Manager Financial Advisory Service (Mergers&Aquisitions) @
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @
Juan Carlos, graduated in Business Administration with Mayor in Finance and Banking and holds an MBA from Chicago University. He has spent the last 15 years in Corporate Finance acting as CFO and as strategy and business development consultant, both to established and emerging companies. Much of his career has been devoted to understanding and building business
Juan Carlos, graduated in Business Administration with Mayor in Finance and Banking and holds an MBA from Chicago University. He has spent the last 15 years in Corporate Finance acting as CFO and as strategy and business development consultant, both to established and emerging companies. Much of his career has been devoted to understanding and building business models and identifying and capturing business opportunities. Juan Carlos has managed acquisition searches for strategic investors and conducted due diligence assessments for both equity investors and acquiring companies.
Looking for an international orientation, Juan Carlos joined Deloitte (Switzerland), in 1999, in Corporate Finance. For a period of seven years, he assisted clients in consulting and achieving the best value from a transaction through supporting stock exchange listings, public takeovers, or private transactions.
In 2006, Juan Carlos joined Adecco Management & Consulting (Switzerland), a listed corporate company, as Director for Latin America. With the commitment to build a strong focus on adding value to the business units, he successfully managed M&A and the restructuring of projects in the region.
Following his vision of working one day for a social cause in Latin America, in 2009, Juan Carlos decided to leave the private sector. The opportunity arrived to volunteer as a CFO for an NGO in Brazil and, once there, he helped refine and restructure the organization in strategy and finance.
This experience was the entry point that led to impact investing and where Juan Carlos began to work as Investment Manager for LGT Venture Philanthropy in Brazil.
Head of Latin America and Investment Manager @ LGT VP is an impact investor supporting organizations with outstanding social and environmental impact. Acting in five continents LGT VP is known for identifying extraordinary teams and business models with a significant scale potential.
• Responsible for managing and leading investor related activities in Latin America that vary from conducting Due Diligence processes, closing equity, debt and grant investments (USD 1m – USD 10m), managing and mentoring a small team of local investment managers and representing the organization in relevant social matters.
• Completed and led due diligence efforts in various businesses including health, real estate, recycling and education
• Negotiated investment terms, capital structure and legal documentation with entrepreneurs and co-investor
• Managed investments in over 10 portfolio companies by screening over 300 companies, performing Due Diligence, and monitoring investees, identifying funding strategies, new recruits and cost cut areas. From May 2009 to Present (6 years 8 months) BrazilCFO/Business development @ - Reporting to the Board of Directors, as a CFO/Business developer I was an integral part of the leadership team, leading a team of 40 employees and my role was to drive the business forward and take responsibility of the financial part but also to provide to the organization a structural and strategical basis to support its future growth.
- The business (a middle sized foundation in the educational area) has an impressive track record stretching back 15 years and developed a strong presence in the regional educational field. The organisation is currently facing an expansion phase with the aim to grow nationally and internationally.
- The one year experience with Foundation Pro Cerrado was established in form of a fellowship program supported by LGT VenturePhilanthropy. From January 2009 to 2010 (1 year) Adecco Management Consulting, Manager Internal Audit (Consulting @ Adecco Management Consulting, Manager Internal Audit (Consulting), with a strong focus on adding value to the units of Adecco, the last two years I have been managing audit and consulting projects in Europe (Germany and France) and in
South America (Brazil, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Mexico and Chile).
My main responsibilities, among other, lie in leading and motivating a team of seven persons, performing complex level projects in strategy and reorganization, understanding and assessing local risks and potential misstatements, identifying key drivers in the business units, conducting performance, finance and operation audits.
The result of my assignments are presented and reported to the Group Management and the Audit Committee of Adecco.
As coordinator of the Group’s year long project on Risk Management, I gained experience in assessing and identifying global and local risk exposures. My tasks included providing workshops in Risk Management to the Country Finance Managers
of Adecco, describe causes of risk, analyze risks and consequences in the respective countries, calculate and map the risks on a matrix. Additionally, coordinate with the local risk owners how to control and respond to the identified risks. From January 2007 to December 2008 (2 years) Manager Financial Advisory Service (Mergers&Aquisitions) @ Deloitte, Manager Financial Advisory Service (M&A), as Manager in transaction services for two years, I assisted clients in achieving the best value from a transaction through supporting stock exchange listings, public takeovers, or private transactions.
My tasks included both the buy and sell-side investigations of a target company by, for example, screening companies and performing pre-acquisition or vendor due diligences. The focus was on ensuring significant value items in order to make sure that those risks and other matters were duly identified. From January 2001 to December 2006 (6 years)
Master's degree, Banking, Corporate, Finance, and Securities Law @ University of Chicago From 2014 to 2014 Master of Business Administration (MBA), Sustainable Business, MBA @ FGV From 2011 to 2012 Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Banking, Corporate, Finance, and Securities Law @ University of Business and Finance From 1998 to 2001 Juan Moreno is skilled in: Due Diligence, Private Equity, Risk Management, Management Consulting, Venture Capital, Strategy, Financial Modeling, Investments, Valuation, Business Strategy, Financial Risk, Mergers, Corporate Finance, Financial Analysis, Auditing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension