I am a skilled technologist who helps organizations leverage information to work more effectively, reach more markets and add more value. What I do now is to build real time reasoning engines for text and images so it's paid research. If you wish to linkup, I think it's courteous to provide a reason in your LinkedIn note,
I am a skilled technologist who helps organizations leverage information to work more effectively, reach more markets and add more value. What I do now is to build real time reasoning engines for text and images so it's paid research. If you wish to linkup, I think it's courteous to provide a reason in your LinkedIn note, otherwise I tend not to respond. Thanks!
My management style is to let brilliant people do brilliant things.
I have broad experience in 10 start ups and at major companies as a Product Manager, Support Leader and Business Liaison. I worked on a trading desk as a dealer. I've cultivated a goodly amount of patience, people skills and an ability to interact with both technical and non-technical staff.
I am interested in causal reasoning and related areas, alternative finance data, markets, genetics and high performance computing. I am no longer a cubicle person.
Specialties: Hard skills:
• Product Management
• Project Management
• Text Analysis and Search
• Adaptive Games related to Yield Models
• Fixed Income Trading ( held a Series 3, 7, 24 now expired)
• Financial Exchange Protocol expertise
• Data Base :Schema ACID Based(Postgres,Sybase,Oracle,Inforrmix)
• Data Store :non Schema Based( HDFS,Hadoop, Mongodb, Spark,Neo4j)
• Startup Participation and Knowledge
• Stochastic Processes, Numerical Analysis
• Computational Statistics data viz. Machine Learning
• Python developer , strong R some Java, some C++, Fortran, Mathematica
• Bio-related, Cytoscape, Blast., BioConductor
Consultant/Text Analysis and Machine Learning / Developer @ Currently engaged in startup delivering knowledge from data.
• Text Analytics, Mallet, Neural Nets, Awk,sed, AWS, Hadoop, Storm, Solr , R , numpy , Neo4j, Stanford parser and Natural language processing toolkits, mahout, are some of the tools I use.
• Liaising with hardware stack engineers creating fast cached in memory operations. From September 2011 to Present (4 years 4 months) Research - Bioinformatics and Machine Learning @ I worked in machine deduction of orthologs within large networks, and genomic inference using machine learning techniques. I am very interested in Bayesian Networks used for causal reasoning. I also worked on Virtual Plant - a product of the Coruzzi / Shasha Labs. It is a one-stop site for plant genomics research globally.. Always looking for an opportunity to work on autism and or human genomics. From September 2010 to January 2014 (3 years 5 months) Technical Account Mgr/ Project Manager @ Portware LLC makes and sells a High Frequency Trading platform for algo trading in Equities, Futures and Forex. When I joined there were 20 people and before Merrill funding.
• I project managed/on boarded foreign and domestic funds and banks in order to deliver the best trading experience.
• Managed large recurring revenue portfolio of projects
• On boarded clients for new Forex platform scoped out the network and fix requirements from Barclay, Credit Suisse, Merrill, Goldman, UBS, HSBC, Bloomberg and many others. I know all their secrets. :) From August 2006 to April 2010 (3 years 9 months) CTO/product design, partner @ A start-up in 2002, but has been well funded since. BSN LLC builds software/appliances for infrastructure security at the Application Level ( an adaptive level -7 multi-protocol firewall). They provide specialized solutions in the secure collaboration domain for defense and government services.
• We produced an authorization, authentication, non repudiation mechanism for collaborative security across organizational boundaries.
• I designed a platform for authorization across domain boundaries for federation. From September 2002 to July 2006 (3 years 11 months) VP Support Manager / Product Management @ Appia (TM) is the preeminent Fix protocol implementation. When I joined Javelin, it was a start-up. We built trading networks for the financial industry.
• Tasked to head support, I hired very good people.
• We supported Fidelity, the Capital Group, and a list that grew to 300 + buys side and sell sides.
• I made numerous calls on clients. I came back with good technical specifications that we used to improve Appia.
• I product managed both web based initiatives and 2 core products.
• Obtained Intel Grant for Promising Startup.
• Promoted to VP of support managed budget and global staff.
I loved working at Javelin and making the company grow. The people were great. Javelin was sold to NYFIX. From September 1999 to September 2002 (3 years 1 month) VP Fixed Income /Quant Emerging Markets @ Briefly, all of my work was on trading desks.
• I worked in Interest Rate products, yield models, interest rate models, designed Collaterized Bond Obligations (CBO,CDO) models with default credit structures for High Yield Book.
• I "borrowed" data feeds for real time pricing using Excel and VB and C++ and made significant contribution to Emerging market bond desk.
• Supported the financing desks.
• I did a small tour of duty on the Forex desk.
• Invited to trade a spread book for emerging markets desk.
• Priced Swaps and Caps and other IR products for desk.
• Used Calypso and Infinity for risk pricing.
It was challenging with lot's of late nights, but I kept it all together. From September 1991 to March 1999 (7 years 7 months)
Courant Institute of Mathematics / Doctoral Program, Probability, Numerical Analysis and Computer Vision. @ New York UniversityB.S., Physics/English @ Manhattan CollegeXavier High School, New YorkCoursera John Peter Sabini is skilled in: Python, R, Machine Learning, Big Data, Fixed Income, SQL, Agile Methodologies, Trading Systems, MapReduce, Derivatives, Trading, Hadoop, FIX, Software Project Management, Electronic Trading
Looking for a different
John Peter Sabini?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension