Director of Finance - Industrial Engineering @ Safeway - Dominick's
Manager of Finance and Administrative Services @ Safeway - Dominick's
Manager of Internal Audit @ Safeway - National Accounting Service Center
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Accounting @
Arizona State University
Results oriented senior management professional with 22 years of experience in financial reporting, analysis, forecasting, budgeting, cash management, accounting, auditing and controls for a retail grocery organization. Solid interpersonal skills and cross-functional team interactions (operations, merchandising, accounting, distribution, human resources and real estate) coupled with effective leadership abilities. Successful at reorganizing, streamlining, and strengthening financial operations to
Results oriented senior management professional with 22 years of experience in financial reporting, analysis, forecasting, budgeting, cash management, accounting, auditing and controls for a retail grocery organization. Solid interpersonal skills and cross-functional team interactions (operations, merchandising, accounting, distribution, human resources and real estate) coupled with effective leadership abilities. Successful at reorganizing, streamlining, and strengthening financial operations to maximize performance and profitability. Responds to operational and financial challenges with confidence, determination, and focus.
Director of Finance - Industrial Engineering @ • Establish and maintain labor standards including developing store specific labor budget adjustments for abnormal characteristics.
• Analyze sales and labor trends to provide senior management with guidance to achieve and exceed salary targets.
• Maintain fair and unbiased reporting of store labor controls.
• Develop the division’s annual labor plan and monthly/quarterly forecasts.
• Work with retail operations and corporate FP&A in the planning and forecasting of store and department level wage expense.
• Provide training and store support for WFM labor scheduler, Workbrain and master scheduling.
• Identify, evaluate, implement and track cost savings initiatives and other process improvements.
• Develop and manage miscellaneous income opportunities including lottery, in-store bank rent and cardboard recycling.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of store and vendor service programs including janitorial, trash, laundry and armored car expenses. From February 2012 to Present (3 years 11 months) Greater Chicago AreaManager of Finance and Administrative Services @ • Managed a finance department in a fast paced environment. Reduced staff 30% through solid time management, effective communication and working more efficiently.
• Provided senior and operations management with accurate and timely financial trend and variance analysis. Developed many reports that track sales, gross margin, inventory shrink and expenses used by operators to manage their business.
• Acted as a liaison between the division and the national accounting service center by performing period end reviews of accounting information to ensure the integrity of the financial statements. Extremely resourceful in identifying opportunities and addressing accounting concerns, which saved hundreds of thousands of dollar in expense for the division each year.
• Implemented policies related to proper accounting procedures and internal controls. By working with the various operating areas, I helped develop and implement action plans in response to stores' internal audit results and SOX compliance requirements.
• Participated in financial planning and quarterly forecasting of sales, gross margin and all O&A expenses.
• In the absence of the Vice President of Finance, I stepped into the role to present financial results during period staff meetings, participated in corporate conference calls and took part in operational meetings.
• Trained employees on issues impacting gross margin, inventories, shrink, revenues and expenses. Conducted many financial skills training classes for district, store, merchandising managers and field employees. From August 1999 to February 2012 (12 years 7 months) Greater Chicago AreaManager of Internal Audit @ From March 1996 to August 1999 (3 years 6 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaAccounting Manager @ From February 1995 to March 1996 (1 year 2 months) Audit Supervisor @ From July 1991 to February 1995 (3 years 8 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaStaff Accountant, Auditor and Tax Preparer @ From 1990 to 1991 (1 year) Phoenix, Arizona Area
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ Lewis University From 2008 to 2010 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Accounting @ Arizona State UniversityCertified Public Accountant - State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation John Lenczycki CPA, MBA is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling, Financial Forecasting, Financial Reporting, Strategic Financial Planning, Process Improvement, Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Auditing, Labor Management, Labor Control, Budget Monitoring, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Budgets
Looking for a different
John Lenczycki CPA, MBA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension