Director, Investment Analyst @ Keywise Capital Management
China Industry Specialist @ Capital Group | American Funds
Sales Analyst @ SunEdison/MEMC
Passionate, analytical and hard-working, Karen is a young Chinese professional working in one of the world's largest investment companies. She is covering China's fast-changing automotive industry by conducting on-the-ground research and performing quantitative analysis of auto companies. She also works with global energy analysts to forecast China's gas/LNG demand. Prior to her investment career, Karen worked in
Passionate, analytical and hard-working, Karen is a young Chinese professional working in one of the world's largest investment companies. She is covering China's fast-changing automotive industry by conducting on-the-ground research and performing quantitative analysis of auto companies. She also works with global energy analysts to forecast China's gas/LNG demand. Prior to her investment career, Karen worked in a global leading solar company in San Francisco. Karen graduated from UC Berkeley with a Master's Degree of Public Policy and had previously worked as a consultant at the world's top policy institutes, including the World Bank, the United Nations and etc.
Specialties: Financial modeling;Equity research analysis; China's automotive policies; Industry demand forecasting; Native speaker of Mandarin, fluent in English, basic in French.
China Industry Specialist @ - Conduct auto industry research to generate and evaluate investment ideas.
- Perform analysis of the automotive industry's inventory/discount level, capacity/utilization and demand growth in China.
- Forecast industry trends. From February 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Beijing City, ChinaSales Analyst @ - Shepherded projects (total of $20 million) from initial design stage to contract negotiation, execution & final term out.
- Designed and constructed financial models (unlevered and levered sale, sale leaseback & partnership flip). From June 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 7 months) Belmont, CAConsultant @ - Conducted research for LBNL's China Energy Group to evaluate the performance of Three-Star certified green buildings in China.
- Proposed policy recommendations to increase transparency, create monitoring process, in order to enhance effectiveness of China's Three-Star Green Building rating system. From February 2011 to May 2011 (4 months) Berkeley, CAConsultant @ - Developed an analytical framework to compare the infrastructure between poor, middle-income and high-income countries; conducted regression analysis to analyze infrastructure development of 100 countries in different regions. From December 2010 to May 2011 (6 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaGraduate Student Researcher @ - Analyzed Statewide Pricing Pilot Program (SPP) data and created a sample of 331 residents with time-of-use electricity consumption in preparation for rate structure design to improve economic efficiency by at least 20%.
- Researched state-level net-metering policy in the U.S to understand the obstacles of commercializing electric vehicles. From August 2010 to May 2011 (10 months) Berkeley, CAConsultant @ - Researched China’s Green Economy policies, studied and drafted Success Stories of China’s wind power generation, Nepal’s forest management, Thailand’s waste management and India’s water conservation. Stories are now published on UNEP’s website. From May 2010 to August 2010 (4 months) Editor in Chief @ - Led a team of over 20 journalists to write, edit and publish 3 journals of Peking Globalist - a chapter of the premier student-run international magazine Global21. From February 2007 to August 2009 (2 years 7 months) Summer Intern @ - Evaluated 2008 performance of major Chinese insurance corporations; Delivered weekly report of Chinese bond market; contributed to comprehensive report of 2008 China market initiatives to BNYM headquarter in New York. From July 2008 to September 2008 (3 months) Beijing City, ChinaIntern @ - Initiated long-term international internship program between Future of Flight Aviation Center (affiliated with Boeing Company) and Peking University.
- The program has offered exchange scholarships to more than 20 Chinese interns from Peking University over the past few years. From July 2007 to August 2007 (2 months) Greater Seattle Area
MPP, Public Policy @ University of California, Berkeley From 2009 to 2011 B.A, Economics @ Peking University From 2006 to 2009 B.A, Chinese Literature @ Peking University From 2005 to 2009 Karen Zhang is skilled in: Data Analysis, Economics, Analysis, Solar Energy, Policy Analysis, Energy Policy, Energy, Research, Public Policy, Renewable Energy, Leadership, Financial Modeling, Management, Project Management, Solar, Market Analysis, Chinese, Policy, Program Management, Statistics, Mandarin, Stata, Energy Analysis, Excel, Salesforce.com, Business Analysis, Qualitative Research, Sustainability, Automotive, Equity Research Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension