Certificat de Langue et Civilisation Francaise, French Language, Literature, & History @
Proven leader with 20+ years of progressively successful business experience. Senior sales strategist who drives revenue by building high-impact teams and developing results-oriented relationships with internal and external partners. Leadership skills enabling fast creation of profitable new businesses. Extensive expertise driving revenue & collaboration at Microsoft divisions including; Windows Phone, Azure, Windows Update, Windows Marketplace, Office365, Bing,
Proven leader with 20+ years of progressively successful business experience. Senior sales strategist who drives revenue by building high-impact teams and developing results-oriented relationships with internal and external partners. Leadership skills enabling fast creation of profitable new businesses. Extensive expertise driving revenue & collaboration at Microsoft divisions including; Windows Phone, Azure, Windows Update, Windows Marketplace, Office365, Bing, adCenter, xBox, and MSIT.
---------- CORE STRENGTHS & COMPETENCIES ----------
• High-energy, positive leader with 20+ years of inspiring high performance
• Leadership that builds business from the ground up; developing go-to-market programs, building sales and support organizations, and executing like crazy
• Presentation and consultative communications skills that lead customers and colleagues to take measured risks that grow the business.
• Experienced in strategic partnerships to inspire collaborative cross-functional behavior and resulting in exceptional revenue growth in emerging areas of the business.
STRATEGY & EXECUTION
• Bold strategist who demonstrates and rewards innovative behavior, encourages measured risk-taking, and leads by example
• Architect of repeatable sales strategies that deliver phenomenal results
• Creator of global strategies and programs that deliver results and cut costs
• Solid market analysis skills that drive revenue
• Proven ability to identify OEM opportunities and monetize them
• Originator of strategies and programs that improve customer loyalty
• Provider of superior decision support for executive decision making
ALIGNED ON PURPOSE
• Consistent focus on creating the shortest, repeatable, sustainable path from opportunity to profitability: identifying market opportunity, developing a plan for realization, enrolling people in the vision, execution, and review
Sr Account Manager, Microsoft @ Responsible for strategy and sales leadership for entire EMC portfolio across all of Microsoft IT including 8 business group units. From August 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) Global Account Manager, Microsoft @ Leverage SaaS platform to drive analytics and performance improvements across 80+ Microsoft properties within 7 separate divisions in Microsoft's online service offerings. From January 2011 to August 2013 (2 years 8 months) Global Development Manager, Private Cloud @ Develop strategy and drive MS private cloud initiative across all 13 Microsoft subsidiaries world wide. Partners include Accenture, Avanade, HP, Dell, CapGemini, Sogeti, TCS, InfoSys, WiPro, Fujitsu From August 2009 to January 2011 (1 year 6 months) Senior Director, Information Governance Sales @ Leading team in the West, Central, and South to help customers reduce cost and improve accuracy of addressing eDiscovery demands.
--eDiscovery for transnational organizations
--Automating discovery response
--Automating email, search, discovery and hold functionality
--U.S. DoD 5015.2 certification From July 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 2 months) National Account Manager @ From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Sr Account Executive, Open Software @ Responsible for executing EMC's open software strategy in the Northwest. Information Lifecycle Management & multiplatform storage asset management. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Director Sales @ Responsible for market development SFO Bay Area to Western Canada. Focus on 1) Large organizations with a significant investment in storage assets and 2) Smaller companies with a vision for building a foundation with world-class operating efficiencies around IT management. From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) President @ Founded company to help customers solve an Enterprise Asset Management problem. Profitable within 6 months. Partnered with CreekPath, Fujitsu, Hitatchi Data Systems, Network Appliance, Brocade, and other industry leaders in storage management. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Vice President, West @ Built and led the west coast sales team for this SaaS subsidiary of the venture capital firm Safeguard Scientifics. Internet managed services business. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Director Sales and Consulting @ Built business from no presence or revenues to $20M and more than 20 consulting and sales employees while staying highly profitable every quarter.
Penetrated and developed ongoing Enterprise relationships with AT&T, Enron, PacifiCorp and other Fortune 500 accounts. Developed ongoing Performance Assessment Program for Sales Executives. Led development of overall client engagement methodology.
? Consistently placed in the top 10% of individual and regional performance.
? Initiated, planned and built the StorNet Professional Services organization; profitably run as a separate division within the company. Achieved profitability within first six months.
? Conceived and led the development of highly profitable productized service offering. From 1993 to 2000 (7 years)
BA, Foreign Trade & Investment @ University of Washington, Jackson School of International StudiesCertificat de Langue et Civilisation Francaise, French Language, Literature, & History @ Université Paris-Sorbonne John Brooks is skilled in: Sales Process, Strategic Partnerships, Enterprise Software, ITIL, Professional Services, Business Service Management, Cloud Computing, Negotiation, Business Alliances, SaaS, Managed Services, CRM, Leadership, Sales, Solution Selling
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension