Dynamic Human Resources Professional with over ten years Talent Acquisition leadership experience in both Executive Search as well as large, fast-paced corporate Human Resources environments. Strategic and tactical leader known as a change agent who has been recognized progressively throughout career, has fostered the development of other associates, and has championed the company's continued advancements in Human
Dynamic Human Resources Professional with over ten years Talent Acquisition leadership experience in both Executive Search as well as large, fast-paced corporate Human Resources environments. Strategic and tactical leader known as a change agent who has been recognized progressively throughout career, has fostered the development of other associates, and has championed the company's continued advancements in Human Resources and Recruitment strategies.
Vice President of Talent Acquisition @ Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P 100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE: SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. Our portfolio includes assets of national and international renown - proven assets that are the preferred location for retailers. Simon is also known for our strong balance sheet, a long-tenured and well-respected senior management team, and our innovative spirit, as reflected in a 50 + year history of successful retail real estate development, management & leasing.
As Vice President of Talent Acquisition and part of the Simon HR Leadership Team, I am responsible for providing vision, leadership and development to the Talent Acquisition team and for directing best practice tools, processes, and measurements for the function. In this role, I am continuously evaluating and refining our recruiting practices to ensure consistency and legal compliance as well as an optimal experience for candidates and hiring leaders. In addition to leading the team's recruiting efforts, I work closely with executive leadership to identify, source and hire top talent for critical initiatives and key positions within the business.
Employment at Simon is considered the pinnacle of a career by real estate professionals. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, we employ approximately 5,500 people across the United States. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where innovation and results are rewarded, we invite you to consider Simon as a career destination. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Director of Talent Acquisition @ I joined Simon Property Group to build the Talent Acquisition function for the company. As the Head of Talent Acquisition, I was responsible for developing the strategies, processes, and programs across the recruitment life cycle to support the home office and field organizations.
- Hired the company's first Talent Acquisition team and developed the strategies and processes to support the organization's recruitment needs.
- Successfully lead the configuration and implementation of Simon's first ATS (Taleo) while reinventing the company's career site to create a more user friendly experience for candidates.
- Drove the design and implementation of a comprehensive employment branding strategy to market Simon and attract the highest quality talent: Discover Your Potential. Discover Simon.
- Launched the company's first overall social media recruitment strategy
- Developed the vision and directed the creation of Simon's first Career Video. From June 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Indianapolis, Indiana AreaManager of Talent Acquisition @ Managed a team of recruiters in the full life cycle recruitment process to attract top talent to Chico's FAS, Inc. Areas of recruitment responsibility included: Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Marketing, Compliance, Store Operations, Store Design & Construction, E-Commerce, Merchandising, and Planning and Allocation for three brands: Chico's, White House | Black Market, and Soma Intimates. Oversaw the hiring process for all temporary associates and contractors. Led strategic projects and recruitment operational functions including Employment Branding and the development of a new career website, implementation of a new Applicant Tracking System, Competency Based Interviewing, the Associate Referral Program, Immigration procedures, and the Predictive Index hiring process. Consistently recognized for the creation of best practices for the recruitment team. From October 2005 to June 2012 (6 years 9 months) Ft. Myers, FloridaRecruiting Team Lead @ Led a team of Recruiters responsible for exempt and non-exempt level hiring across all lines of business for the Florida affiliate: Commercial Banking, Private Banking, Retail Banking, and Mortgage Lending. Personally responsible for management and officer level recruiting for the affiliate. Promoted to Banking Officer and nominated to the Florida Leadership Committee by the CEO of the bank. From March 2003 to October 2005 (2 years 8 months) Practice Lead - Consulting Services Practice @ Built a Consulting Services Practice from the ground up. Established top tier clients in the Technology Consulting Services industry and successfully recruited for management and executive level positions. From May 2000 to March 2003 (2 years 11 months)
Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology @ The Ohio State University From 1994 to 1999 Bachelor of Arts, Psychology @ Miami University From 1989 to 1993 Karen Kahle is skilled in: Employer Branding, Executive Search, Technical Recruiting, Retail, Competency Based..., Recruiting, Building Relationships, Negotiation, Fashion, Process Improvement, Applicant Tracking..., Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Hiring, Leadership, Management, Marketing, Workforce Planning, Performance Management, Leadership Development, Onboarding, Talent Management, Program Management, Strategy, College Recruiting, Employee Training, Sourcing, Succession Planning, Networking, Employee Engagement, Temporary Staffing, Employee Relations, Training, HR Policies, Employee Benefits, Interviews, Consulting, Temporary Placement, Personnel Management, Internet Recruiting, New Hire Orientations, Resume Writing, Organizational..., Time Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension