Founder / Scrum Master / Full Stack Developer @ EFC Sydney Dev Group
Front End Developer → Lead Front End Developer → Front End Dev Manager @
Over 10 years experience as a Front End Developer. Also have full stack expertise including Rails, PHP and MySQL. Have rich experience in big companies like Yahoo! and D-Link, but also played the role of Lead Developer for 2 startups. I am passionate with learning and sharing new technologies with my colleagues. Always think if I could
Over 10 years experience as a Front End Developer. Also have full stack expertise including Rails, PHP and MySQL. Have rich experience in big companies like Yahoo! and D-Link, but also played the role of Lead Developer for 2 startups. I am passionate with learning and sharing new technologies with my colleagues. Always think if I could make things better.
Front End Developer @ The first Front End Developer in Stackla. Improving code-base by introducing templating system, modular development, assets loader, OOP, and test-driven development.
✔ Boost Widget Performance - By improving render strategies.
✔ Event Screen Framework - Bringing in Template Engine for customisation and OOP for DRY.
✔ Mosaic Event Screen
✔ UI Kit - Creating reusable and consistent UI library for all Stackla from scratch.
► Asset Management - Refactoring assets loading by using grunt-usemin and webpack.
► Reactify - Making use of React.js to create Stackla next-generation UI.
► Plugin Framework - Bringing in JS testing, code quality, and JS documentation.
● Development: Github, Vagrant, JIRA, and HipChat
● Back-end: PHP, Kohana, Nginx, and Node.js
● Front-end: jQuery, lodash, Grunt, Knockout, Mocha, Sinon, and Chai From May 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaLead Front End Developer @ Faria Systems, a SasS company, builds solutions for IB World Schools. Also highly involved in developing Integrated CRM system based on Xero.
● Translating wireframe to create production-level prototypes with F1 speed.
● Developing with a bunch of best team collaboration tools.
● As a team lead, I introduce modular dev, enforce convention, and keep prioritizing tasks.
What I learn from Faria is that how to maximise the speed of creating products for a start-up.
● Development: Github, HipChat, Basecamp, Airbrake, logentries, Screenhero, and CodeClimate
● Back-end: Ruby on Rails
● Front-end: jQuery, lodash, RequireJS, SASS/Compass, and CoffeeScript
● Process: Developer-driven Spec, Pull Request, Kanban and Peer Programming
✔ Customised Bootstrap Gem - Every products can apply consistent UI rapidly.
✔ Bringing in consistent and maintainable front-end architecture.
✔ Visualise Asset Loading Performance - Combining Mixpanel.
✔ Form Builder - Enhancing super flexible form builder.
● OpenApply - Online form admission system
● Keybridge - Integrated CRM system based on Xero
● InterSIS - International school information system From June 2013 to February 2014 (9 months) TaipeiLead Front End Developer / Evangelist @ miiiCasa Inc., a D-Link spin-off start-up company. (5/2011)
• New Hire Training including having training sessions and regular checkpoints for newbie.
• Developing reusable components using YUI OOP infrastructure.
• Generating Design Document that provides overall guidance to implementer and maintainer.
• Resource management including spec analysis and schedule arrangement.
• Recruiting, including job vancancies posts, questionnaire design, and interviews.
• Documentation on code convention and tutorials.
• Being an technical Evangelist that promotes miiiCasa's image.
• Encouraging culture of sharing.
D-Link need to find opportunities to provide service to end consumers so that they can build relationship between devices and users. I joined because I was really interested in hybriding device and web.
• Framework decision and building including Trac, Git, CodeIgniter, and YUI.
• Forming team foundation such as development environment, guideline and modular development.
• Mainly works for miiiCasa Goodie Bar project.
• Aiding for F2E candidate interviews including questionnaire design and asking technical questions.
• Introducing tools including FUSE, Fiddler, JSLint, PHPCS and Git hooks.
• Packaging and deployment script.
• Developing reusable components.
• Open miiiCasa including developer website, open social and Caja introduce. From September 2009 to May 2013 (3 years 9 months) Taipei City, TaiwanFront End Engineer / YDN Evangelist @ Translating visual designer's mockup into the web pages. Implementing with Browser Compatibility, Web Standard, Accessibility, Maintainable, Progressive Enhancement and Unobtrusive JS.
✔ Tech Lead - Convention creation, New hire training, host code review and interview.
✔ Invent Asset Loader for improving project performance and maintainability.
✔ Passionate - Frequent speaker.
✔ Innovative - Hackday awards.
● Front End Engineering: as Front End Engineer (Oct 2005 - April 2008)
● Yahoo! Developer Network: as Evangelist (May 2008 - Dec 2008)
● Wretch: as Back End Engineer (Jan 2009 - Aug 2009)
● Development: CVS, SVN, Perforce, Vim
● Back-end: FreeBSD/Redhat, PHP, ySymfony
● Front-end: YUI2, YUI3
● Process: Waterfall, Scrum
● Baseline: Web Standard, Accessibility, Layered Semantic Markup, and Unobstructive JS.
● Home From October 2005 to August 2009 (3 years 11 months) TaipeiEngineer @ It's my first permanent job.
• Developing systems including Workflow, Distributors Registeration, and Sales Management.
• Mainly using Microsoft solutions such as ASP, ASP.NET, and MSSQL.
• Handling almost everything to create a new service including planning, discussion, page design, DB schema design, and of course, code writing. From June 2004 to August 2005 (1 year 3 months) TaipeiRemote UI Developer @ May 2014
Helped to finish UI revamp within 6 days so that the founders could have a wonderful UI to demo. :) From 2000 to 2000 (less than a year) Sydney Area, Australia
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension