A highly experienced SC cleared PRINCE2 Project manager with a history of successful delivery within a number of sectors including: utilities; telecoms; transport; legal, and the public sector (Local and Central Government). Highly experienced in the delivery of complex projects and programmes, both technical (application & Infrastructure) and business related. Recent competed projects have included: Major business
A highly experienced SC cleared PRINCE2 Project manager with a history of successful delivery within a number of sectors including: utilities; telecoms; transport; legal, and the public sector (Local and Central Government). Highly experienced in the delivery of complex projects and programmes, both technical (application & Infrastructure) and business related. Recent competed projects have included: Major business change and transformation; Major IT software development and implementation and COTS procurement and implementation.
• Programme / Project Management (PRINCE2 practitioner since 2001)
• Business Transformation / Change Management
• Stakeholder Management
• 3rd Party / Vendor Management
• Team Leadership / Staff Management
• Software Development / Implementation / Software delivery life cycle (SDLC)
• Multi-project management
• Budget Management
• CRM, Master Data Management, Data Migration
• Oracle & Microsoft Toolkits
• Microsoft Office
• Waterfall / Agile
• Communication / Client Facing Skills
Project Manager @ Delivering a Security Risk Management strategy into DWP along with supporting software implementation and business change to allow consistent and better management of security risk across the department.
o Stakeholder management
o Project risk management, planning, documentation, governance
o System selection, procurement and cloud implementation
o Embedding of strategy into the business: Business re-structure; process and procedure change
o 3rd party management From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Leeds, United KingdomBusiness Owner @ Providing Project/Programme management, consultancy and advisory services to both the public and private sectors From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Halifax, United KingdomSenior Project Manager @ Project manager on the Niche programme, setting up the project to roll out a new RMS across Northants and the wider East Midlands region. This project was then handed over to an internal resource.
o Stakeholder management
o Project Governance, PMO Setup
o System implementation, major data conversion / migration
o Business change
o Team / 3rd party management From July 2015 to September 2015 (3 months) Northampton, United KingdomTransition / Change Project Manager @ Managing projects transitioning in an acquired company into the parent company (stakeholder / 3rd Party management, project governance, planning, risk management etc):
o Office Move – Contractor selection, Fit-Out management (inc. IT infrastructure)
o Embedding change, new processes and procedures into transitioned business
o Implementation of Cloud based Professional Services Automation (PSA) software
o Integration of existing systems across the businesses: Finance, HR (portal), and CRM
o Re-design of Sharepoint and document storage and procedures From January 2015 to July 2015 (7 months) Senior Transition / Change Project Manager @ Project managed the introduction / transition of new systems and processes into Staffordshire CC for the new Amey contract. Working to tight timescales and budgets.
o Stakeholder management
o Risk & issue management
o Process transition / change
o Complex Amey/Stafford systems integration (Confirm Asset management, Lagan CRM, SAP, Web Front End )
o Mobile applications delivery From July 2014 to January 2015 (7 months) Project Manager - Business Design And People Change @ Project manager for the Smart Metering Transition project within the business design and people change team. Part of a team delivering major systems and business change for Smart metering. Dealing with major stakeholders within the business, project workstream leads and third party suppliers to ensure the smooth delivery of new systems, processes and procedures within Npower metering. From January 2014 to July 2014 (7 months) Leeds, United KingdomBusiness Owner @ Providing Project/Programme management, consultancy and advisory services. Recent assignments have included: The Child Maintenance Group; London Underground; DVLA; DWP; Leeds City Council; Cheshire County Council; Intech Solutions; and Wolverhampton City Council. From April 2006 to February 2014 (7 years 11 months) Halifax, United KingdomSenior Change / Implementation Project Manager @ Project manager for £11m IVR project which forms part of a multi-million pound Telecoms ‘digital’ outsourcing programme. Business change and IT delivery:
o Replacement of existing IVR with new natural voice system
o Stakeholder management to senior level,
o 3rd Party supplier management
o Risk & issue management
o Budget management From July 2013 to January 2014 (7 months) Leeds, United KingdomDevelopment/Change Project Manager @ Project manager within the change directorate delivering business change and new IT systems
- Business process re-design, organisational restructure and IT development / delivery.
- Stakeholder management at all levels across multiple departments.
- Management of 3rd party vendors.
- Cutover planning and management. From July 2012 to July 2013 (1 year 1 month) Leeds, United KingdomSenior Project Manager @ Managing a range of business and safety critical delivery projects. These include: Railway Timetabling; Computerised Track Access Control Support procurement; Passenger modelling; and Network Incident Management system procurement and implementation. From August 2011 to July 2012 (1 year) London, United KingdomApplication Delivery Project Manager @ Project manager within DWPs multi-million pound transformation programme, delivering business change and IT systems
* Implementation of a complex CRM software integration solution
* Delivery of an infrastructure solution
* Management of multiple vendors (HP, Accenture and BT)
* Management of stakeholders across the business. From April 2010 to August 2011 (1 year 5 months) Blackpool, United KingdomPCI DSS Requirements Project Manager @ Project manager for the requirements and design elements of a project initiated to achieve Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) compliance across all e-commerce channels (web, telephony and agent) for the DVLA.
* Close working with internal stakeholders to clearly define complex requirements
* Management of 3rd party suppliers (ATOS Origin and IBM) to ensure that systems and integration requirements were translated into appropriate design documentation. From January 2010 to April 2010 (4 months) Swansea, United KingdomKnowledge Management Project Manager @ Project manager for the feasibility and product evaluation stage of a knowledge management project to introduce an integrated system for the accumulation, integration, manipulation, and access of data for use across the DVLA. From October 2009 to January 2010 (4 months) Swansea, United KingdomProject Manager @ Senior Project manager, working on a multi-million pound Future Contracting Strategy (FCS) programme:
* Project managed the commercial procurement processes of the Service Integration & Management contract and the contract extension with BT for the provision of network services
* Produced standard documentation (including PID, business case, project plan, RAID logs, and status reports); stakeholder management; risk & issue management; supplier management, resource management; budget management and OGC gateway reviews. From December 2008 to October 2009 (11 months) Warrington, United KingdomMDM Development / Implementation Project Manager @ Senior Project Manager for the Unique Customer Master Index (UCMI) and Master Data Management (MDM) project which formed part of the Councils overall Business Intelligence and Information Governance programme. From February 2008 to November 2008 (10 months) Leeds, United KingdomProject Manager @ Senior Project manager and advisor on the ‘Transforming Cheshire’ business transformation programme within the Children’s Services Directorate.Setting up of Project Management Office (PMO) processes and procedures. Managing corporate cross-cutting projects on behalf of Children’s Services. Projects included: implementation of shared services (P2P, I2C etc.); development and implementation of MI system; and the introduction of flexible & mobile working. Projects involved BPR work, organisational restructure and IT implementation. From August 2007 to February 2008 (7 months) Chester, United KingdomDevelopment Project Manager @ Project Managed (within an Agile environment) the development phase of a re-write of the company’s flagship web based software product from VB6 to .Net technology. The project has previously been failing and it involved managing a team of 10 developers (locally and offshore) to ensure timely delivery. From April 2007 to August 2007 (5 months) Leeds, United KingdomProject Manager @ Project manager on numerous projects using PRINCE2 methodology including: Housing Asset Management system implementation; Computer Output to Laser Disc; Print Rationalisation; Departmental migration to the Corporate network; Service Desk System Implementation; and Aventail Implementation From April 2006 to April 2007 (1 year 1 month) Wolverhampton, United KingdomProject Manager @ Software Implementation project manager for a number of implementation projects into Local Government Housing Associations and ALMO’s (up to 6 projects concurrently) using PRINCE2 methodology. Full project life cycle – pre-sales, business analysis, project planning, PID production, risk & issue management, resource planning, full financial responsibility From April 2005 to April 2006 (1 year 1 month) Leeds, United KingdomConsultant @ Provided clients with advice and coaching on: project and programme management (PRINCE2); risk management, Change management; and Business analysis. Project Management for Rochdale PCT within the NHS NPfIT programme; IT Service Best Value review for Sheffield City Council; Project Management of a feasibility study into the building of an offshore campus for Warwick University; Setting up of project management office for Oldham Social Services; Audit of project management procedures for Manchester University. From April 2004 to April 2005 (1 year 1 month) Leeds, United KingdomProject Manager @ Managed (using PRINCE2) numerous workflow, caseload management, time recording, CRM and accounts implementation projects within the public and private sector legal markets (budgets up to £2m). Clients included Legal firms, Local Government and Central Government From April 2002 to April 2004 (2 years 1 month) Leeds, United KingdomProject Manager @ Systems development project manager From April 2001 to April 2002 (1 year 1 month) Bradford, United KingdomIT Development Project Manager @ Project managed major in-house system developments using the ORACLE toolset. Worked on many of the Council’s e-Government initiatives. Acted as consultant for various Council departments. 10 years + experience of both Social Care and Housing. From February 1990 to April 2001 (11 years 3 months) Halifax, United Kingdom
Grange Upper SchoolIT in Buiness @ Huddersfield Polytechnic John Taylor is skilled in: Project Management, MS Project, SSADM, Local Government, Vendor Management, Master Data Management, Business Process Re-engineering, Stakeholder Management, Workflow, Case Managment, Project Governance, SDLC, Software Implementation, Public Sector, Microsoft Office
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension