Director of Business and Practice Development @ PSMG
Senior Biopharmaceutical Representative @ Amgen
2014 Regional Business Development Manager of the Year
Dynamic, top-performing Sales and Marketing Expert with 15+ years of experience forging key relationships with cross functional industry leaders and subsequently selling products and services to healthcare professionals. Proven ability to exeed monthly and annual quotas in addition to increasing territory sales and/or maket share by a significant margin.
2014 Regional Business Development Manager of the Year
Dynamic, top-performing Sales and Marketing Expert with 15+ years of experience forging key relationships with cross functional industry leaders and subsequently selling products and services to healthcare professionals. Proven ability to exeed monthly and annual quotas in addition to increasing territory sales and/or maket share by a significant margin. Identify and develop new business opportunities to provide highly technical products and services. Demonstrated success in launching new products and services, and penetrating existing products into different markets. Insightful communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, capable of establishing lucrative and significant relationships with clients, peers, and superiors.
Regional Business Development Manager @ Oxford Healthcare IT delivers experienced functional and technical consultants to ensure hospitals and physician practices realize their investment in information technology. From planning and assessment through implementation and upgrades, Oxford's national network of consultants provides the expertise and independent advice you need to guide your revenue cycle, clinical systems, electronic medical records and related IT projects. We provide a comprehensive range of services and expertise for all major vendors' products. Oxford is a wholly-owned subsidiary of On Assignment, a diversified specialty staffing firm headquartered in Calabasas, CA. Visit our website at www.oxfordhcit.com. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Director of Business and Practice Development @ Launched an innovative suite of practice management services to hospital-based and individual pain physicians including EMR, billing, marketing, HR, and finance.
Initiated and managed various projects, producing marketing strategies and services for individual practices within the network, ultimately helping market the practice. Provided services to interventional pain physicians and physiatrists. Obtained new business utilizing strategies and tactics such as cold and warm calling as well as traveling to trade shows and scientific meetings to exhibit the services.
Launched plan to pain physicians, an integrated suite of practice management services that includes GE Centricity Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records Modules, medical billing, marketing, and finance. Managed process of web site design, construction, messaging, and maintenance. Qualified and maintained database of leads to produce prospects.
- Cultivated entire brand of national sales and multi-channel marketing materials including brochures, newsletters, and websites.
- Designed, implemented, and marketed scalable strategies to increase referrals from primary care physicians and medical specialists.
- Devised and constructed new streams of revenue generation and chose vendors for medical technology such as spinal cord stimulators and durable medical equipment.
- Developed the schedules and calendar and worked within marketing budget of ~$75K annually.
- Successfully increased client base from one to seven since March 2011 launch.
- Coordinated and developed all social media including PSMG Twitter. From June 2010 to November 2012 (2 years 6 months) Senior Biopharmaceutical Representative @ Provided current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Amgen's products and effectively communicated the clinical and economic benefits of the products. Traveled withing territory to hospitals and clinics to call on a specified universe of providers. Achieved territory sales by executing specific marketing strategies, which included delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
Responsible for servicing and managing accounts, which included ensuring product access and maintaining product contracts. Advocated for the patients, developing relationships with individuals within the practice including nursing staff, physicians, office managers, and benefit coordinators. Produced POA Tactical Plans and monthly reports to District Manager. From August 2001 to March 2010 (8 years 8 months) Senior Territory Manager @ Multi-specialty healthcare company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing innovative pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices and over-the-counter consumer products.
Led specialty pharmaceutical territory in large accounts and to 150 ophthalmologists. Grew market share across product lines. Utilized national thought leaders to deliver educational programs. Ensured achievement of territory sales objectives. Controlled, organized, and directed sales activities through both strategic and tactical activities and provided regular reports on specific targets, the market, as well as competitor activities. From 1996 to 2000 (4 years) Sales Manager @ From 1989 to 1996 (7 years)
MBA, Business Administration @ Southern New Hampshire University From 1997 to 2000 MMHSBA, Commication; Business Administration @ University of New Hampshire John Demeritt is skilled in: New Business Development, Business Strategy, Sales Management, Sales, Biopharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Product Launch, Strategy, Business Development, Selling, Marketing Strategy, Marketing, Leadership, Hospitals, Managed Care, Account Management, Management, Strategic Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension