President & Chief Technology Officer - Judge Consulting Group @ The Judge Group
Chief Technology Officer - Judge Consulting Group @ The Judge Group
Managing Director, Application Development & Integration @ The Judge Group
Hands-on Technical Leader – Enterprise Applications & Web-Facing Solutions
Versatile, hands-on technical leader with more than 15+ years strategic technology experience in software development, with extensive expertise with management, design, implementation, documentation, support, project leadership, Microsoft (.NET) and open-source technologies. Proven ability to lead seamless implementations and deliver next-generation technical solutions to improve revenue, margins and workplace
Hands-on Technical Leader – Enterprise Applications & Web-Facing Solutions
Versatile, hands-on technical leader with more than 15+ years strategic technology experience in software development, with extensive expertise with management, design, implementation, documentation, support, project leadership, Microsoft (.NET) and open-source technologies. Proven ability to lead seamless implementations and deliver next-generation technical solutions to improve revenue, margins and workplace productivity. Thorough knowledge of the complete software development process and ability to take a project from initial startup and analysis through to completion of production deployment and support. Certified ScrumMaster Practitioner and experienced Agile team coach.
HIGHLIGHTS OF TECHNICAL CAREER
- Architect and lead development of enterprise behavioral health EHR solution.
- Introduced Client Relationship Management System with off-line capabilities for Towers Perrin to manage clients, revenue and pipeline opportunities.
- Instituted lightweight application lifecycle management process by leveraging AGILE methodologies to improve time to market while maintaining quality.
- Migration of legacy applications to new technology to be more efficient and to enhance functionality of applications and lessen the cost of application maintenance
- Designed and implemented a secured system for exchanging data with external vendors
- Designed and implemented a role-based security system for all Towers Perrin internal and external applications
Chief Technology Officer @ John T. Battaglia is the Chief Technology Officer of Judge Technology Solutions, and oversees delivery for its project-based application solutions portfolio, while also supporting Judge’s mid-market clients streamline their vendor management and human capital management efforts. John has over 16 years of software industry experience and has completed extensive solutions development work in the areas of commercial software product development and enterprise IT architecture design and planning. John has experience in a range of technical leadership positions prior to joining The Judge Group. Previous roles include work as a technical leader at multiple high profile Healthcare and IT firms including CIGNA and Towers Perrin. John has been credited with development, implementation and delivery of numerous next-generation technical applications and services required to support both the Healthcare and Information Technology industry. From December 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Managing Director, Application Development & Integration @ The Judge Consulting Group (JCG) is a project based information and business technology consulting firm focusing on providing customized services for leveraging IT as a competitive advantage.
Managing Director of Application Development and Integration. Overall responsibility for several areas covering our consulting practice including Mobility Solutions, Content and Collaboration, Business Analytics and Intelligence. Provide day to day direction and oversight for our Infrastructure Consulting practice and responsibility to drive revenue generation and oversee client deliveries in each of these areas. From March 2011 to December 2013 (2 years 10 months) Managing Director, Software Development @ Managing Director of architecture and development teams, which consisting of programmers, analysts and managers (including offshore). Responsible for architecture and development of new version of Company’s flagship products and all aspects of product development, design, and vision.
- Developed the technology that will enable the company to enter the On-Demand/SaaS market with the same product and to develop a series of enterprise portal based products.
- Expanded product line to include an interactive business process and an analytics offering.
- Took the company’s products, strategy, and positioning from the middle of the pack for a market leader.
- Standardized development lifecycle management process
- Architect and lead development of an enterprise EHR solution for behavioral health Payors and Providers for Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and State of Delaware. From April 2010 to March 2011 (1 year) Software Development Manager @ Capitalized on software engineering and technology leadership to meet delivery schedules for external facing websites. Develop short and long term IT development and methodology strategies and manage the implementations. Responsible for developing enterprise architecture and serve as a technical leader for enterprise SOA projects and initiatives. Manage direct reports and multiple vendors that support a multi platform infrastructure.
- Brought a small market platform solution from managing $4M to now managing $20M+ in premiums and moving towards medium to large markets to handle $100M+.
- Turned around a failing FMLA system by partnering with vendor and taking the helm to meet aggressive delivery dates.
- Raised the bar in project delivery through AGILE software development
- Standardized development lifecycle management process. From February 2008 to April 2010 (2 years 3 months) President & Chief Executive Officer @ John Battaglia has executive management responsibility for Bidqo.com. He directs all functions including operations, sales, marketing, products, finance, and information technology. John works to ensure Bidqo’s products and services continue to help property owners find the help they need, and help construction professionals market their services. From 2007 to 2010 (3 years) Greater Philadelphia AreaIT Manager @ Promoted to build and manage engineering team, with an instrumental role in product roadmaps. Administered primary product direction leveraging build vs. buy decisions and feasible analysis of alternatives into new opportunities.
- Built cohesive teams, hiring junior software developers and creating comprehensive mentoring program for .NET based technologies and functional design.
- Developed software engineering standards and guidelines.
- Raised the bar in requirement gathering, design and development through Joint Application Development.
- Led the design and implementation of a global Human Resources Account Management System.
- Led the design and implementation of Reinsurance forecasting tracking system that determined the global natural events (ie – hurricane) risk probablities, which would increase opportunity. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Lead Software Engineer @ Lead developer of a team that builds and maintains multiple ASP.NET reinsurance applications. Responsible for all aspects of system development life cycle, which includes agile software development process. Responsible for evaluating and recommending technology tool sets to support development and business needs.
- Designed and implement client relationship manager application to manage company clients and prospects; this smart client application was built using MS application blocks (C#) with SQL express and merge replication to offer users the capability to work off-line.
- Designed and implement sales forecasting communication and reporting platform
- Designed and implemented a role-based security system for all internal and external applications
- Migrated existing classic ASP applications to ASP.NET. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Software Engineer @ Lead developer of a team that maintains multiple applications used for searching and reporting real estate listings and tax information. Responsible for all aspects of system development life cycle and maintenance. Assisted and evaluated junior developers.
- Established and true 24/7 external facing website; stabilized environment through SQL clustering and load balancing to manage 35K+ user base traffic into our web farm.
- Developed internal testing procedures including code reviews, unit testing and system integration testing.
- Designed and implemented a secured system for exchanging data with external vendors.
- Designed and implemented employee intranet site to manage PTO, profiles, backend reporting, etc. From 2000 to 2004 (4 years)
Management Science and Information Systems, Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services @ Penn State University From 1996 to 2000 John Battaglia is skilled in: Architecture, Budgeting, Business Strategy, Team Building, Business Intelligence, Business Management, Change Management, Product Development, Healthcare, Leadership Development, Team Leadership, Mentoring, Social Media, ASP.NET, New Business Development