Franchise Owner & Director @ One River School of Art + Design
Proven leadership in large corporate organizations and entrepreneurial, start-up expertise. Senior marketing executive with extensive Sales, Marketing, and Business Development experience. Solid team player, with the highest level of integrity and decision-making ability. P&L savvy, visionary and highly strategic, strong relationship builder with all levels of an organization, internally and externally. High-level corporate background, along with Co-Founder
Proven leadership in large corporate organizations and entrepreneurial, start-up expertise. Senior marketing executive with extensive Sales, Marketing, and Business Development experience. Solid team player, with the highest level of integrity and decision-making ability. P&L savvy, visionary and highly strategic, strong relationship builder with all levels of an organization, internally and externally. High-level corporate background, along with Co-Founder start-up experience, provides solid foundation to leverage diverse skills in a dynamic organization.
Expertise that Accelerates Growth
• Visionary Leader with Excellent Communication Skills • Superb Collaborator & Team Leader
• Creative Marketer & Businesses Development Expert • Strong Relationship Builder
• C-level Strategic Sales Executive & General Manager • Savvy Technology & Financial Leader
• Established a Market Development Organization at Post Foods, leading a team of 35+ individuals, responsible for Category Management, Trade Strategy & Operations, Merchandising & Sales Operations, and Analytics & Reporting.
• Chief Marketing Officer of largest division of CIT Group, leading a team of marketers and agencies to execute marketing plans across several divisions.
• Senior corporate leader with a great entrepreneurial experience that is very unique, including becoming the Co-Founder of a real-time golf technology company.
• Thought leader that is an expert at driving results and accountability.
• Key areas of expertise include launching new products, customer segmentation, and driving growth.
• Strong leadership, collaboration, and a driven work ethic with focused and relentless passion.
Specialties: Consumer Packaged Goods, Digital Media and Marketing, Consulting, Mobile, Sports Technology, Financial Services.
- Executive Leadership
- Chief Sales Officer
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Financial Innovator
- Technology Savvy
- Mobile Marketing
- Strategic Branding
Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing @ Reporting to the CEO, create and implement the Sales and Marketing strategy for the launch of TrueCred™, an innovative digital credential processing platform, into the US (initially) and Global marketplace.
• Determine and execute the launch sales and marketing strategy into the US (initially) and global market. Establish customer acquisition targets over a planned timeline to achieve overall revenue and profit goals.
• Recommend and establish sales channels through which the TrueCred™ platform will be sold. Build relationships within industry segments to develop strategic partnerships and key customers.
• Aligns planning, revenue forecasting, and budgeting with overall corporate objectives, establishing high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
• Provides leadership to the sales organization and trusted counsel to the CEO, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals.
• Establish a comprehensive marketing and brand strategy for the business focusing on the products, sales channels, and competitive position while driving marketing programs.
• Integrates marketing analytics and reporting into the overall sales and company operational model. Coordinate all website and marketing material development.
• Lead brand development and strategy as a global leader in establishing open standards for security and data interoperability.
• Establish a strategic communication plan, including social media strategy, to communicate Accreditrust’s Mission, internally and externally.
• Identify marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing and evaluating advertising and digital marketing strategy. Utilize new media tools effectively as appropriate.
• Coordinate intelligence-gathering in order to deepen the understanding of clients, channel partners, and competitors, as well as the future of the industry and the industries served to provide inputs to strategic planning. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Managing Consultant @ Providing consulting services for small and large corporate businesses and start-up organizations, including sales, marketing, business development, and overall strategic business support.
• Created and implemented sales compensation plan to better align sales goals and overall company performance.
• Developed strategic marketing plan and key metrics to determine target audiences that offer highest sales growth and profitability.
• Provided key consulting advice and direction for start-up, social-media technology organization, including financing, sales, and marketing support. From April 2014 to April 2015 (1 year 1 month) Vice President, Market Development @ Key liaison for Sales & Marketing, leading the Market Development Team of 35+ individuals, consisting of:
* Category Management - strategy, analysis, and monitoring of the 4 P’s: Product/Pricing/Promotion/Placement, new product introductions and planning on a Brand level across all Customers. Improved alignment between sales and marketing via enhanced communication and brand selling stories. Won Progressive Grocer award for developing Breakfast Breakthrough category platform to enhance integrated selling story to retailer community.
* Trade Operations Strategy & Management- lead trade funds strategy, tracking, and ad hoc analysis, including Customer Segmentation model and Trade Spend Strategy & Optimization for a several hundred million-dollar budget across multiple customer channels. Increased ROI and created more effective trade spending through focused strategy and implementation plan.
* Merchandising & Sales Operations – greatly improved focus on merchandising and display strategy and execution, leading to increased sales results with key customers. Improved Planning, Communication and Deployment operations by establishing best practices and functional training for sales leadership. Utilized enhanced communication methods to improve sales & marketing alignment.
* Analytics & Reporting – streamlined customer analytics and overall reporting via structured templates, business dashboards, and more focused efforts leveraging data and analytics capabilities. This lead to more actionable strategies and tactical plans for customers. Developed specific process for defining and implementing strategic business intelligence throughout the organization.
Key member of Operating Committee, providing leadership on the senior management team in support of overall sales, financial, and business goals and targets.
Enhanced top-to-top presentations to key customers leading to increased collaboration and sales. From May 2012 to April 2014 (2 years) Senior Consultant @ Provided consulting services for major consumer packaged goods companies, including category management, competitive & financial analysis, and strategic business support.
Performed strategic analysis of Single Serve Beverage Market for leading Private Label company, evaluating market dynamics and providing recommendations for product and overall market expansion.
Provided consulting support for Sales & Operations Forecasting Department, acting as interim Global Forecasting Manager, and provided strategic evaluation of forecasting process within overall billion-dollar consumer packaged-goods Company. Key Project Leader for Sales Orientation project, building a new sales organization within Company. From August 2010 to May 2012 (1 year 10 months) Co-Founder, CEO and Board Member @ Created cutting edge wireless technology and media company in golf industry. Utilized sales, marketing, finance, and technology background to introduce an innovative new product and system to the golf marketplace on a global basis and grew the business over several years.
* Raised $1m from 27 angel investors; ranging from $5k to $200k per investor.
* Grew sales and achieved business plan results in 7 out of 10 years, while managing expenses in challenging business environment for start-ups.
* Led and managed eleven employees.
* Established Media Delivery System (eMDS), providing unique platform for advertisers and sponsors to reach a highly desirable target audience.
* Leveraged social networking to enhance and grow customer base.
* Early visionary of ground-breaking and trade-marked delivery system (e.g., RoundCast(R)) to communicate scoring to friends and family.
Key eGolfScore clients include some of the world's most prestigious golf, corporate and charity organizations, including Trump National Golf, American Cancer Society (ACS), Verizon Wireless, Make-A-Wish Foundation and Autism Speaks to name a few. Contact us at www.egolfscore.com. From September 2000 to August 2010 (10 years) Chief Marketing Officer @ Led marketing activities for Vendor Technology Finance Group; largest division of CIT Group.
- Directed marketing activities for multiple divisions within major operating group, creating specific marketing campaigns for various products across the U.S. and Europe; managed a $50m marketing budget.
- Worked closely with senior management and external advertising agencies to develop innovative branding and marketing campaigns.
- Managed marketing programs and budgets for multiple divisions and Corporate Businesses Development group, which focused on major customer relationships (e.g., Dell Financial Services, Intel Financial Services).
- Selected for key liaison role in creating new marketing team post-acquisition of Newcourt Financial in November 1999
- Vice President of Marketing for Newcourt Financial (May 1998-November 1999) From May 1998 to September 2000 (2 years 5 months) Founder & President @ Founded unique advisory firm of several business experts, providing various consulting services to entrepreneurs and businesses in strategy, sales, marketing and public relations, finance, technology, and operations.
- Managed a team of high-level business executives, providing expertise to businesses based upon varied corporate and entrepreneurial backgrounds.
- Developed business plans, sales & marketing plans.
- Secured financing for entrepreneurs. From May 1996 to May 1998 (2 years 1 month) Product Manager, Domestic Money Transfer @ Worked closely with sales managers and field personnel to design national sales promotions and marketing partnerships.
- Created an innovative marketing and promotional program for Hoop Dreams, one of the most successful documentaries ever.
- Responsible for marketing budgets on national level; provided advisory budget support to local markets.
- Worked closely with local market directors and managers, developing local and grass roots marketing programs in support of national branding and marketing campaigns.
- Leader in developing early commitment to leverage the Internet for the Company. From January 1994 to May 1996 (2 years 5 months) New Product Manager/Marketing Executive & Corporate Business Planning Manager @ New Product Manager/Marketing Executive
- Led marketing efforts for several major brands including Milk-Bone pet snacks and Grey Poupon mustard.
- Responsibilities included developing sales and promotional programs, as well as preparing extensive marketing plans involving all facets of consumer, advertising and trade promotions.
Corporate Business Planning Manager
- Interacted with several Nabisco divisions, responsible for monthly business operating report for CEO of Nabisco From 1988 to 1994 (6 years) Assistant to the Chairman @ Responsible for analyzing all new business proposals for insurance, leasing and venture capital subsidiaries for $100m financial services company. From June 1983 to April 1988 (4 years 11 months)
MBA, Finance @ Rutgers Graduate School of Management-Newark From 1985 to 1989 BA, Economics and English @ Rutgers University-New Brunswick From 1979 to 1983 Marlboro High School From 1975 to 1979 Joe Kaplan is skilled in: Social Media Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Executive Management, Transformational Leadership, Mobile Marketing, Digital Media, Entrepreneur, Wireless, Strategic Partnerships, Customer Acquisition, Digital Marketing, Digital Strategy, Thought Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension