While I am still early in my career, I know what motivates me is finding the balance between my passions for environmentalism and social media tools. I've been able to integrate both in previous work experiences, first as a Data Research Assistant while finishing up my Environmental Studies degree at the University of Toronto, and then as
While I am still early in my career, I know what motivates me is finding the balance between my passions for environmentalism and social media tools. I've been able to integrate both in previous work experiences, first as a Data Research Assistant while finishing up my Environmental Studies degree at the University of Toronto, and then as the Social Media Coordinator for Clean Air Partnership.
I'm curious by nature. I always ask a lot of questions and often have my nose buried in a newspaper, blog, or Twitter feeds. I'm always the first person to say "Let's Google it." My curiosity has led me to becoming a social media specialist and an environmental professional.
Until recently, I led the social media platforms for Clean Air Partnership, a environmental charity that works in collaborating with other organizations and local municipalities in and around the Greater Toronto Area. In this role, I focused on developing their social media platforms and increasing their social media presence. Successes included creating a comprehensive, curated social media and collaborated with agencies like the Toronto Centre for Active Transportation to actively collaborate and promote their alternative transportation "It's Your Move" campaign.
Colleagues know me as a highly creative social media specialist who can be trusted to develop creative solutions to problems. I spend a lot of time improving my skills and understanding the marketing and social media industry, and knowing my audience target before suggesting ideas. I work well alone, but I'm at my best collaborating with others.
I recently graduated with a B.A. (Hons) from the University of Toronto.
While I am a proud Toronto native, I'm currently living in London, England with a work visa, taking online courses to further strengthen my skills while I pursue new opportunities and can be reached either through my email: [email protected] or by phone: +44 078 3108 4700.
Social Media Coordinator @ • Integrated WordPress and Twitter social media platforms to raise awareness regarding clean air projects in the GTA and Hamilton
• Managed and created content reflective of Clean Air Partnership’s mission statement and values via WordPress and Twitter
• Collaborated with other non-profit organizations such as the Toronto Centre for Active Transportation (TCAT) and Toronto Atmospheric Fund (TAF) to facilitate the exchange of ideas to further promote clean air and climate change initiatives
• Professionally interacted with the general public and other organizations to create discussion platforms through the use of social media
• Created content to increase social networks and traffic to Clean Air Partnership’s website and blog by understanding current environmental and social media trends From May 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 8 months) Toronto, Canada AreaData Research Assistant @ • Assisted Professor Abizaid in the data provided via surveys and interviews done by local research teams in the Peruvian Amazon
• Organized research data to create socio-economic maps of local region using Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
• Provided support to Professor Abizaid’s research grant proposal by creating an annotated bibliography examining the long term and short term benefits and causes of climate change in the Peruvian Amazon
• Utilized a variety of research tools at the university such as scholar portal and library directories to ensure research and findings were comprehensive and critically analyzed
• Active communication between Professor Abizaid and I ensured that deadlines were met and job performance was optimally reached From October 2013 to April 2014 (7 months) Toronto, Canada AreaBarista @ • Multitasked various orders and job positions while upholding an encouraging work environment
• Adept at keeping track of daily customer preferences and offering customized cups of warm and cold coffee as per taste
• Interacted with consumers on a daily basis to ensure the best customer service possible
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain professional relationships with clients and associates
• Give samples of popular coffee blends with a view to creating sales opportunities From January 2009 to May 2013 (4 years 5 months) Custodial Services @ • Worked with colleagues to provide a clean and sterile environment for students living in the dorms
• Performed cleaning duties for bathrooms, lounges, offices and reception areas.
• Used vacuums and other motorized equipment in executing cleaning tasks.
• Cleaned and prepared a new dorm over winter and spring breaks with very minimal supervision
• Health and Safety sense of right and wrong and vigorously involved in maintaining a safe work environment From September 2008 to March 2009 (7 months) Grade 3 Teacher @ • Developed and implemented a educational curriculum for the 3rd Grade class environment
• Kept an organized daily lesson plan of class objectives and class work catered to their needs and learning abilities
• Worked with other teachers and administration to provide highest quality education available
• Held Parent-Teacher conferences to ensure the success of each individual student From July 2006 to June 2007 (1 year) Marshall Islands
Honours Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Environmental Studies @ University of Toronto From 2010 to 2014 Sociology @ Walla Walla College From 2008 to 2009 College Diploma, Automotive Engineering Technology/Technician @ Centennial College From 2004 to 2006 Northview Karl Tablante is skilled in: Social Media, Customer Service, PowerPoint, Research, Microsoft Word, Teamwork, Sustainability, English, Blogging, Time Management, Environmental Awareness, Community Outreach, Social Networking, Microsoft Office, Ecology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension