Mergers and Acquisitions professional with experience across industries and transaction types. Leverages a broad experience base including Buyside M&A execution, bulge bracket M&A advisory, middle-market sell-side M&A advisory, and management consulting to form holistic approach to transaction analysis and execution. Technical competency and hands-on experience necessary to lead every aspect of a transaction from sourcing and screening,
Mergers and Acquisitions professional with experience across industries and transaction types. Leverages a broad experience base including Buyside M&A execution, bulge bracket M&A advisory, middle-market sell-side M&A advisory, and management consulting to form holistic approach to transaction analysis and execution. Technical competency and hands-on experience necessary to lead every aspect of a transaction from sourcing and screening, to financial and operations due diligence and legal documentation and negotiations.
Graduated from UCLA Anderson School of Management with emphasis in Corporate Finance in June 2007, after separating from the US Air Force at the rank of Captain.
Graduated from US Air Force Academy in 2002, with Superintendent's Honors (Top 5% in Academics, Athletics, and Military Performance). Participated in Cadet Wing leadership roles and AF Fighting Falcons, Div I Football team.
Specialties: M&A Execution, Accounting, Finance, Process Management, Legal Documentation/Negotiation
Director @ Lead M&A activities and oversee portfolio operations for Steel Partners investment vehicle Steel Sports. Steel Sports is a subsidiary of Steel Excel (OTC:SXCL), dedicated to acquiring, building, and strengthening a network of branded participatory and experience-based businesses engaged in sports, training, education, entertainment and consumer lifestyle.
With more than $250M in cash, Steel's mandate is to consolidate sports and lifestyle businesses and leverage that scaled platform to bring the highest quality sports facilities, instruction, products, and entertainment to athletes nationwide, and ultimately improve the sports participation experience for young athletes, parents, and coaches. From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaSenior Associate @ Buyside M&A execution focused on middle market companies. Responsibilities include target identification and screening, LOI negotiations, financial and operational due diligence, process management, coordinating financing sources, drafting financial models and investment memorandums, and legal documentation and negotiations.
• Quarterbacked transaction team for acquisition of $40 million software company, Quark Software, and $150 million transportation company, Keen Transport
• Worked on acquisition of $50 million telecommunications software company, Ulticom, and $300 million logistics company, Active Aero Group From May 2010 to April 2012 (2 years) Greater Los Angeles AreaSenior Associate @ Senior Associate in Mergers & Acquisitions product group focusing on sell-side, financing, leveraged-buyout and strategic financial advisory engagements across industry verticals; Focus on distress, special situations and non-standard sale processes
• Provided strategic alternatives and solvency advisory to large public utility company
• Drafted Offering Memo (OM) and ran process for divestiture of ~$80 million industrial services business
• Developed financing model to support high yield debt offering for a residential security company From October 2009 to May 2010 (8 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaSenior Consultant @ Senior Consultant focused on engagements in Enterprise and Financial Risk Management in both public and private sector.
• Engaged on systematic modeling and forecasting of financial institution default probability for TARP/FDIC
• Drove financial analysis for development of IT chargeback model for healthcare firm, Kaiser Permanente
• Authored “Go / No-Go” study for Los Angeles Department of Transportation Metro renovation project From December 2008 to September 2009 (10 months) Investment Banking Associate @ M&A Associate preparing financial and industry analysis, project pitchbooks, and support materials for all products and services ranging from M&A, debt issuance, equity issuance, corporate finance and strategy. Generalist role with a balance of M&A product advisory and Industry coverage responsibilities, to include, Aerospace/Defense, Industrials, Consumer, and Tech.
• Prepared LBO analysis, conducted due diligence, and drafted debt commitment memo for $1.6B consumer LBO
• Developed financial, strategic, and relative trading analysis for unsolicited $1.8B public-to-public merger From July 2007 to September 2008 (1 year 3 months) Summer Associate @ Associate in Piper's San Francisco consumer products industry group. Focused on corporate finance advisory to middle market consumer products companies and sellside M&A/LBO engagement in the restaurant sector. From June 2006 to August 2006 (3 months) Acquisitions Officer - Program Management @ Officer in the US Air Force, separating at the rank of Captain. Held various roles in Finance and Program Management, procuring space and space launch systems for the US Air Force.
• Executive Director for US Space Command space test and weather portfolios, totaling more than $4B in budget authority
o Advised 3-star general and congressional staff on funding needs, program performance and milestone execution
• Organized and executed launch effort for Defense Meteorological Satellite, responsible for launch processing, on-console go/no-go through launch, and negotiation and award of $340M follow-on contract – Efforts led Junior Officer of the Year From August 2002 to June 2006 (3 years 11 months)
MBA, Finance @ University of California, Los Angeles - The Anderson School of Management From 2004 to 2007 BS, Legal Studies/General Engineering @ United States Air Force Academy From 1998 to 2002 Joe Franciskovich is skilled in: Accounting, Process Management, Private Equity, Financial Modeling, Mergers, Corporate Carveouts, Distressed M&A, Operational Due Diligence, Leveraged Finance, Corporate Law, Due Diligence, Corporate Finance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension