Chartered Psychologist C.Psychol, Organisational Psychology @
British Psychological Society
After a successful International Management Consulting career, I established my own strategy and transformation consulting practice 'Peritia Partners' in 2011. I provide management consulting services to the largest companies, Accenture, Microsoft, Visa, EY (formerly Ernst & Young) and a major Utility provider. In the last 5 years I have driven corporate, brand, market and customer strategy, developed
After a successful International Management Consulting career, I established my own strategy and transformation consulting practice 'Peritia Partners' in 2011. I provide management consulting services to the largest companies, Accenture, Microsoft, Visa, EY (formerly Ernst & Young) and a major Utility provider. In the last 5 years I have driven corporate, brand, market and customer strategy, developed and implemented new operating models and have led complex transformation programmes.
I am passionate about entrepreneurship and take on Non Executive Director roles alongside Angel investing in early stage technology companies in advanced data analytics, digital and emerging technologies. Companies include Behavior Labs/Curb, Apptual, Massive Analytic, Penteract 28, Clear Returns, Hub Dot and Earthmiles. My focus is on go to market strategy, early stage financing and user experience/adoption.
I am currently based in London and Barcelona, but work internationally in Global roles and love to travel. I have lived and worked in Europe, Middle East, US and Latin America.
I have extensive C-level international experience and a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing corporate strategy to grow equity value. I have successfully built businesses, expanded into new markets and delivered measurable results for organisations facing competitive market challenges. Often charged with aligning technology development and strategy to anticipate, shape and lead major market transitions, I have driven strategic partnerships; developed acquisitions; integrated innovative business models; incubated new technologies,cultivated world-class talent. and undertaken complex transformation programmes. I have developed and extended businesses in emerging market regions, developed new operating models and have driven significant P&Ls.
I am an accredited Chartered Organisational Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Company Director @ We help our clients make sustainable changes to improve their business performance and realise their most important ambitions and goals, helping them create a personal and professional legacy they can feel proud of.
Often our clients have an issue or challenge they would like help with in order to improve performance, whilst facing one or more strategic imperative: revenue and profit enhancement, cost reduction, externally imposed mandatory change and/or service level improvements.
We serve our clients at every level of their organisation; bringing our expertise in whatever capacity we can add most value, whether as a trusted partner, as a hands-on coach or detailed implementer.
Our clients love to work with us and we have worked with some of the biggest Global brands, alongside working with some smaller players with big aspirations. Clients include Accenture, Microsoft, Visa, EY (formerly Ernst & Young) and a large Utility company. From February 2011 to Present (4 years 11 months) London, United KingdomStrategy & Innovation Leader (External Consultant) @ Setting the strategic direction, providing thought leadership and analysis/insight into future energy markets and embedding a culture of innovation. Establishing a new model for the system operator. From November 2015 to Present (2 months) London, United KingdomAdvisor/Investor @ This concept at Earthmiles is similar to air miles but instead of getting free trips to exotic places, your commitment to a healthy lifestyle gains you exclusive shopping discounts at wellness, nutrition and fitness companies. The app can be linked with Strava, RunKeeper, MapMyFitness, Fitbit, Moves or Jawbone Up to start building up rewards. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) London, United KingdomAdvisor/Consultant @ Supporting a cyber security company on their strategy and go to market model. From August 2015 to October 2015 (3 months) London, United KingdomGlobal Advisory Strategy and Target Operating Model (External Consultant) @ EMEIA Advisory Strategy and Target Operating Model Design. From March 2015 to July 2015 (5 months) London, United KingdomExecutive Global Leader Strategy, Planning & ROI (External Consultant) @ Working in a consulting capacity with EY to establish a new Global strategy and insight function to support growth across 170 geographic markets, industries, service lines and accounts. Key successes include:
Developing a global FY15 strategy
Starting development of a brand strategy based on customer and market insights
Implementing a commercial framework to measure ROI
Linking priorities and investment opportunities From November 2013 to February 2015 (1 year 4 months) Non Executive Board Director, Investor @ Massive Analytic (MA) an R&D driven company which offers globally scalable business analytics, hyper-fast big data and data movement and access hardware and software solutions for corporate customers, across sectors, that want to manage and derive unique insights from their big data.
Four patents have been granted to date to protect MA's unique intellectual property.
Non Executive Director with remit to support Strategy, Marketing and Business Development. In addition, provide ad hoc consultancy support to company financing – Corporate Financial Advisor engagement and investor value proposition. Advise on go-to-market strategy to support product launches and user adoption. Guidance and ‘hands-on’ support on company Sales and Marketing strategy. From December 2012 to November 2014 (2 years) Non Executive Director, Investor @ Curb is a mobile application with digital interventions to overcome cravings, based on extensive psychological research.
Working with a fantastic team - role is to advise and guide the business on strategy, financing and business development. From November 2013 to May 2014 (7 months) London, United KingdomNon Executive Board Member, Investor @ Apptual.com helps organizations; Corporate, Education and Government to create value by creating disruptive innovation ecosystems. We have built and are continuing to evolve an Enterprise SaaS Collaborative Innovation platform, using data and social collaboration to enable organisations to manage their innovation accelerator programs, incubators and networks. At the heart of the solution is changing and reinforcing the smart behavior of individuals, teams and organisations.
Non Executive Director with remit to:
• Support financing rounds
• Develop and implement strategic partnership model
• Outline customer adoption model to support long term behavior change
• Develop go to market strategy
• Support and guide business strategy and governance, in support of the Executive Team From October 2013 to May 2014 (8 months) London, United KingdomGlobal Strategy, Sales & Account Development (External Consultant) @ • Built acquisition strategy for Europe, Africa & Latin America.
• Identified and expanded into new markets and segments from business case development to set up in new market.
• Developed and implemented customer account strategy globally to achieve double-digit growth and optimise profitability. Coached leadership through implementation.
• Drove business strategy and planning process to set out three year plan for growth. From August 2011 to February 2013 (1 year 7 months) Senior Vice President, Strategy & Transformation (External Consultant) @ • Developed mobile and contactless banking strategy and transformation approach including inorganic growth options.
• Led a significant portfolio of programmes.
•Developed a set of business priorities aligned to corporate objectives. Established mechanism for portfolio planning to ensure prioritisation of opportunities. From February 2011 to August 2011 (7 months) Executive, Strategy & Market Leader @ • Defined and implemented new business growth strategies to drive hyper growth including M&A.
• Led business strategy; analysed market and competition, drove strategic planning process.
• Developed and implemented geographic expansion strategy – expanded to 14 new markets.
• Led 520m$ P&L for top customer accounts driving sales and growth, pipeline management and account leader development.
• Developed smarter planet marketing campaign – rolled out globally to support solution selling. From October 2008 to February 2011 (2 years 5 months) Executive, Strategy and Transformation @ • Business development, strategy and transformation lead for multiple client engagements spanning consulting, systems integration and business process outsourcing.
• Exceeded yearly utilisation/signings targets (5m$). From January 2006 to October 2008 (2 years 10 months) Executive, Strategy & Transformation @ • Defined and implemented new business growth strategies to drive growth including M&A
• Led business planning for approx. 3.5b$ business, including market and competitor analysis.
• Established growth markets business - created target operating model and business design and supported implementation.
• Created a 2.5b$ account focus for growth programme to develop top accounts. From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Business Development Strategy & Transformation Executive @ • Business development for Mid Market Sector – achieved sales and delivery target.
• Business strategy and transformation design lead for multiple client engagements. From January 2003 to December 2005 (3 years) Various positions from Consultant to Senior Director @ Held various external strategy and transformation consulting roles. From July 1997 to January 2003 (5 years 7 months)
Associate Fellowship - AFBPS, Organisational Psychology @ British Psychological Society From 2001 to 2004 Chartered Psychologist C.Psychol, Organisational Psychology @ British Psychological Society From 1999 to 2001 MSc, Organisational Psychology @ BPS Acredited From 1998 to 1999 BSc, Psychology @ BPS Accredited From 1994 to 1997 Karen Thomas-Bland is skilled in: Business Strategy, Start-ups, Strategic Planning, Leadership, Business Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions, Board Consulting, Marketing Strategy, Big Data, Account Management, Strategic Business Planning, P&L Management, Business Development and Sales Strategy, Customer Segmentation, Account Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension