I am a data driven digital marketer with a love for complex problem solving and analytical marketing. My love for understanding the psychology of why we buy, keeps me busy with a strong focus on driven marketing results through looking at data and trends using databases, google analytics, Split testing tools, heat-mapping, Session tracking and more. I
I am a data driven digital marketer with a love for complex problem solving and analytical marketing. My love for understanding the psychology of why we buy, keeps me busy with a strong focus on driven marketing results through looking at data and trends using databases, google analytics, Split testing tools, heat-mapping, Session tracking and more. I work with a number of businesses to construct and refine their online marketing strategies using data and gradually build in autonomy using a mixture of technology and staff resources to achieved the desired effect.
My Specialties Include:
Social media advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, instagram)
Conversion rate optimization (ConversionXL Certified)
Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
Building external marketing teams.
Complex project management
What I like the most?
I love big complex problems that most people run from :).
Founder & Owner @ If you haven’t noticed by now, we’re your full solution to online marketing. With years of experience building successful marketing campaigns for offline businesses you risk nothing working with recognised industry professionals.
Working with us will increase your profits. It’s as simple as that. More information on our services on the website(that’s what you should be doing … now). From January 2009 to Present (7 years) Director of Marketing @ As the Director of Marketing at U College I handled all marketing, website development, Salesforce deployments (from a marketing perspective) and drove the strategy and implementation of marketing campaigns and channels with a strong focus on Data Driven marketing and Conversion Optimization.
During my time at U College here where some of the wins I achieved
- Doubling revenue month on month for my first 6 months
- Helped to grow business to over 6 figures per month
- Created the strategies and systems to deploy new landing pages and paid advertising channels in under 1 week (Including being 100% compliant)
- Built and managed a team of 8 remote workers handing all aspects of the business from administration, development, design and marketing.
- Sytemised, documented and streamlined the marketing process to be Data Driven and heavily focused on constantly challenging the best control.
- Managed agencies to ensure all agencies where aligned with key data driven initiatives and rewarded based on success with our internal goal CPA's.
- Helped to build induction and internal training process for on-boarding of all staff from sales through to marketing.
- Drove the strategic direction of marketing and branding of the business with the help of our branding agency. From October 2014 to July 2015 (10 months) Digital Marketing Manager @ Maintain content on Upskilled’s websites through day to day content updates to the site/s including: news articles, testimonials, course information, timetables, fee information, blog management, video
Initiate, source and develop web content which is customer-focused, sales driven and reflects each brand’s overall commercial strategy
Negotiate and prioritise the applications development schedule for the site with the website development company
Identify, monitor and track KPIs for the sites including monthly reporting of web traffic and enquiries, sales analysis, market analysis
Ensure website architecture (content classification, navigation and lay out) is developed according to established usability standards
Research and develop SEO plans for Upskilled and implement and manage to agreed performance targets
Set annual targets for website traffic, enquiry volumes and sales for Upskilled
Engage prospects and students with social media to generate brand awareness and leads using tools such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
Development of landing pages and other website amendments identified as required for online campaigns and implement appropriate tracking measures to record effectiveness of campaigns
Assist the Marketing Manager to monitor performance of SEM activity
Develop, implement and monitor EDM strategy to nuture existing leads and generate new business From November 2011 to September 2014 (2 years 11 months) Sydney, Australia
Google Tag Manager Essentials, Analytics @ GTM Training From 2015 to 2015 Google Tag Manager Fundamentals, Google Analytics @ Google From 2015 to 2015 Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions, Analytics @ Google From 2015 to 2015 Ruby on Rails @ One Month From 2015 to 2015 Traffic BlackBook 2.0, Marketing @ Udemy From 2015 to 2015 ConversionXL Certificate In Conversion Optimization, Conversion Optimization @ Conversion XL Course From 2014 to 2014 Google Analytics Platform Principles, Google Analytics @ Google Analytics Academy From 2014 to 2014 Diploma of IT Project Management, Project Management @ Upskilled From 2013 to 2014 International Restaurant Management, Hospitality Management @ Le Cordon Bleu From 2008 to 2010 Joshua Bretag is skilled in: Online Marketing Strategist, Conversion Optimization, SEO, PPC, HTML, PHP, CSS, Web Development, SEM, Online Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Social Media, Online Advertising
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension