IN SHORT: I’m a Philadelphian who tolerates a little lutefisk, and enjoys a long weekend at the cabin……..so yea, I’m pretty much a Minnesotan now. According to others I’m a charismatic driver who gravitates to (and sometimes creates) high performing teams………or so I’ve been told. You should know that as a Project Manager, Consultant, Director, Husband, Father,
IN SHORT: I’m a Philadelphian who tolerates a little lutefisk, and enjoys a long weekend at the cabin……..so yea, I’m pretty much a Minnesotan now. According to others I’m a charismatic driver who gravitates to (and sometimes creates) high performing teams………or so I’ve been told. You should know that as a Project Manager, Consultant, Director, Husband, Father, Leader, that I’m intentional, and a little selective about making value-rich commitments.
SHORT STORY LONGER: You will see that I do my fair share of recruiting for volunteer opportunities and will sometimes hand select connections who would potentially be ideal candidates for such openings with PMI-MN. My involvement as a leader on the 2014 – 2016 Board of Directors has allowed me to meet some great leaders and have a good gateway into many different industries. As a consultant for Digineer Inc, I’ve been able to make great connections and even provide referrals for jobs, and proposed partnerships with connections on LinkedIn.
My background as a Veteran of Foreign War has given me leadership foundations and perspectives that I’ve honed over the years. I’ve been able to differentiate my skills from colleagues by being able to transition into any environment quickly, and having a high degree of accountability for my part in the organizations success. Having dedicated 8 years of my mid-life to personal growth, specifically leadership, attitude, and people skills, I believe I’ve plenty more to offer, and make it a goal to continue up the path of learning and growing.
Currently a Project Manager at a Fortune 20 Pharmacy Benefit Manager, I've led and successfully delivered projects using iterative development and SDLC with Medicare, Medicaid, Health Care Reform, and Medicare Medicaid Plans (MMP).
Let’s connect, reach out, ask any questions you’d like, I’d love to learn more about (and perhaps with) you.
Strength Finder: Relator - Command - Self-Assurance - Analytical - Deliberative
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Sr. Project Manager / Product Owner @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Eden Prairie, MinnesotaDirector at Large @ The main activity the Director At Large is to establish and assess the annual and multi year strategy of PMI MN.
The Director At Large will champion strategic initiatives as project. From January 2015 to Present (10 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaIndependent Business Owner @ Leadership Team Development is a personal growth and mentorship organization that empowers individuals to grow entrepreneurship, leadership, sales, and marketing skills via live conferences, audios and books, and person-to-person connections.
The amount of learning and growing sustained during my partnership with LTD has been invaluable in the efforts to accelerate self actualization, and personal/professional/business acumen. From April 2007 to Present (8 years 7 months) Home BasedProject Manager (Consultant) @ Consultant at Express Scripts
• Managed the day to day activities of project team to deliver results, and negotiated resource availability and commitments
• Managed stakeholder expectations, communication and quality plans, project schedules, change management and continuous improvement projects
• Led projects, and managed budgets of $1.5M to maintain licensure in 8 states by developing and delivering regulatory compliance reports for Medicaid
• Led small program to deliver Medicare Medicaid Plans (MMP) reporting for clients and Center for Medicaid Medicare Services (CMS) using an iterative development lifecycle.
• Managed lifecycle of highly iterative projects valuing a total of $2M
• Responsible for standing up cadence and reporting for total body of work valuing over $30M to be delivered within the first six months of FY14
• Accountable for financial tracking, forecasting, reporting and processes for multiple programs valuing over $50M to support Client Services - Eligibility Integration projects
Emphasis on leadership and effective 360 degree communications in a Large Prescription Exchange environment (Healthcare). From April 2013 to May 2015 (2 years 2 months) Plymouth, MNDirector, Board of Directors @ Board of Directors – Volunteer position with a focus on strategy planning and implementation.
(October 2013 – Present)
• Voted in to serve as the Director At Large for the 2015 & 2016 terms
• Appointed as the Director of Professional Development department for the 2014 term
• Accountable for strategic direction of the revenue generating Professional Development department
• Provided direction and leadership to a team of over 40 volunteers to offer 6 seminars, 12 webinars, 5 PMP Prep courses, 1 Agile Certified Prep course, and other services to the greater Midwestern project management communities annually.
• Recruited and successfully placed new strong leadership team that have been identified has leaders in the greater organization.
• Created key partnerships with other chapters and project management professionals around the world to leverage for expertise From October 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 3 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaProgram Manager of Career Networking Group @ • Recruited and developed talented personnel to become part of the Career Networking team.
• Created direct connections for local recruiters, hiring managers and project/program managers
• Developed and maintained Work Breakdown Structure to complete tasks for each event and provided communication of status to key partners.
• Facilitated career networking meetings to an audience of hiring managers, recruiters, professionals, and presenters.
• Set a record-breaking year of average turnout for Career Networking events at 39 attendees under my leadership. From December 2012 to October 2013 (11 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaTeam Lead - Sr. IT Engineer @ • Led a team of Staff Augmentation Engineers for the highest revenue generating account in MN, HB Fuller
• Led team of 3 to 6 members providing first class training/support for client which was given as feedback on NPS as key reason we earned a 3 year contract renewal valuing over $1M in revenue.
• Became the trusted advisor to CEO & CIO regarding IT initiatives, and worked closely with all IT and Business departments to facilitate any IT implementations.
• Consistently demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to resolve issues and mitigate contentions, while coordinating resources in North America and up to 20 other countries.
• Quickly developed a working knowledge of IT in a chemical adhesive industry, then introduced and implemented 10 process improvements for internal and cross functional teams maturing the overall service provided within the client.
• Presented monthly reports to management team, sales team, and service delivery team on service level agreement metrics and performance tracking for projects.
• Provided 100+ hours of training to corporate employees and executive board on areas relating to desktop support and policies.
• Led desktop and software rollout during large merger of HB Fuller and Forbo adhesives that spanned of all North American sites for both companies.
• Provided consultative expertise to global IT teams in China, Australia, EMEA, and South America
• Enabled client to receive additional positive community recognition by identifying, negotiating, attaining alignment for, and successfully executing a donation effort to local school districts of IT equipment that no longer met the client’s requirements. Valuing a total of over $4,000, and ensuring that marketing along with the respective CIO’s were aware of how it was made possible. From March 2010 to March 2013 (3 years 1 month) St. Paul, MNMarketing Consultant @ Work with homeowners to educate, identify, and assess if the Home Affordable Financial Act (HAFA) short sale program is a best fit for their situation to save foreclosure, credit, and negative equity. From January 2010 to March 2010 (3 months) Workstation/Server Technician @ • Provided virtual and onsite support for businesses across a wide range of industries serving as their primary point of contact with the Managed Service Provider.
• Technical consultant for 10 - 15 small business accounts which included documenting processes, reporting, and constructing solutions to meet account needs.
• Accompanied account executives to conduct quarterly performance reporting. From March 2009 to December 2009 (10 months) St. Louis Park, MNIT Network Assistant @ First job post military & during college. My boss, Jim Greenwalt, took the time to mentor and develop me based upon a specific conversation in our interview. Task and responsibilities varied and grew with my demonstration of being able and willing to perform. Performed desktop support, Systems review/purchasing/implementation/deployment/administration of Citrix, RightFax, and mobile device systems i.e. NotifyLink & Blackberry Enterprise Server. Led projects successfully throughout life cycle for new technologies i.e. Cross governmental branches VOIP phones implementation, and Call Manager upgrade. Added value to the Senate by becoming certified as a Global Information Assurance Certification - Silver, and represented on boards such as the Legislative Infrastructure Security Group (LSIG), and the Office of Enteprise Technologies State Security Council (ISC2).
Key skill developed: The ability to identify and negotiate opportunities to enhance technology skills and perform managerial work that would provide for a strong base to grow from and provide value in any market. Jim Greenwalt gave me a place to fine tune my leadership skills from my previous military experiences, accellerate my organizational skills by allowing for me to perform projects and dedicating the appropriate resources, as well as utilize my IT skils and understanding that was being absorbed during my college courses. From January 2006 to March 2009 (3 years 3 months) St. Paul, MNIT Analyst @ This job was a 3 month contract to provide virtual support during a Point of Sale sytems (POS) rollout to a large number of North American Best Buy stores, as well as support during an acquisition of the Future shops in Canada.
This was a 12 hour shift, 4 days per week performed in conjuction with full time employment at the MN State Senate.
Key skill developed: Going the extra mile, and commitment to a contract. From March 2008 to June 2008 (4 months) Bloomington, MNSergeant @ Military Occupation Speciaties: Multi-channel Transmissions Systems Operator. Deployed on multiple missions in Kosovo, Germany, and Iraq to setup, maintain, and accomplish missions providing Line Of Sight communications to Echelons Above Corps. Leader of the Remote Access Unit team, vehicle & omni-directional antennae. From July 1999 to November 2003 (4 years 5 months) Wiesbaden Area, Germany
PMP Certification class From 2013 to 2013 Bachelor of Science (BSc), Information Technology @ Brown College From 2004 to 2007 A.S, Information Technology; Psychology & Sociology @ University of Maryland, Europe From 2001 to 2003 High School Diploma, General @ Souderton Area High School From 1996 to 1999 Julian PMP is skilled in: Strategy, Cultural Adaptation, Critical Thinking, Consulting, Emotional Intelligence, Executive-level..., Product Management, Personal Development, International Project..., Team Leadership, Project Management, Program Management, Management, Leadership, Public Speaking, Cross-functional Team..., Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, Training, Customer Service, Vendor Management, Networking, SDLC, Project Planning, Project Coordination, Integration, Security, Entrepreneurship, Enterprise Software, Recruiting, Marketing, Change Management, Access, Technology Integration, PMP, Information Technology, Project Delivery, Peer Mentoring, IT Project Leadership, Strategic Communications, IT Solutions, Technical Project..., Agile Project Management, Collaborative Problem...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension