With more than 5 years of experience in full-stack web application development, I have worked end-to-end on many different web software systems used my millions of people or multiple departments. I have a passion for building great things that solve real problems. Currently looking for a role in a startup where I can learn and grow while
With more than 5 years of experience in full-stack web application development, I have worked end-to-end on many different web software systems used my millions of people or multiple departments. I have a passion for building great things that solve real problems. Currently looking for a role in a startup where I can learn and grow while making an impact.
- Highly Available & Scalable Web Applications
- Object Oriented PHP
- Database Design (Relational, NoSQL)
- Web Services Design & Architecture
- HTML5, CSS3 & Responsive Web Design
- Website Best Practices (Performance, SEO)
- Server Infrastructure & Deployment
Co-Founder, Head of Engineering @ Chubbio is a food based social network to help you discover the best places to eat through your friends and family. We believe that the best experiences should be shared with those closest to you and built a platform to make it easier to do that.
As the sole engineer, built various systems such as:
- Social networking features, event driven pull-based activity streams, notifications, messaging, Facebook connect & open graph.
- Photo storage and rendering architecture.
- Semantic search surrounding restaurants, cuisines, food and geolocation.
- Fully responsive web application.
- CI via Jenkins into AWS Infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDS, Cloudfront, Route53). From April 2013 to October 2013 (7 months) Senior Software Engineer & Software Architect @ Shutterfly (NASDAQ: SFLY) is the leading manufacturer and digital retailer of quality personalized products and services.
Enterprise-wide (Tiny Prints & Shutterfly) architecture & design for services and applications. Provided mentorship for multiple teams.
Designed, developed and owned systems such as:
- MongoDB implementation and integration into the tech stack as well as ongoing oversight and maintenance.
- A robust A/B testing platform complete with data warehousing and analytics. It continues to accommodate multiple use cases across engineering, marketing, creative/business departments.
- Application-level MySQL sharding infrastructure with configurable sharding rules and semi-automated rebalancing. Migrated the A/B testing platform over to the sharded environment where it currently tracks multi-million interactions per day.
- A template-driven CMS platform. Currently used to manage and schedule site static and dynamic content without code pushes.
- R&D on a next-gen client side image rendering/composition platform in canvas. The working prototype was then ported to run in node.js as a service. The prototype also supported user-interaction, intended to become a client side personalization engine.
- R&D on a next-gen 3D renderer/personalization engine using WebGL. The working prototype rendered interact-able personalized 3D models. The models were rendered from industry-standard COLLADA files which were already being used within Shutterfly. From June 2010 to April 2013 (2 years 11 months) Software Engineer I & II @ Tiny Prints (acquired by Shutterfly in 2011) is a leading e-commerce retailer selling custom, premium stationery.
Grew into lead developer and mentor for the front end team of 10 engineers.
Designed, developed and owned systems such as:
- Cart & checkout e-commerce system and all associated front-facing and internal components which included payment processing, order management tools, reports.
- A robust rule-based e-commerce promotion engine with accompanying back-end management tools & reports. It supported use cases such as simple discounts, bundled discounts, tiered promotions, giveaways, stacking rules and single use/member-associated promotions.
- A new hybrid product catalog (category & search) system which represented the entire e-commerce storefront for multiple brands.The hybrid aspect turned into a fully fledged system to successfully target and optimize for long-tail keywords which became a significant part of SEO strategy.
- Visual merchandising and reporting management tools for the product catalog which was used by merchandising, creative, marketing/SEO and business departments to run the storefront. From July 2008 to June 2010 (2 years) Software Engineer Intern @ - Built a real-time phone usage statistics reporting system from CSV logs.
- Implemented and updated numerous business & employee reports.
- Created a customer-service performance dashboard to provide transparency in productivity.
- Rebuilt site search engine based on a MySQL full text product index.
- Built a USPS address interpretation API. From May 2007 to August 2007 (4 months) Software Quality Assurance Engineer @ - Game Tester for The Sims 2 on the Playstation 2 and Nintendo Gamecube.
- Black box and regression testing.
- Reported over 140 major defects and several hundred minor defects. From May 2006 to August 2006 (4 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension