Executive Director, Operations & Technology Business Operations @ Verizon Business
MBA, 1989, Finance & Investments @
The George Washington University
High Energy Customer Focused Executive with broad-based experience developing and implementing innovative strategies and solutions to transform enterprise performance and achieve aggressive business goals. Accomplished in leading change, inspiring and empowering global organiztions to deliver value and performance excellence to achieve strategic goals and organizational objectives. Passionate about partnering and collaborating with multiple diverse stakeholders to achieve
High Energy Customer Focused Executive with broad-based experience developing and implementing innovative strategies and solutions to transform enterprise performance and achieve aggressive business goals. Accomplished in leading change, inspiring and empowering global organiztions to deliver value and performance excellence to achieve strategic goals and organizational objectives. Passionate about partnering and collaborating with multiple diverse stakeholders to achieve exceptional results.
Vice President @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Board of Directors @ * Nonprofit Teaching over 2,000 students the Art of Playwriting
* Chaired Development Committee FY12 to present & Board Secretary FY13 to present. From July 2011 to March 2015 (3 years 9 months) Executive Director, Operations & Technology Business Operations @ Finance and Business Operations Executive for President of Verizon Business’s Global Technology and Service Division. Managed staff of 50 professionals. Developed strategies, programs and actionable metrics to transform business performance, enable revenue growth and reduce costs. Trusted partner and influential advisor to leadership team.
• Developed Global Network & Customer Service strategic plans and programs in conjunction with leadership team. Cultivated enterprise-wide C-level relationships and collaborated on cross functional initiatives. Increased customer loyalty and engagement with significant improvements in the overall customer experience. Enabled global expansion and innovative technology solutions in support of Marketing’s product and service road map. Contributed to 20%+ revenue growth and improved profitability of Professional Services.
• Managed $4.6B plan for division of 16k employees. Translated business goals and operations strategies into annual budgets, forecasts and KPI’s. Performed detailed analysis to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities with a forward looking eye to changing business needs. Implemented business intelligence & performance management tools to improve decision support capability and provide actionable insights to maximize business performance. Improved sales order management capability, increased productivity and accelerated revenue realization. Consistently me aggressive targets & ensured delivery of key initiatives.
• Jointly led cross functional global teams in key strategic transformation initiatives to improve customer experience and cost structure through automation, process optimization, organizational consolidation, outsourcing and customer enablement. Improved on-time delivery 20% and reduced costs +20%.
• Directed development of engaging customized presentations on network and service strategies and business solutions for global private and public sector customers and industry analysts. From 2006 to 2009 (3 years) VP, Operations & Technology Finance @ Managed $4.1B plan for division of 16k employees in global operations, network management, engineering, managed services, service delivery and program management. Served as Program Manager for Verizon-MCI Operations & Technology merger task force. Contributed to winning new global accounts and improved profitability.
• Contributed to global account revenue growth. Supported the successful bid and implementation of one of company’s largest government contract wins, the first major global outsourcing award and multiple large customer deals.
• Served as key finance lead during company bankruptcy on financial restatements, Property Accounting external audits, and successful plan of reorganization. Included > $1B in real estate, human resource and cost savings. Directed activity based costing and product line profitability analysis to identify and implement margin improvement initiatives.
• As Program Manager of Verizon-MCI Network and Service merger task force, developed and implemented new post-merger organizational structure and led formulation, implementation and governance of engineering, service, sourcing and facility synergy initiatives. From 2002 to 2006 (4 years) Director, IT Expense & Capital Planning @ Managed $0.8B IT capital plan and $1.4B operating plan. Reviewed and recommended capital investments to CIO and Corporate Finance and partnered with PMO and key stakeholders to prioritize capital investments. Drove accountability for implementing governance model for $0.5B annual mainframe/midrange outsourcing agreement to ensure delivery of savings and performance improvements. Served as executive sponsor for division in major SAP companywide implementation. From 1998 to 2001 (3 years) Sr. Financial Analyst/ Manager/Sr. Manager/Director @ Held various finace positions with increased scope of responsibility.
* Director, Expense Accounting & Planning, (1997-1998)
Received Award for Excellence in Performance for outstanding finance support and results focused management of $1.5B operating plan for 3 divisional President’s
* Senior Manager, Departmental Accounting & Joint Venture Finance, (1994-1996)
Formed new organization, managed departmental accounting & reporting, developed and implemented company-wide segment and product cost allocations. Gained consensus across multiple diverse constituents. Managed global joint venture service support agreements including rate development, billing and accounting. Served on MCI/BT joint venture task force to develop tactical and strategic recommendations to improve profitability and stimulate growth.
* Manager, Access & Lease Cost Management Accounting, (1990-1994)
Received Excellence In Service Award for consolidating 7 divisional accounting departments and delivered $15M in expense savings and improved internal controls. Achieved $33M in cost savings in leased facility agreement. Four promotions within 4 years.
* Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate Planning & Budgets, (1989- 1990) From 1989 to 1998 (9 years) Supervisor, Financial Analysts of State Operations Division @ Supervised monthly close, budgeting, lease vs. purchase analysis, proforma analysis and pricing of new business. From 1985 to 1988 (3 years)
BBA, 1985, Finance @ The George Washington University From 1981 to 1985 MBA, 1989, Finance & Investments @ The George Washington University Karen Kok is skilled in: Program Management, Management, Finance, Strategic Planning, Telecommunications, Business Development, Managed Services, Mergers & Acquisitions, Project Planning, Executive Management, Vendor Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Business Process Improvement, Strategy, Professional Services
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension