Joe is a well known industry leader specializing in resolving complex business problems, delivering critical initiatives in business transformation, creating successful methodologies & governance models while providing solid leadership and having functional expertise in both business & technology disciplines in multiple industry verticals. He is driven to ensure companies operate with the most optimal business and technology
Joe is a well known industry leader specializing in resolving complex business problems, delivering critical initiatives in business transformation, creating successful methodologies & governance models while providing solid leadership and having functional expertise in both business & technology disciplines in multiple industry verticals. He is driven to ensure companies operate with the most optimal business and technology models based on industry best practices saving millions of dollars for companies.
Joe heads the Advisory Resources Committee of the NJ SIM Foundation.
Joe is an active advisor with BWG Strategy and steering committee member of the Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) of the Object Management Group (OMG).
Joe has earned a Masters of Engineering in Engineering Management with Honors from Stevens Institute of Technology and a MBA in Finance and Accounting with Honors from Regis University. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Detroit - Mercy, Masters Certificates in Organization Leadership, Six Sigma, Applied Project Management and Information Systems and Technology Project Management from Villanova University and Graduate Certificates in Systems Engineering & Architecting and Systems Engineering Management from Stevens Institute of Technology.
Joe holds certifications as an ITIL V3 Foundation Professional, Outsourcing Professional (COP), Project Management Professional (PMP) and Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB).
- Big Data & Cloud Computing
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Business Transformation
- Change & Risk Management
- Digital Transformation
- Emerging Technology
- Enterprise Security
- Global Sourcing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- IT Governance & Innovation
- IT Portfolio Management
- Managed & Shared Services
- Machine to Machine (M2M)
- Strategic Planning
- Unified Communications (UC)
Chief Architect & Director Strategy and Innovation @ Responsible to help the top Fortune 50 clients of AT&T deliver on their strategies by; leveraging AT&T and third party technologies, articulating the strategic needs of the client to influence the future of AT&T product technologies and business strategies, and provide leadership and industry expertise to develop industry solutions designed to satisfy business challenges in Big Data, Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT), Machine to Machine (M2M), Mobility, Security and Unified Communications (UC). Highlights:
- Lead the Conversation about Conceptual, Disruptive or Sustaining Innovations
- Connect Clients to AT&T’s Rich Pool of Innovation and Research Resources
- Review Client’s Corporate Business Objectives and align the them to their Technology Roadmap
- Assist in matching Technology Options and Product Choices to Business Solutions
- Provide Insights into Industry Research across a Broad Range of Technologies From 2013 to Present (2 years) Portfolio Partner @ Responsible to be the key interface with the Verizon Regional Sales Leadership and the Verizon Global Services Team to serve as a strategic business-partner for the large, multi-solution clients of Verizon. Through analytical research and relationship building, propose strategic solutions that drive opportunity growth and a broader and deeper relationship with the clients. Highlights:
- Onsite Trusted Advisor & Engagement Manager for the entire Verizon Portfolio which include Cloud Computing, Infrastructure, IT Advisory Services, Enterprise Security & Managed Services.
+ Provided daily interaction & understanding of customer strategic objectives to provide them with strategic and tactical solutions.
For Consumer Goods: Strategy & roadmap for VDI in the Cloud ($35+ M Initiative), PMO & Portfolio Management Governance and ITIL ITSM Roadmap
For Financial Services: Data Loss Protection strategy & rollout ($10+ M Initiative), Hybrid Cloud Computing Strategy, Technology & Data Center Transformation
For Utilities: Technology & Data Center Transformation ($300+ M Initiative), Outsourcing Advisory, ITIL ITSM Roadmap, Portfolio Management of IT Strategic Initiatives
+ Regularly met with client management & executive team to foster IT innovation, prioritization and management of client IT Strategic Roadmaps
+ Provided Thought Leadership & Best Practices to solve business and technology problems with the breadth of solutions from the entire Verizon Portfolio
+ Held quarterly thought leadership workshops on industry topics & key business challenges.
- As part of Verizon Leadership Team volunteered to serve as a mentor & coach to develop high-performing individuals From 2011 to 2013 (2 years) Adjunct Professor, Business Division @ Hired as a Adjunct Professor to teach in the MBA Program which is a part of the Business Division for the college. From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Senior Manager @ Responsible for delivery management and business development in the Financial Services Sector within the New York Tri-State area. Highlights:
- Led $30+ M & 30+ individuals for Asset & Liability Management program for GE Corporate Treasury.
- Member of Governance Team for Wealth Management system implementation for USBank.
- Provided expertise & guidance on transition strategy & planning for AMS deal with Prudential.
- Provided expertise & guidance on creation of Shared Services Model within SunGard Global Trading.
- Engagement Manager for a SunGard Global Trading Data Center migration which involves the migration of thirty-five client trading systems (25+ individuals).
- Engagement Manager for the integration, customization and implementation of a SunGard Wealth Management system for Muriel Siebert (15+ individuals).
- Engagement Manager for the customization & implementation of three SunGard products (Investor’sView, AddVantage, and STNFunds) for Raymond James (20+ individuals).
- Served a career coach to develop, mentor, support and promote junior individuals.
- Actively built relationships across the SunGard Divisions for strategic partnerships in the pursuit of cross-selling opportunities. From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Greater New York City AreaAssociate @ Responsible for delivery management and business development in the Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Practice in the Government Sector within the New York Tri-State area. Highlights:
- Key member of the Business Development and RFP response team for large scale and complex systems engineering solutions.
- Developed key fact sheets & capability documents to promote the Booz Allen SE&I practice
- Advisor for the development of effective portfolio management procedures & tools for a large government agency.
- Developed & executed overall Efficiency & Effectiveness Review of a critical Change Management initiative with the New York City Transit Capital Program Management Office (20+ individuals).
- Developed & implemented key process indicators (KPIs) and metrics for the quantitative analysis of process improvement initiatives.
- Developed pilot surveys & conducted group feedback sessions for the qualitative analysis of process improvement initiatives (50+ individuals).
- Developed implementation & training plans for process improvement initiatives. From 2009 to 2009 (less than a year) Senior Director @ Responsible for building, implementing and governing Lean Six Sigma, outsourcing, program management, vendor management and financial management for the technology department. Highlights:
- Co-built & directed the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Developed & directed a Request for Proposal process for the selection of off-shore vendors for the development of multi-million dollar systems.
- Implemented an Outsourcing Governance Model for managing on-shore & off-shore resources.
- Managed vendor relationships with Syntel, TCG and Mphasis to maximize quality, efficiencies, cost savings and adherence to contract terms and conditions after negotiating all consultant service agreements and statements of works.
- Negotiated rate reductions for on-site consultants with average saving of 10% on their hourly rates.
- Developed & oversaw critical weekly and monthly performance & delivery metrics to the business
- Created & oversaw the $5+ M dollar capital expense budget.
- Implemented a purchase order, time & expense tracking process to effectively formulate Total Cost of Ownership of all IT systems. From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Director @ Responsible for risk management, relationship management and business process management in the area of outsourcing, service management and program management along with governing mission-critical outsourcing initiatives and vendor relationships with global cross-functional teams. Highlights:
- Led 100+ individuals on a $45+ M outsourcing implementation and monitored of the enterprise-wide service desk and site support to Wipro and Unisys.
- Initiated key improvements in outsourcing initiatives with Cognizant, WNS, and SITEL for software development and business processing, across the enterprise, providing best practices and techniques in SLA’s, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Managed the divestiture of S&P Funds (North America) to Morningstar which completed ahead of schedule (20+ individuals)
- Co-built & executed the PMO strategy for the Global Operations Group for successful standardizations.
- Led the enterprise strategic planning to migrate to a new $150+ million state-of-the-art data center (30+ individuals).
- Directed the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide dashboard & reporting system (Business Objects).
- Oversaw the migration to a single instance of an enterprise project management system (HP PPM) to provide portfolio and financial management across all divisions. From 2004 to 2007 (3 years) IT Portfolio Manager @ Responsible for managing on-shore and off-shore solutions for bond rating solution development activities within the Structured Finance Group along with presiding over critical business and technology initiatives dealing with business process management, software portfolio management, risk management and vendor management. Highlights:
- Established effective relationships with internal customer groups in operations, business and technology segments to make stronger partnerships in business process improvement and technology engagements.
- Implemented a strong portfolio management framework for the Structured Finance applications and executed improvement decisions increasing the productivity levels of the Rating Analysts.
- Directed MphasiS for offshore application development of a new CDOi web-based platform.
- Managed CRISIL for offshore business process outsourcing for Bond Surveillance Reports.
- Oversaw an enterprise project management software tool (Clarity) rollout for improving the management and dashboard reporting of the $100+ million bond-rating pipeline.
- Directed the selection and implementation of an enterprise business process management system (Pegasystems) for a proof of concept to stream-line the strategic business processes for rating bonds. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Senior Manager @ Responsible for the selling and delivery of business process outsourcing services to Global Financial Services Firms such as Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, RR Donnelley, and Geller & Co. by collaborating with CxO’s to grasp their problems allowing for the design and deliver of critical solutions. Highlights:
- Key player in new business development initiatives and revenue enhancements; collaborated with executive management team to pursue new business development. Participated and managed aspects of the proposal development process; contributed to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Built solid understanding of client’s business requirements, formulated solutions, developed business case justifications, provided cost/benefit analysis, and successfully communicated the ideas to win business.
- Monitored and tracked key outsourcing initiatives from transition planning to implementation which deepened and grew client relationships resulting in follow-on sales. Implemented new business process techniques and Six Sigma improvement processes for efficiency and profitability improvements. From 2004 to 2004 (less than a year) Management Consultant @ Founder of the management consultant firm and responsible for the selling and delivery of business and technology strategies around enterprise content management, workflow solutions, systems re-engineering & integration, process re-design & improvement across industries with the following clients: American Lawyer Media, BMG Music, Cancer Hope Network, Corvus, Credit Suisse-First Boston, EBS Dealing Resources, Merck-Medco, Merrill Lynch, Prudential, Target Research Associates and Tiffany & Co. Highlights:
- Advised clients in the effective and efficient utilization of outsourcing.
- Provided technology strategy to clients for improving their business and technology processes.
- Navigated company to focus on cultivating and pursuing sales leads, marketing, new business development, building client solutions and partner relationships.
- Oversaw engagement planning and budgeting; mobilized and managed engagement teams; defined deliverable structure and content; facilitated buy-in of proposed solutions.
- Directed on-time, quality delivery of work products; managed engagement economics and risks. From 1995 to 2004 (9 years) Captain / Infantry Officer @ Before receiving my honorable discharge in March of 1999, my last assignment was Assistant Brigade Military Intelligence Officer after successfully completing my command assignment of an Infantry Company Commander. From 1983 to 1999 (16 years) Senior Solutions Architect @ Responsible for managing the design, development, implementation of client server, document management, workflow and data warehousing solutions for the Technology Division of Talegan Holdings Company serving the following insurance companies: Coregis Insurance Group, Crum & Forster Insurance Group, Industrial Indemnity Insurance Group, International Insurance Co., and Westchester Specialty Group. Highlights:
- Implemented a standardized platform and framework for client server development transitioning the organization away from mainframe resulting in working with newer technology and saving costs.
- Managed the implementation of enterprise document management and workflow solutions increasing the efficiency of business processes along with the retrieval and handling of documents.
- Architected client server systems utilizing the financial, insurance, and human resource data located on their mainframe system and Lotus Notes database servers. From 1993 to 1995 (2 years) Senior Solutions Consultant @ Responsible for management consulting services to IBM’s strategic accounts valued at $20+ million annually and concentrated on development of solutions in the area of document management, work flow and business process improvements for the following clients: Arizona Department of Taxation, Arizona Department of Transportation, Arizona Salt River Project, California Department of Vital Records, Columbia University, Illinois Department of Transportation, Illinois State Police and Maryland State Income Tax. Highlights:
- Managed a technology swat team for IBM that audited and validated the work of other vendors, improving overall client satisfaction by meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- Leveraged document management and workflow technology to contribute to successful business process improvement and business transformation initiatives. From 1991 to 1993 (2 years) Senior Solutions Consultant @ Responsible for management consulting services to IBM’s strategic accounts valued at $20+ million annually and concentrated on development of solutions in the area of document management, work flow and business process improvements for the following clients: Arizona Department of Taxation, Arizona Department of Transportation, Arizona Salt River Project, California Department of Vital Records, Columbia University, Illinois Department of Transportation, Illinois State Police and Maryland State Income Tax. Highlights:
- Managed a technology swat team for IBM that audited and validated the work of other vendors, improving overall client satisfaction by meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- Leveraged document management and workflow technology to contribute to successful business process improvement and business transformation initiatives. From 1991 to 1993 (2 years) Systems Engineer @ Responsible for solutions development and delivery of enterprise solutions in the area of claims processing, imaging, document management and workflow for clients such as Alexander & Alexander, Apple, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Freight Liner, General Motors and U.S. Army. Highlights:
- Key member of a team that designed and developed a common engineering change system for the General Motors Component Divisions.
- Worked with alpha and beta versions of software and hardware products from top industry leaders to analyze the ability to integrate them into enterprise open systems. From 1988 to 1991 (3 years)
Master's of Engineering @ Stevens Institute of Technology From 2009 to 2011 MBA @ Regis University From 2006 to 2007 Master’s Certificates @ Villanova University From 2004 to 2005 United States Army Infantry School From 1987 to 1987 Bachelor of Science @ University of Detroit Mercy From 1982 to 1987 United States Army Infantry School From 1986 to 1986 Commissioned Officer @ United States Army Infantry School From 1985 to 1985 H.S. Diploma @ Clintondale High School From 1978 to 1982 Joe Talik is skilled in: Global Sourcing, Outsourcing Management, Shared Services, Shared Services Implementation, ITIL, Lean Sigma, Six Sigma, Business Transformation, Strategic Planning, Program Management, Project Portfolio Management, Management Consulting, IT Strategy, IT Governance, Business Process Improvement