Bachelor of Science (BS), Business Administration - Finance & Accounting, GPA: 3.75 @
University of Tennessee-Knoxville
Prior to joining First Advantage Bank, John spent 25+ years in the securities industry working with money managers and hedge funds in managing their equity portfolios. John has analyzed 100s of companies in all kinds of industries. In 2009, he was a founding partner of Thompson Research Group (TRG), an equity research firm offering unique, in-depth primary
Prior to joining First Advantage Bank, John spent 25+ years in the securities industry working with money managers and hedge funds in managing their equity portfolios. John has analyzed 100s of companies in all kinds of industries. In 2009, he was a founding partner of Thompson Research Group (TRG), an equity research firm offering unique, in-depth primary research in the building materials, building products, construction equipment, engineering & construction, diversified industrials, and related industries for institutional investors and industry participants. Prior to TRG John was a managing director and institutional sales person at Avondale Partners where he was voted Institutional Investor’s best of the buy side sales by his clients. John started his career in 1986 at Drexel Burnham Lambert in the mini-institution group. After the demise of Drexel he went to work with Morgan Keegan in 1989 as an institutional sales person. In 2000 as a managing director at First Tennessee Bank he helped start an equity division called FTN Midwest Research.
John earned his BS in Finance and was a walk on football player at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. John earned his MBA from Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management.
As a former business owner and with this background and experience, he is focusing his financial services career on serving small to medium sized business owners in Tennessee.
John has two children. His daughter, Katherine, is currently a Genetics Counselor in Memphis, TN. His son, Garrett, is currently a project manager for Schindler Elevator in New Orleans, LA.
VP, Business Banking Relationship Manager @ First Advantage Bank is unique in that the executive management team and board members are all successful entrepreneurs and ex-commercial real estate professionals. This lends a unique perspective when making decisions to fund growth. I am working with a team who approaches each request from the perspective of a "business owner" first. We specialize in working with other small business entrepreneurs, commercial and residential real estate, rental property and construction.
Successful entrepreneurs banking successful entrepreneurs. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Mentor @ From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Board Member @ From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Financial Services Rep @ As a Financial Representative with the Principal Financial Group®, John focuses on the needs and priorities of Businesses, Business Owners and their Executives. Including Succession Planning, Wealth Transfer, Business Protection, Income Protection, Retirement Income, Survivor Income and Executive Compensation. From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Founder | Director of Sales @ Co-Founder and Director of Sales
• Co-Founded a Construction & Industrials focused idependent research firm, capitalizing on secular changes in the traditional sell-side investment banking model. Helped in the establishment of an institutional equity division for First Tennessee Bank.
• Established best practices and directed all sales efforts for a fast growing start up.
• Managed 60+ accounts and responsible for client management and prospecting efforts.
• Covered accounts in New York, Boston, MidAtlantic, TX, and San Francisco. From May 2009 to May 2012 (3 years 1 month) Managing Director Institutional Equity Sales @ Managing Director – Institutional Equity Sales
• Generated annual revenue of over $2.5MM.
• Consistently a top 3 producer and developed new accounts every year.
• Double digit increases in commission revenue every year. From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Managing Director Institutional Equity Sales @ Managing Director – Institutional Equity Sales
• Helped in the establishment of an institutional equity division for First Tennessee Bank.
• Assisted in the acquisition of Midwest Research in January 2001.
• Double digit increases in commission revenue every year.
• Consistently a top 5 producer and developed new accounts every year.
• Extensive account knowledge and relationship in NY, Midwest, TX, and Denver. From January 2001 to 2007 (6 years) Director Institutional Equity Sales @ Institutional Equity Sales From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Director Institutional Equity Sales @ Institutional Equity Sales
• Started my institutional sales career by prospecting inactive accounts.
• Generated over $1MM in commissions in year 2 all from previously inactive accounts.
• Established 144 restricted stock sales for the firm.
• Double digit increases in commission revenue every year.
• Managed 40+ accounts that generated over $2MM in commissions my last year.
• Last five years at firm was consistently a top 5 producer.
• Covered accounts in New York and Chicago. From 1989 to 2000 (11 years) Institutional Equity Sales @ High Net Worth Sales
• Finished in the top of my training class (over 100 interns).
• Started from scratch cold calling to build a book of business.
• Achieved Presidents Council status every year (highest sales category). From 1986 to 1989 (3 years)
Master of Business Administration, Concentrations: Finance/Accounting, GPA: 3.5 @ Vanderbilt University - Owen Graduate School of Management From 1984 to 1986 Bachelor of Science (BS), Business Administration - Finance & Accounting, GPA: 3.75 @ University of Tennessee-Knoxville From 1978 to 1982 John Fink is skilled in: Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Lending, New Business Development, Small Business Lending, Sales, Consultative Sales Professional, Entrepreneurial Organizations, Relationship Marketing, Prospecting Skills, Financial Services, Investments, Equity Research, Private Equity, Hedge Funds
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension