I work in design and illustration because I love it. Aside from clients, I'm building and ever-growing list of illustration, design, and interactive project ideas to work on myself or as collaborations and spending spare time working on the projects I can get to. Travel is often about museums and deepening the well of experiences and visual
I work in design and illustration because I love it. Aside from clients, I'm building and ever-growing list of illustration, design, and interactive project ideas to work on myself or as collaborations and spending spare time working on the projects I can get to. Travel is often about museums and deepening the well of experiences and visual imagery. I's say to clients—something interesting that you're passionate about also and let's collaborate.
I've been working in graphic design since the mid-nineties both solo and in studios—solo since 2007—working with small businesses and individuals as well as with other design studios and large companies including Adobe, Domo, AtTask, and Venafi.
I'm thoroughly enjoying expanding into different areas of graphic design and pushing more into illustration, and the blur between them, not to mention hauling a camera around with me. I love working with infographics and logos and have enjoyed working with icons, events, posters, business collateral, book design, animation backgrounds, and even a chalkboard or two.
Outside of work, I travel—packing around my gps to track where I go, snowboard, and enjoy astronomy, good music, museums, and a good botanical garden. Now to find more ways for work and some outside interests to meld.
Graphic Designer/Illustrator @ Design for various companies. Clients include Adobe, Domo, Venafi, Omniture, inthinc, AtTask, Crowell Advertising, Richter7, Deseret Book, and Boncom.
• Key designer in applying the Omniture and Adobe brands to event designs for the Digital Marketing Suite Summits and other marketing events.
• Coordinated with the UXD team at Adobe to overhaul the Digital Marketing Suite interface icons.
• Excellent negotiation skills with project bids and contracts; and managing invoices and payments.
• Effective project manager coordinating internal teams and vendors to attain project objectives, meet deadlines, and budget parameters.
• Maintaining and extending company brands in projects, new templates, and style guides. From June 2007 to Present (8 years 7 months) Graphic Designer @ In-house design/advertising agency for a printing company. Work includes several magazines a month, logos, corporate ID, advertisements, brochures, packaging.
The studio has four designers with a range of abilities including web design, illustration, photography, and video in addition to graphic design.
• Designing for branding, marketing, print publications, and websites.
• Working both individually and in cooperation with a design team.
• Coordinating directly with the in-house print company for both digital and off-set processes.
• Preparing and presenting project bids for prospective clients. From May 2004 to June 2007 (3 years 2 months) Graphic Designer @ Extensive logo work for use on equipment and clothing. From March 2004 to April 2004 (2 months) Intern @ Internship for design firm in Houston, primarily researching statistics for, and creating information graphics for the book Understanding Healthcare. Also assisted in designing annual reports. From May 2003 to June 2003 (2 months) Graphic Designer @ Designing information graphics, interface design, splash pages for Brigham Young University's online courses. Some print work including posters, display maps, and cards.
Coordinating projects with Faculty, Instructional Technologists, 3-D Modelers, and Programmers. From July 1999 to December 2002 (3 years 6 months) Intern @ Intern for illustrators' agent in Los Angeles and New York managing databases, client files, and promotional material. From May 1999 to June 1999 (2 months) Graphic Designer/Illustrator @ Multimedia studio designing print graphics for campus community. Work included textbooks; maps; technical drawings, and other information graphics; posters and other display graphics; slide creation; photo developing; and photo manipulation. From January 1996 to May 1999 (3 years 5 months)
Illustration @ Brigham Young University From 1994 to 2003 Woods Cross Jonathan (Jack) Hull is skilled in: Illustration, Illustrator, Logo Design, Graphics, Graphic Design, Photoshop, Corporate Identity, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Multimedia, Environmental Graphics, Animation, Brochures, Art, Layout
Looking for a different
Jonathan (Jack) Hull?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension