Logistics Operations Manager at Distribuidora Kroma, S. A. de C. V. @ PPG-Comex
Supply Chain Manager at Comex-Lafarge/Kemzus, S. A. de C. V. @ PPG-Comex
Regional Warehousing and Distribution Manager @ Corporativo Corvi, S. A. de C. V.
Bachelor's degree, Industrial Engineering with concentration in Electrical Engineering, Engineer @
Instituto Tecnologico Regional de Queretaro
Upright and responsible professional, throughout my career I have improved profitability and operational efficiency and effectiveness, and also reduced costs and working capital in the food manufacturing, third party logistics services, warehousing and distribution of groceries, building and chemical industries; for over twenty five years I have gained managerial experience in Supply Chain/Logistics with assignments in Mexico,
Upright and responsible professional, throughout my career I have improved profitability and operational efficiency and effectiveness, and also reduced costs and working capital in the food manufacturing, third party logistics services, warehousing and distribution of groceries, building and chemical industries; for over twenty five years I have gained managerial experience in Supply Chain/Logistics with assignments in Mexico, Argentina, and Venezuela, managing the processes: purchasing, customer service & order processing, inventory planning and management, warehousing, supply, distribution center operation, domestic & international transportation/distribution, and trade. In addition with four years of management experience in Information Systems, Production Control, and Industrial Engineering. Effective personnel and groups’ management, proactive, negotiation skills, bi-cultural, and troubleshooter.
Logistics Operations Manager at Distribuidora Kroma, S. A. de C. V. @ Integrate human and material resources of the supply chain, identifying areas of opportunity and establishing synergies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of logistics operations and provide the best service to our customers at the lowest cost. Plan, direct and control the processes of supply, production planning, warehousing and inventory management, shipping, customer service, management and process of orders, transportation/distribution, call center, distribution centers, foreign trade and international import and export logistics.
I was carrying out the role of Logistics Operations Manager at Distribuidora Kroma and I continued being Supply Chain Manager at Comex-Lafarge/Kemzus. I also had the responsibility over the area of Imports and Exports at AP Resinas, S. A. de C. V., part of the companies PPG-Comex, and I was legal authorized representative for the companies Kemzus and A P Resinas in relation to matters of foreign trade.
Some of the key performance indicators that I improved in the operation of Comex-Lafarge/Kemzus were:
• Improved on-time delivery indicator from 94.7% to 99.4%.
• Improved fill rate indicator from 87.9% to 99.8%.
• Reduced the cost of distribution versus net sales from 14.0% to 9.0%.
• Decreased working capital by reducing inventory days of raw materials from 47 to 9 days and finished product from 55 to 23 days.
• Improved the reliability of the inventory of raw materials and finished products from 90.13% to 99.99%.
• Since the start up of the Comex-Lafarge/Kemzus plant in March 2007 and until the end of my management I had no shortages of raw materials affecting the production schedule. From December 2009 to April 2015 (5 years 5 months) Querétaro Area, MexicoSupply Chain Manager at Comex-Lafarge/Kemzus, S. A. de C. V. @ Form, develop and implement the organizational structure of the supply chain, establishing best practices. Direct, coordinate and optimize human and materials resources of the supply chain, controlling the cost of materials, supplies, equipment, freight and storage. Plan, direct and control the processes of supply, production planning, warehousing and inventory management, shipping, customer service, management and process of orders, transportation/distribution, operation of the quarry of gypsum, call center, distribution centers, foreign trade and international import and export logistics. All this to ensure the supply of materials and the continued operation of the plant, as well as to ensure the supply of finished products and fulfilling sales demand, giving the best service to our customers at the lowest possible cost.
• Formed, developed and implemented the organizational structure and the supply chain network to ensure an optimum level of service to domestic and international customers, fulfilling the budget.
• Implemented policies, procedures and key performance indicators to manage and control the processes of the supply chain.
• Developed and implemented the domestic and international network for the supply of raw materials and finished products for sale. From December 2006 to April 2015 (8 years 5 months) Querétaro Area, MexicoRegional Warehousing and Distribution Manager @ Develop and implement the new logistics model of the Company, introducing the best logistics practices in the supply chain of the Group with respect to warehousing, traffic, distribution and fleet management, assuring an optimal service level to the internal and external clients, avoiding variations of inventory, and everything to the minimum cost.
• Reduced one hour and a half the time for the reception and shipping of merchandise with the implementation of the layout in the warehouses based on ABC sales.
• Implemented standard policies and procedures in the warehouses and also actions of control to safeguard the integrity of the inventories.
• Improved the indicators on-time delivery and fill rate 10 and 8 percentage points, respectively.
• Reduced variations of inventory in 41%. From December 2005 to September 2006 (10 months) Mexico City Area, MexicoGeneral Manager @ Manage efficiently the companies Transporte Escobedo, S. A. de C. V. and Eliseo Escobedo Espindola. Plan, organize, integrate, manage, and control the activities and strategies of growth, by means of the effective administration of human, financial, technical, and material resources, with the purpose of keeping the companies in an optimal level of competitiveness and integral growth in the markets where they operate.
• Stopped the drop in sales of ten months (-40%) that the companies had in a consolidated way. In two months, I reversed the situation back to the monthly result of the previous year. Two months later, I achieved the best monthly sale of the companies ending the year with a growth of 14%.
• Carried out a process of reorganization, systematization, and fortification of each one of the areas of the companies, including mainly: changes in the administrative and financial structure, implementation of policies and procedures, direction towards customer service, sense of urgency, results, and continuous improvement.
• Left the companies with a growth consolidated in sales of 21%, Jan-Aug 2004 vs. 2003. From March 2003 to September 2004 (1 year 7 months) Querétaro Area, MexicoVenture Logistics Subdirector @ Found, start up, direct, and manage Venture Logistics, S. A. de C. V. with the objective of provides third party logistics services for Procter & Gamble within Mexico.
• Led the foundation and start up of Venture Logistics S. A de C. V. as part of Dimalsa Logistics/Tibbett & Britten Group. I developed to Venture Logistics in order to start operations independent of Dimalsa Logistics on January 1st, 2003.
• Started up, directed, and managed the warehousing and distribution operations of Procter & Gamble in its national distribution center and also in the Clairol’s national distribution center located at Estado de Mexico and D. F. respectively.
• Directed and managed the warehousing and distribution operations of Procter & Gamble in its D. F. and Mariscala, Gto. plants, and its regional distribution centers at Merida, Villahermosa, and Mexicali, as also, its customization operation at D. F. From June 2002 to November 2002 (6 months) Mexico City Area, MexicoLogistics Manager for Latin America @ Identify, validate, direct, and coordinate all major area wide initiatives and projects in Latin America associated with distribution network development. Third party logistics management, warehousing/distribution management, and domestic/international transportation, ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the Latin America Supply Chain process in terms of cost-effectiveness, quality, and service.
• Negotiated Latin America logistics services in the global yearly bidding process for ocean freight, airfreight, freight forwarding, and customs brokers. As a result of the implementation of these negotiations we obtained global savings in the amount of US$11 million during the period 1999-2002.
• Played the role of negotiator and strategist in the bidding process for third party logistics services Mexico, including the following services: material and finished food receiving, unloading, handling, warehousing, inventory control, picking, loading, and dispatching for all distribution centers within Mexico, obtaining annual savings of US$3.2 million.
• Played the role of negotiator and strategist in the bidding process to build and rent the Queretaro, Mexico master distribution center. As a result of this negotiation, we obtained annual rent savings of US$1.2 million.
• Analyzed, redefined, and negotiated logistic services as material and finished food receiving, unloading, handling, warehousing, inventory control, picking, loading, and dispatching for the convenience food plant, in order to reduce the logistics services cost and obtain the appropriate resources that satisfied the production requirements. I reduced monthly cost 52%. From 1997 to 2002 (5 years) Querétaro Area, MexicoLogistics Manager at Kellogg Argentina @ Optimize and manage entire material and human resources throughout the Supply Chain. Control cost of material, supplies, freight, and warehousing. Plan, direct, and control the processes of purchasing, production and inventory management, supply, customer service, order processing, transportation/distribution, distribution center operation, and import/export.
• Developed a new logistics organization with five new job descriptions.
• Redesigned and developed a distribution network applying strategic outsourcing for logistics services and distribution center infrastructure focus on Efficient and Effective Consumer Response. I reduced distribution cost 7% and on-time delivery was improved from 97% to 99%.
• Planned and managed material and finished food inventories, and developed new suppliers. As a result, I reduced inventories 18%, and material cost, raw material 12%, and packing material 20%. From 1996 to 1997 (1 year) Operations and Logistics Information Systems Master Plan Manager at Kellogg Mexico @ Lead the Operations and Logistics Information Systems Master Plan for Mexico, and support the plan for Latin America and other worldwide countries.
This was a strategic plan for the information framework to enable and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Operations and Logistics functions in order to support business growth.
• Developed current and future model for Mexico operation.
• Led the bidding process for an integrated Supply Chain information system, and evaluated and selected the vendors of the software.
• Coordinated the analysis, redesign, and implementation of Operations and Logistics procedures. From 1995 to 1996 (1 year) Querétaro Area, MexicoDistribution Manager at Kellogg Mexico @ Ensure efficient and effective consumer response. Material and finished food inventory management and control. Plan and ensure domestic demand fulfillment, imports into Mexico from USA and Canada, and exports from Mexico to Latin America and North America. Distribution centers, warehousing, and transportation management and planning applying continuous replenishment programs.
• Developed a new distribution organization with eight new job descriptions. Entire distribution staff was replaced.
• Redesigned and developed a new distribution network applying strategic outsourcing for logistics services and distribution centers infrastructure. Six distribution centers and two cross docking centers were developed. Distribution cost versus net sales was reduced from 10% to 6% in 1989 and was maintained between 6% and 7% from 1989 to 1994, in spite of drastic changes in the economy of the country.
• Successfully eliminated bad business practices throughout company’s distribution network. From 1988 to 1994 (6 years) Querétaro Area, MexicoInd. Eng. Mgr / Computerized Syst. and Prod. Control Chief / Mfg. Director Assistant at Kellogg Mex. @ From 1983 to 1988 (5 years) Querétaro Area, Mexico
Master of Science (MS), Electrical Engineering with concentration in Automatic Control @ Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados IPN From 1978 to 1981 Bachelor's degree, Industrial Engineering with concentration in Electrical Engineering, Engineer @ Instituto Tecnologico Regional de Queretaro From 1974 to 1977 Juan Jose Espino is skilled in: Supply Chain Optimization, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Management, Materials Management, Purchasing, Negotiation, Warehousing, 3PL, Demand Planning, Distribution Center Operations, Inventory Management, MRP, Supply Management
Looking for a different
Juan Jose Espino?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension