Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) @
University of Pennsylvania
High performing legal executive and trusted advisor to senior management on world-renowned, multi-million dollar media, advertising and marketing businesses and franchises. Known for providing business-focused, cost effective and solutions-based legal support. Highly regarded for communication and consensus-building skills across all constituencies, pragmatic business advice, and ability to prioritize and negotiate effectively to manage risk and protect business
High performing legal executive and trusted advisor to senior management on world-renowned, multi-million dollar media, advertising and marketing businesses and franchises. Known for providing business-focused, cost effective and solutions-based legal support. Highly regarded for communication and consensus-building skills across all constituencies, pragmatic business advice, and ability to prioritize and negotiate effectively to manage risk and protect business interests.
Saatchi & Saatchi @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Private Practice @ Private legal practice with emphasis on commercial contracts, and counseling on matters of intellectual property, publishing and entertainment, marketing and advertising law. From September 2014 to April 2015 (8 months) Deputy General Counsel and Deputy Chief Compliance Officer @ Sole division counsel to industry-leading magazines, digital outlets and experiential properties. Also served as Time Inc. Deputy Chief Compliance Officer. Advised senior management on a wide range of legal issues, including:
• Intellectual property and privacy.
• First Amendment.
• Licenses, sponsorship and talent agreements.
• General commercial contracts and digital properties; data privacy.
• Litigation and claims management.
• Managed transaction risk on advertising/marketing, antitrust, tax, insurance and IT security laws.
• Sports: negotiated talent contracts, sponsorship and license agreements.
• Television/Video: negotiated and drafted production, talent and syndication agreements for video distributed via all media platforms.
• Provided strategic input to business clients on world-renowned brands and franchises, including Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year.
• Compliance: Established and enforced ethics and compliance policies and procedures; provided training; undertook investigations and made recommendations to senior management. From June 2000 to September 2014 (14 years 4 months) Assistant General Counsel @ Advised second largest United States trade publishing company on all legal issues, including negotiating and drafting publishing agreements; intellectual property (trademark and copyright, licensing agreements); First Amendment (review of manuscripts and other materials for libel, publicity and privacy concerns); litigation and digital law matters. From May 1997 to June 2000 (3 years 2 months) Associate @ Experienced in international corporate transactional work and general civil litigation.
• Litigation experience included pharmaceutical products liability, securities fraud and contractual disputes.
• Corporate transactional experience in the areas of capital markets offerings, international mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures.
• Significant mediation practice. From June 1991 to May 1997 (6 years) Law Clerk @ From 1990 to 1991 (1 year)
J.D., Law @ New York University School of Law From 1987 to 1990 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science and Economics @ University of Pennsylvania From 1983 to 1987 Political Science and Government @ The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) From 1986 to 1986 Judith Margolin is skilled in: Intellectual Property, Licensing, Privacy Law, Trademarks, Digital Media, Copyright Law, New Media, Trademark Infringement, Publishing, Corporate Law, Legal Writing, Legal Research, Photography Rights, Legal Compliance, Compliance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension