Managing Member and Founder @ The Iron Door Company
Owner @ Cogitavi
University of Alabama at Birmingham
I am an executive with a breadth of experience in operations, sales, marketing, technology, and product development. I specialize in innovation and change leadership. I have success as both an entrepreneur and intrapreneur. I relish the opportunity to make a real difference, both in the success of the corporation and in the lives of the people I
I am an executive with a breadth of experience in operations, sales, marketing, technology, and product development. I specialize in innovation and change leadership. I have success as both an entrepreneur and intrapreneur. I relish the opportunity to make a real difference, both in the success of the corporation and in the lives of the people I interact with.
I am a self-starter that neither requires nor desires large amounts of oversight.
I have worked in the defense, insurance, telecommunications, information services and medical industries. Of these, I have enjoyed the medical industry the most; the products in the medical industry truly impact the lives of those that use them, often at the time of their greatest need.
Vice President Operations @ YourCareUniverse is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MEDHOST providing cloud-based solutions for patients and providers to manage patient wellness and healthcare.
Vice President Operations - YourCareUniverse: January 2015 - Present
- Responsible for leading the services operations team, delivering managed services in:
---- YourCareLink, a cloud-based managed interfacing service
---- YourCareData, a cloud-based managed master data management service
---- PhysicianCredentialing, a cloud-based managed physician credentialing service
- Responsible for leading the technical operations team managing the cloud implementation, monitoring and maintenance for all YourCareUniverse solutions
Vice President of Outsourced Services - MEDHOST: September 2013 - December 2014
- Responsible for leading the strategy, sales, marketing and operations of several services business lines
- Changed the business model for our Reporting Services, resulting in over a 100% increase in revenue and instituting year-over-year recurring revenues
- Changed the business model of our Statement Processing Services, resulting in a 33% increase in contribution margin
- Changed the business model of our Revenue Cycle Services, achieving break-even in a department that was substantially negative in contribution margin
- Created, implemented and grew YourCareLink from $0 to over $700K in revenue in just 9 months, with substantial year-over-year recurring revenue
- Identified and created the YourCareData and PhysicianCredentialing business lines. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Director of Sales, Central Region @ Acuo specializes in enterprise medical image and clinical document management.
- Delivered $13MM on a $9MM quota.
- Delivered the largest private-sector deal to date in the VNA market.
- Designed and implemented the CRM system for sales, service and marketing efforts.
- Selected and implemented the Sales Process Acuo uses to track opportunities.
- Co-managed the partnership with Dell's UCA effort. From February 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 8 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaManaging Member and Founder @ The Iron Door Company (TIDC) is a distributor and wholesaler of wrought iron residential doors, windows, fencing and balconies.
TIDC manages two brands, Monterrey Doors and Castle Entries. Monterrey Doors is dedicated to The Home Depot, and is the only big-box, nationwide brand of wrought iron doors. Castle Entries is dedicated to the local dealer market and is also nationwide.
Managing Member - August 2008 - Present
- Responsible for financial and tax matters
Executive Vice President - August 2008 - October 2009
- Responsible for legal and structural organization of the company.
- Responsible for Marketing and Sales.
- Managed a 4 person sales team.
- Grew sales over 1000% in 5 months. From February 2007 to May 2013 (6 years 4 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaOwner @ Cogitavi is a vehicle for the technical and management consulting that I engage in from time to time. From January 2008 to December 2012 (5 years) Birmingham, Alabama AreaSoftware Engineer @ Acuitec specializes in anesthesia and surgical information systems.
- Built a large pre-operation assessment application for the iPad (over 20,000 lines) to automate, mobilize and speed up the detailed and intense pre-op assessment process.
- Implemented CRM for tracking and measuring sales and marketing efforts. From October 2010 to February 2011 (5 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaPresident @ Zoobal provided niche social networking sites.
- Responsible for leading a small team in the initial creation of the product platform, building the operations team, and managing our funding raise.
- Created a detailed pro-forma for the business. From February 2010 to October 2010 (9 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaSenior Vice President and Founder @ ComFrame is a provider of software consulting and contracting solutions, specializing in business solutions and the outsourced creation of software for software companies.
- Responsible for the creation and executive management of a new business unit dedicated to the delivery of business solutions in the areas of finance, operations and human resources.
- Led the ComFrame consulting team at Honda Manufacturing of Alabama.
- Led the definition of an organizational restructuring positioning ComFrame for exponential growth. From May 2006 to November 2007 (1 year 7 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaSenior Vice President @ - Led the re-architecture of the core server product, resulting in more than a 1000% increase in stability.
- Led the design and implementation of Awarix's automated continuous build process, resulting in a decrease of more than 90% in build time.
- Led the development of Awarix's deployment and upgrade technology and process, resulting in a decrease of more than 70% in deployment time and a decrease of more than 95% in upgrade time.
- Led the optimization of Awarix's map creation process, resulting in a decrease of 66% in map creation time.
- Led the development of Awarix's first high-availability architecture.
- Led the service operations team, responsible for the technical configuration, deployment and support of Awarix's customers. From January 2005 to April 2006 (1 year 4 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaVice President and Founder @ Emageon created the market for Enterprise Medical Image archival, and grew from a start-up to one of the top 5 providers in its space before selling to Amicas.
Vice President of Technical Strategy: September 2003 - December 2004
- Led Technical Sales effort resulting in greater than an 80% win rate for engaged accounts.
- Responsible for technical innovation based upon extensive field experience.
- Responsible for the management of primary hardware vendors, to include selection and certification of new vendor equipment.
Vice President of Systems Engineering: January 2002 - March 2003
- Led the Systems Engineering team to three new product releases within a 10 month period.
- Responsible for the architecture, design and development of Emageon's hardware platform.
Vice President of Architecture: December 1998 - December 2002
- Led the architecture and design of Emageon’s first, second and third product lines, currently the foundation of Emageon’s UltraStructure product line.
- Developed the industry-leading toolkit and framework for medical imaging. From December 1998 to December 2004 (6 years 1 month) Birmingham, Alabama AreaSoftware Architect and Founder @ - Consulted on, led the design and developed a clinical image viewing system for the University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Center.
- Designed and built the initial software development standards and processes.
- Grew the company, with the other co-founders, from 3 personnel to over 10. From December 1997 to December 1998 (1 year 1 month) Birmingham, Alabama AreaSoftware Architect @ - Led the development team for a web-site management product with an inception to customer delivery time period of less than 6 months.
- Transitioned the development team from a structured programming C shop to an object-oriented C++ shop. From April 1997 to November 1997 (8 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaSenior Software Engineer and Team Leader @ Bear Creek specialized in providing traffic management and engineering solutions to the telecommunications market.
- Designed and developed the core traffic measurement framework used in all other products.
- Led the development team for a traffic reporting product. The initial installation of this product was both on time and budget and was the most successful installation that the company had experienced up to that time. From November 1995 to March 1997 (1 year 5 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaSoftware Engineer @ - Designed and implemented a new UI methodology that significantly reduced the screen clutter and improved customer productivity. From July 1994 to October 1995 (1 year 4 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaPlatoon Leader @ Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger From June 1991 to May 1994 (3 years) Clarksville, Tennessee Area
EMS, Management of Techonology, 4.0/4.0 @ Georgia Institute of Technology From 2005 to 2006 MS, Computer Science, 4.0/4.0 @ University of Alabama at Birmingham From 1999 to 2002 BS, Computer Science, 3.73/4.0 @ United States Military Academy at West Point From 1987 to 1991 Joseph Wortmann is skilled in: Sales Management, Sales Operations, Sales Process, Major Accounts, Application Design, Application Architecture, Application Development, System Architecture, Systems Engineering, DICOM, HL7, Java, Objective-C, Object Oriented Design, Innovation Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension