Accomplished Agile and Lean Project Manager with wide ranging experience in Product Delivery and Operations Management. An expert in Lean Product Development and an experienced practitioner of the Lean Start-up methodology. Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management, working across multiple geographies and bringing in strategic solutions – from concept to cash. Proven track record of delivering initiatives
Accomplished Agile and Lean Project Manager with wide ranging experience in Product Delivery and Operations Management. An expert in Lean Product Development and an experienced practitioner of the Lean Start-up methodology. Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management, working across multiple geographies and bringing in strategic solutions – from concept to cash. Proven track record of delivering initiatives that improve business performance. Has progressed from an IT developer to a senior manager in a career spanning a rich variety of roles. First class honours degree holder in Computer Science Engineering.
• Exemplary people management and communication skills. Line Management experience
• Project Delivery and Ownership – from Inception to Implementation
• Product Development using the Lean Start-up Methodology
• Agile Coach – Product Owner and Scrum Master experience
• Managed external vendors and multiple off-shore teams
• International work culture experience. Widely travelled
• Identifying strategic business needs and keen attention to detail
• Technical background with a broad knowledge of software languages and tools
Senior Scrum Master and Agile Coach @ • Scrum Master: Worked with Managers and other Scrum Masters to encourage software engineers to become multi-skilled and enabled scrum teams that are more pure. Improved sprint ceremonies and enhanced Scrum & Kanban processes across the workplace. Constantly worked to empower the team
• Agile Coach: Through education, coaching and the ability to influence moved the organisation towards a more mature approach to agile development. Diplomatically and skilfully challenged the mind-sets of strong minded team members and managers to achieve behavioural change in the way the teams work and interact with each other
• Programme Delivery: Put in place roadmaps for delivery and planning. Identified risks and dependencies at an organisational level. Flagged significant risks and issues to senior management well in time and ensured that actions were in place to mitigate them From June 2015 to Present (5 months) London, United KingdomPersonal Vacation @ On a Round the World exploration holiday from January to May 2015. From January 2015 to May 2015 (5 months) Agile Project Manager and Lean Scrum Master @ • Project Delivery: Adapting project plans, schedules and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks
• Developing a highly lean, agile based SDLC for two project teams consisting of analysis, design, development and test resources in the implementation of Customer Business Systems
• Programme Management: Managing the agreed Project plans, Budgets and Schedules. Ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
• Agile Coach: Perfecting the Build-Measure-Learn feedback loop within my Product teams
• Keeping both the teams and stakeholders focused on the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Customer Driven Innovation and Data Driven Validation aspects of Product design
• Coaching/mentoring of existing managers and leads in the implementation of Agile and Lean Start-up methodologies From August 2014 to January 2015 (6 months) London, United KingdomAgile Project Manager and Scrum Master @ SIMS (School Information Management System) is a management information system used by more than 22,000 schools in 120 local authorities across the United Kingdom boasting around 80% of the market share – Wikipedia
• Project Delivery: When a third party supplier of software failed the company in delivering a critical component for the SIMS Summer 2014 release, I took the work into my team. Encouraged and motivated the team to deliver the functionality on top of their already full backlog and successfully delivered the package in time to make the release window
• Project Management: Took up management of two technically strong project teams made up of a mix of personalities and a track record of not having stable Project & Product Managers. Brought in stability by putting in place a vision for the team, set up milestones and established a delivery roadmap. Gave senior management confidence in product deliverables through regular showcases, reviews and status reports.
• Scrum Master: Brought in retrospective reviews of the Definition of Done for the team. In so doing, ensured that the measures of success were kept in line with the evolving product. Prevented scope creep by establishing strict control over the agile task board. From February 2014 to June 2014 (5 months) Bedford, United KingdomWork Sabbatical @ Took a sabbatical from work and travelled across Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia. While in New Zealand picked up a short contract as an Agile Coach and Scrum Master to deliver a proof of concept. From February 2012 to January 2014 (2 years) WorldwideAgile Scrum Master and Coach @ • Agile Coach: Established an Agile framework for the Mobile Wallet team at ANZ Bank, a traditionally non-Agile environment. Achieved buy-in from business on a new way of working.
• Scrum Master: Successfully completed a Proof of Concept on the Mobile Wallet project using an Agile methodology. Engaged external teams to deliver a solution which was then showcased to senior business stakeholders and was well received.
• Project Delivery: Worked with my technical team to improve agility, prioritise features, deliver quality results and keep to schedule and scope. From August 2013 to October 2013 (3 months) Auckland, New ZealandAgile Project Manager, Scrum Master, Agile Coach @ • Project Management: Achieved successful implementation of the Global Web Analytics project on the XpertHR and CCInform products. Site wide customer usage reporting now in place using the Adobe Omniture Site Catalyst suite of tools. Delivered a commercially successful multi-national product whilst deftly managing the expectations of all senior stakeholders
• Operations Management: Brought in tangible process improvements in the co-ordinating, scoping, estimation, resourcing and planning of tasks within Product Development. Successfully engaged business owners from various verticals – Management, Editorial, Sales and Marketing, in establishing a robust product delivery cycle
• Agile Coach: As the Agile Coach and Scrum Master for the technical product development team, I brought in game changing Agile techniques and practices into the workplace, resulting in strict quality control, accurate sprint planning and increased story point delivery From March 2011 to January 2012 (11 months) London, United KingdomProject Release Manager @ • Strategic Initiatives: Identified the need for Continuous Integration (CI) at Nokia Music R&D and managed the establishment of a CI framework using Agile. Achieving this initiative involved matrix managing functional teams, negotiating senior management buy-in, managing stakeholder expectations and driving innovation at the workplace. As a result, integration and testing of service builds are now automated and take place in minutes instead of hours
• Critical Incident Management: Successfully brought back R&D environments and project delivery applications after a massive infrastructure power meltdown by leading the infrastructure and application maintenance teams. Ensured zero slippage in the project release schedule and stability of the Pre-production and QA environments. Was the point of contact for senior management on the incident
• Operations Management: Introduced and organised daily Technical Programme Meetings (TPM) to discuss ongoing issues with the release with the stakeholders. As opposed to the morning Scrum-of-Scrums stand-up, this meeting addressed a broader canvas and included Service delivery, Infrastructure changes as well as release level requirements changes From April 2009 to March 2011 (2 years) Bristol, United KingdomEnvironment and Implementation Manager @ From October 2006 to March 2009 (2 years 6 months) Bristol, United KingdomDevelopment Team Lead @ From April 2006 to October 2006 (7 months) Ipswich, United KingdomProject Analyst @ From December 2005 to April 2006 (5 months) Bristol, United KingdomC++ Programmer @ From January 2005 to December 2005 (1 year) Chennai Area, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering @ Annamalai University From 2000 to 2004 High School/College, Computer Science @ Kendriya Vidyalaya From 1988 to 2000 Karthik Nagesan is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Project Delivery, Agile Project Management, Integration, Testing, Process Improvement, User Acceptance Testing, Release Management, SQL, SDLC, Strategy, Agile, Stakeholder Management, Quality Assurance, Software Project..., Requirements Analysis, Program Management, Databases, Team Leadership, Project Planning, Business Analysis, Kanban, Software Development, Consultancy, Lean Software...