PR, Search and Partnerships
• Mi9 2013 CEO Company Values ‘Humble’ Award
• Launch of DailyMail.com into AU market
• Creation of DailyMail.com brand architecture, positioning and tagline, now used globally
• Rebrand of Channel 9 Catch-up TV destination to 9jumpin
• ninemsn brand refresh including logo change and brand proposition
• Creation of Mi9 Social Media Policy and consolidations and reorganization of 15 brands over 4 social channels From February 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 8 months) Assistant Brand Communications Manager @ Key responsibilities included:
• Management of a portfolio of brands including ninemsn, Bing, Skype, Outlook, Xbox, Windows 8, Internet Explorer and 9jumpin
• Communications planning and execution across network brands including media relations, internal communications and events
• Sales enablement including using consumer insights and product messages to create compelling stories for media and advertisers
• Launched Skype, Outlook and Windows 8 as advertising platforms to the Australian advertising market
• Co-marketing consumer launch of Windows 8 in Australia From July 2012 to February 2013 (8 months) Account Executive @ Key responsibilities included:
• Strategic digital solutions for Group M and Zenith Optimedia agency patch
• Clients included Unilever, LG, Qantas, Lion, Kimberly Clark, Motorola, Kellogg’s, Jeep and Glaxo Smith Kline
• Group M Australian Online Media Representative of the Year, 2012 From August 2010 to July 2012 (2 years) Communications Consultant @ Freelance Communications consultant including time at:
- Weber Shandwick working on the Samsung account
- Porter Novelli on the Vodafone, 3 Mobile and Diageo accounts From September 2009 to July 2010 (11 months) Sydney, AustraliaBeauty and Health Editor, Who Magazine @ Who is one of Australia’s highest selling weekly and lifestyle magazines and is the sister publication to People.
•Write, produce and fact-check copy and content for five or more pages of the magazine for weekly publication
•Produce and write articles for who.com.au (part of Yahoo!7) on a weekly basis
•Set the strategy and direction of the WHO beauty, health and fitness pages
•Represent the WHO brand at an industry events, advertiser events and as a spokesperson in media
•Create innovative advertising opportunities to maximise revenue From April 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 6 months) Editorial & Features Coordinator, InStyle Magazine @ InStyle is a global brand and one of Australia’s top selling women’s fashion magazines. Time Inc Australia was acquired by Pacific Magazines while I was in the role.
• Write, produce and fact-check copy and content for 12 or more pages of the magazine for monthly publication
• Build relationships with PR teams to assist in providing content for stories
• Work with advertising team on client solutions and brand integration From March 2007 to April 2008 (1 year 2 months)
BA in Communication, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs @ University of Technology, Sydney From 2004 to 2006 Higher School Certificate @ St Andrews Cathedral School From 2000 to 2002 School Certificate @ MLC School From 1997 to 1999 Kasey McDonald is skilled in: Digital Marketing, Online Advertising, Digital Strategy, Integrated Marketing, Digital Media, Advertising, Marketing, Mobile Advertising, Online Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Media Planning, Content Strategy, Mobile Marketing, Internal Communications, Advertising Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension