Highly talented and accomplished Senior Software Engineer with more than five years of management experience in Systems Design and Implementation and an additional five in mobile application design and development. Expert in software architecture and implementation, production engineering, and product life cycle. Proven ability to direct successful engineering groups. Consistent history of improving efficiency and increasing productivity.
Highly talented and accomplished Senior Software Engineer with more than five years of management experience in Systems Design and Implementation and an additional five in mobile application design and development. Expert in software architecture and implementation, production engineering, and product life cycle. Proven ability to direct successful engineering groups. Consistent history of improving efficiency and increasing productivity. Hands-on manager with ability to lead, motivate, and coordinate technical teams and projects. Familiar with planning and supervising technology implementations and upgrades. Able to work with end users to determine requirements. Extremely effective in stressful situations.
Specialties: OPERATING SYSTEMS: Android, iOS, MAC O.S. X, Windows CE 5.0, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Solaris, LINUX, OS 9000
SOFTWARE / LANGUAGE:
COCO, CVS, RIM J2ME, J2EE/J2ME (JMF, WAP, LMAE, RHINO, JSP), C++, C#, MS Visual Basic, MS Visual C++, Perl, Turbo Pascal, SQL, LISP, LINGO, PROLOG, Bourne Shell, C Shell, PHP
Manager Technology @ Design and implement responsive cross platform and native APP for automobile manufactures. From February 2013 to Present (2 years 11 months) Mobile Development Manager @ Develop and support all SmartHome INSTENON iOS and Android Application. From January 2012 to February 2013 (1 year 2 months) Senior Software Lead @ - Designed and developed iPad Magazine wrappers.
- Designed and developed iPhone, Andriod, and BlackBerry RSS/HTML mobile app wrappers. From April 2011 to January 2012 (10 months) Lead Product Devolpent and Designer @ - Work closely with customer and HW/SW Eng to design and implement new consumer products.
- Designed and implemented iPhone/iPad apps
- Designed and implemented Andriod app From February 2009 to April 2011 (2 years 3 months) Sr SW Dev @ • Worked with team to design UI for static and dynamic social recommendation engine primarily geared towards music.
• Designed and implemented MusicIP MobileMixer Beta 1.0 for the BB Bold using custom Black Berry JDE.
• Interacted with customer base to resolve issues with interface and underling control issues for all MusicIP allocations. From June 2008 to January 2009 (8 months) Sr Sw Lead @ - Directly managed and coordinated on-shore and off-shore development of high-end GPS devices From January 2008 to June 2008 (6 months) SW Intergrator @ - Designed, implemented, and sustained custom GUI interfaces for flight attendants to control IFE system From March 2005 to January 2008 (2 years 11 months) SW Lead @ Manage off-shore development of integration of RTOS into navigation eco system. From 2008 to 2008 (less than a year) SW R&D @ - Wrote touch screen games in C++ for a custom LINUX system
- Played a vital role in designing the RTOS for an 8051 (Cygnal Technologies C8051F020)
- Designed and created “Jack-The-Gripper,” a servo controlled robot arm version of ‘The Crane Game’ From August 2002 to January 2005 (2 years 6 months)
BS, Computer Science @ California State Polytechnic University-Pomona From 2002 to 2005 CS @ University of South Florida From 1999 to 2001 Joseph Rifkin is skilled in: C++, Software Development, Linux, Android, iPhone Application Development, Mobile Applications, VSS, Atlassian JIRA, Subversion, Cocoa, Java, XML, Testing, iOS development, JIRA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension