Managing Director Consulting Services @ Callidus Software Inc.
Growth oriented C-level executive experience leading turnaround and fast growing organizations in healthcare and technology industries from early stage to mature companies. Strong record of achieving growth in dynamic changing environments by building strong cultures, and teams that drive accountability. Expert at evaluating markets, building brands, creating strong targeted sales funnels and focusing on the right opportunities.
Growth oriented C-level executive experience leading turnaround and fast growing organizations in healthcare and technology industries from early stage to mature companies. Strong record of achieving growth in dynamic changing environments by building strong cultures, and teams that drive accountability. Expert at evaluating markets, building brands, creating strong targeted sales funnels and focusing on the right opportunities. Excellent negotiation skills with demonstrated capacity to consistently close large contracts. Hands on operations and implementation experience in world class business processes.
• Turned-around a venture backed healthcare software company, positioning it for growth and ultimately successful sale to a strategic buyer. Grew revenues by 600% over a four year period. Developed a new market strategy, built the #1 EMR product brand, and improved product quality and client support.
• Launched new federal healthcare practice for UNISYS. Secured a high profile $139M+ national contract to re-engineer patient intake, design third-party billing system, and provide a new billing solution for the Veterans Affairs’ (VA) 162 hospitals and 900 clinics.
• Transformed a sales team and the go to market approach for a software company resulting in an 85% win rate over the competition.
• Restored profitability and growth to an international gaming company by increasing revenues by 500% and margins by112% and expanding to markets in Europe and Australia.
Specialties: Business Development, Operations, Turn Around, Software Development, Customer relations, Sales Organization Management, Budgeting Forecasting & Analysis, Branding, FDA Software Regulations, Meaningful Use, Contracts & Negotiations, Quality Assurance.
CEO @ CEO (INTERIM)
VOWHS, is a value added reseller (VAR) for GE, software of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and back-office financial solutions for Physician Clinics. VOWHS provides implementation and training services, software support and hosting for the GE products it resells.
• Brought in by Board and Investors to turnaround the company after acquiring it in 2013.
• Restructured the company and eliminated several low revenue producing products and solution initiatives. Cut costs by 25% in the first 3 months.
• Developed a new strategy and identified new product lines for growth and profitability. Increased profitability by 54% over last year. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) President & CEO @ AmkaiSolutions, is a software and services provider of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and back-office financial solutions for Physician Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Surgical Hospitals. Tasked with turning-around the organization and building the sales and management structure to drive revenue growth and eventual sale.
• Establishing AmkaiSolutions as the best in class EMR solution for Ambulatory Surgery Centers. (Source: Parsons Institute for Information Mapping).
• Increased revenues 600% over 4 years.
• Rebuilt senior management team and implemented department level metrics, reorganized sales and marketing, transitioned support center from call back to a direct take model, and focused company on growth and margin expansion initiatives.
• Led sale of Company to strategic buyer. From October 2009 to March 2014 (4 years 6 months) Managing Director Consulting Services @ Callidus Software is the leading provider of Sales Performance Management (SPM) software and services to companies worldwide. Callidus customers use SPM to optimize their variable incentive compensation plans,
manage quotas and sales strategies.
• Consistently exceeded P&L for services target revenues, margin and resources utilization. Sold over $35 million of implementation and consulting services
• Developed System Integration (SI) Partner program to increase the sale of software licenses.
• Revamped services delivery process and rolled out software as a service (SaaS). Improved client satisfaction and reduce implementation timeline by 50%. From June 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 4 months) Greater New York City AreaPartner @ Unisys provides systems integration, consulting, outsourcing and technology services.
• Launched new federal healthcare practice for UNISYS. Secured high profile $139M+ national contract to re-engineer patient intake, design third-party billing system, and provide a new billing solution for the Veterans Affairs’ (VA) 162 hospitals and 900 clinics.
• Successfully landed multiple multi-million dollar contracts. Recognized with 3 Gold Medal Club awards for establishing new business and exceeding sales targets.
• Built delivery team of 100+ consultants. From March 2003 to May 2007 (4 years 3 months) President & COO @ Venture backed provider of mobile device middle-ware software and applications for the financial and entertainment industries.
• Drove development and delivered round breaking products wireless communication solutions. Generated more than $4 million annual revenue.
• Secured prominent clients in the financial services industries for pioneering wireless banking applications—e.g., Citigroup, Fidelity, Smith Barney, JP Morgan, Chase, First Boston.
• Negotiated wireless entertainment content contracts with national wireless carriers: SBC, Sprint, AT&T, and Cingular.
• Spearheaded road-show presentations to VC firms and raised 2 rounds of capital totaling $10 million. From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Greater New York City AreaPresident & COO @ Gaming company building Video Lottery terminal (VLT), video games and point of sale machines for lottery tickets.
• Invigorated growth and restored profitability by revamping product design, processes, and market branding.
• Aggressively expanded sales in global markets (Australia, Sweden, Netherlands and Canada); sold the largest contract in company history-$80M over 4-year agreement.
• Raised $5M+ equity funding. From 1997 to 2000 (3 years) Partner @ Andersen Consulting provides strategy systems integration, consulting, outsourcing and technology services.
Promoted to Partner in 6 years. Held full revenue and operational responsibility for 3 separate practices (Health Care, Government Group, and Synerlogic (a technology consulting subsidiary). Grew the healthcare practice 400% and land a key $69 million contract for the Government Group. From 1980 to 1996 (16 years)
MBA, Marketing & Finance @ York University Joe Macies is skilled in: P&L Management, Professional Services, Management Consulting, Strategy Development, Executive Management, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Start-ups, P&L, Contract Negotiations, New Business Development, Consultative Selling, Business Management, Business Planning, Competitive Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension