Chief Giving Officer (aka The Kid Behind the Cause) @ I am the Chief Giving Officer at Yoobi, an awesome school supply company that gives back to classrooms in need. I oversee our buy one, give one program, developing our strategic partnerships in order to ensure that our donated school supplies make their way to the kids
Chief Giving Officer (aka The Kid Behind the Cause) @ I am the Chief Giving Officer at Yoobi, an awesome school supply company that gives back to classrooms in need. I oversee our buy one, give one program, developing our strategic partnerships in order to ensure that our donated school supplies make their way to the kids that need them most, right here in the US.
I also work to ensure that our give is the defining characteristic of Yoobi's culture —whether it’s product packaging, design, marketing or operations, we’re always thinking about how our actions and decisions will impact our ability to give.
Additionally, I develop programs that give everyone at Yoobi, regardless of their role in the company, the tools to understand how we give, who we give to, why we give, as well as opportunities to participate in giving events.
Finally, I work with Yoobi retail to develop close relationships with local school districts and maximize back to school engagement. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Attorney @ Corporate Associate - Project Finance and Renewable Energy.
Practice focused on project finance and development with a particular emphasis on the renewable energy sector. Represented developers, manufacturers and financial institutions across a range of project development & finance documents including credit facilities, wind turbine and solar panel supply agreements, power purchase agreements, and related corporate documents. Deal experience includes work on utility-scale, commercial-scale and distributed generation facilities across the US, consisting of hundreds of megawatts of new solar and wind energy placement and over $1 billion in deployed capital. Regularly participated in negotiations and due diligence while developing and fostering client relationships. From July 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 2 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaAttorney @ Corporate Associate - Project Finance.
Working in both the NY and Hong Kong offices, my practice involved a variety of corporate transactions, with a concentration on traditional and alternative energy sector financing. My duties and responsibilities included:
• Negotiate and execute a variety of project and asset based financings, including cross-border transactions, energy asset acquisitions, restructurings and other commercial agreements.
• Aid in the drafting of a range of corporate and project documents including credit facilities, merger agreements, term sheets, confidentiality agreements, organizational and operational documents, as well as a variety of Regulation S/144A related documentation.
• While seconded with private equity fund TCW’s Energy and Infrastructure Group, I reviewed aspects of potential litigation claims, and assisted in drafting internal and external corporate documents, while gaining invaluable insight into the internal practices of a leading private equity investment fund.
• Prepare ’33 Act and ’34 Act filings for public company clients.
• Perform due diligence for joint ventures, IPOs, acquisitions, and on numerous financing arrangements including project financings, term loans, bridge loans, revolver loans, ABL facilities, etc. From September 2008 to March 2011 (2 years 7 months) Summer Intern - Investment Dept. @ Aided in the acquisition and sale of commercial properties in China for investment and redevelopment. Researched changing property laws and advised clients accordingly. Helped edit and standardize legal documentation for departmental use. Managed legal, financial and structural due diligence on large-scale foreign land acquisitions. Had the opportunity to meet, work with and learn from industry leaders both on the investor and developer sides. From June 2006 to August 2006 (3 months) Legal Intern @ Afghanistan Transitional Commercial Law Project. Conducting research and reviewing comparative international trade laws – specifically anti-dumping legislation for implementation in the Afghan “Transitional Code of Commerce” to be presented for adoption by decree. From January 2006 to June 2006 (6 months) Spokesman @ Traveled throughout the United States, speaking before a wide range of audiences on a host of topics relating to Israel and the Middle East. Developed strong advocacy and presentation skills in a fast paced, high-pressure environment. From May 2004 to December 2004 (8 months) Business Development Manager @ Developed SixEye, Ltd. sales strategies for the North American market. Successfully elevated company sales to record levels and went on to help establish digital media joint ventures in both Germany and Israel. Eventually started my own media technology company – RV Ltd. At RV, I patented proprietary technologies and established a manufacturing facility in ShenZhen, China, for the manufacture of point-of-purchase media displays. Created and supervised global distribution and sales networks. Responsible for continued product development, sales and marketing to countries worldwide. From May 2001 to February 2004 (2 years 10 months) First Sergeant @ Paratrooper, 101st Airborne From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Assistant Producer/Translator @ Translated Chinese language newspapers for use in televised programming. Assisted in interviewing/production for US-based syndicate. From September 1996 to February 1997 (6 months)
J.D., Law @ Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University From 2005 to 2008 B.A., Political Economics and Chinese @ University of California, Berkeley From 1994 to 1998 Mandarin Language Studies @ Peking University From 1996 to 1997 Justin Wolff is skilled in: Corporate Law, Intellectual Property, Legal Writing, Legal Research, Due Diligence, Sword Fighting, Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Restructuring, Copyright Law, Cross-border Transactions, Project Finance, Litigation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension