Junior Expert @ Support the project "Improving Access to Reliable On-Grid Electricity Services for Households and Priority Public Institutions" which is based in Kigali, Rwanda. From December 2015 to Present (1 month) PHD Student @ Power grids are currently undergoing major changes: increase of renewable production, decentralization, electricity transport closer to its physical limits and appearance of
Junior Expert @ Support the project "Improving Access to Reliable On-Grid Electricity Services for Households and Priority Public Institutions" which is based in Kigali, Rwanda. From December 2015 to Present (1 month) PHD Student @ Power grids are currently undergoing major changes: increase of renewable production, decentralization, electricity transport closer to its physical limits and appearance of new technologies. These changes lead to two linked problems concerning the frequency dynamics. Firstly, they induce a deterioration of the grid inertia leading to quicker changes in case of large power deviations. Secondly, power reserves, and especially frequency control reserves, are more difficult to be contracted. Indeed, traditionally, these reserves are provided by gas and hydro power plants and consequently, the increase of renewables reduce the possibility of reserve provision.
The project research aims to study original solutions and their integration in the power grid operation:
- Synthetic inertia provided by wind turbines
- Nonlinear frequency control reserves
- Demand-side management
- HVDC control to exchange power reserves between two synchronous areas
The research is based on the integration of the swing equation applied to power systems in order to determine optimal combinations of the aforementioned original solutions for a given frequency behavior (maximal frequency deviation, steady-state frequency deviation). A special attention is made to the UCTE grid (Union for the Coordination of the Transmission of Electricity). From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Internal Consultant Corporate Affairs @ Taking part of various projects within Elia :
- Support the implementation of the new validation for the measurements of electrical consumption.
- Gather, consolidate and centralize information from the service centers.
- Analyze and propose solutions for historical discussion on specific cases between the DSOs and Elia.
- Follow and support the implementation of the new access tariffs for the DSOs.
- Study and align various databases and clairify the process between these databases
- Help the realization of the new car Policy From April 2012 to November 2013 (1 year 8 months) Brussels Area, Belgium
Certificat en éthique économique et sociale (Chaire Hoover) @ Université catholique de Louvain From 2014 to 2015 Infocycle CTB From 2013 to 2013 Electro-mechanical engineering, Energy @ Université catholique de Louvain From 2006 to 2011 Exchange program, Engineering @ Oklahoma State University From 2010 to 2010 Institut Notre-Dame de Fleurus Julien Jomaux is skilled in: Power Systems, Energy Technology, Project Management, Data Quality, VBA, Informatics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension