As an accomplished leader with a 20+-year track record of success in leading complex change initiatives across global employee populations, I am trusted for my ability to lead and execute to plan within aggressive timelines, providing scalable human resources solutions that deliver shareholder value. Over the years, I’ve built a reputation for managing complex, people-challenged projects requiring
As an accomplished leader with a 20+-year track record of success in leading complex change initiatives across global employee populations, I am trusted for my ability to lead and execute to plan within aggressive timelines, providing scalable human resources solutions that deliver shareholder value. Over the years, I’ve built a reputation for managing complex, people-challenged projects requiring broad perspective, quick-decision making and practical creativity leveraging a win/win approach.
Highlighted change initiatives led:
In April 2014, I was appointed to additionally lead Global Talent Management, where I am presently focused on building progressive recruitment, on-boarding and development programs that will better prepare Ashland Inc. for tomorrow’s challenges.
- Strategic Vision & Planning
- U.S. & Global Initiatives
- Change Management Leadership
- U.S. Labor Management
- Shared Services Operations
- Leadership Development
- Strong Relationship-building Skills
- Global Talent Management
- Training / Succession Planning
- M&A Integration and Divestitures
- Workforce Restructuring
- Compensation Design
- Large-scale / Enterprise Projects
- Cultural Assessment / Design
- Employee Communications
- High-performing Team Development
- Systems / ERP Implementation
- Regulatory Compliance
Executive Director, Global Talent Management & Ashland Performance Materials @ A global leader in providing specialty chemical solutions to customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets with $6B in annual sales and approximately 10,000 employees in >100 countries.
Report directly to the CHRO, providing human resources leadership for the Performance Materials commercial unit, Ashland Resource Groups and Global Talent Management.
- Began HR career in the Valvoline Instant Oil Change retail commercial unit in 1989, and advanced rapidly within the company to increasing levels of oversight, scope and challenge.
- Within 25 years, built a reputation for managing complex, people-challenged projects requiring broad perspective, quick-decision making and practical creativity leveraging a win/win approach.
- Gained a strong foundation and broad perspective providing HR leadership for diverse employee populations encompassing: Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Global Manufacturing, Staff Groups, Unionized/Non-unionized, R&D, Shared Service Centers and Retail/Franchisees
- Recruited to Ohio headquarters in 2009 to lead the HR function for a $3.4B/2,000-employee commercial unit and 6,000-employee, 100 plant-Global Supply Chain organization.
- Assumed additional responsibility for a 1,300-employee Resource Groups (comprised of Law, Finance, HR, Environmental Health & Safety and IT) and Global Talent Management for Ashland Inc. in April 2014. From April 2009 to Present (6 years 9 months) Director, Human Resources Service Center @ Promoted to lead the integration of HR services, including Payroll (U.S.-based) and global HR Master Data, Call Center, Staffing Services Group, HR Security and Process Optimization. Managed a 65-employee Shared Service center.
- Led global $25M, 2-year SAP implementation to replace an obsolete, 30-year-old, U.S.-centric mainframe system impacting 6,500 employees.
- Kept project on track and within budget managing a 50+-member cross-functional team to meet aggressive timeline.
- Concurrently transformed a 65-employee HR Share Service organization from a U.S.-centric mindset into a Global Operations function.
- Played a key contributor role in executing global initiatives as the company reinvented itself and evolved from an oil company to a specialty chemical company. From April 2004 to March 2009 (5 years) Human Resources Manager, Valvoline Instant Oil Change @ Head HR leader for a $10M retail commercial unit supporting 5,000 employees/500 locations. Managed all aspects of HR including compensation design, staffing, training, employee relations and HR services. As a senior leader of the management team, led initiative to develop the business unit’s vision and values, which is still embraced by the employees and franchisee community today. From June 1989 to March 2004 (14 years 10 months) Marketing Research Analyst, 1989 – 1990 @ From June 1989 to June 2000 (11 years 1 month) Marketing Analyst @ From 1987 to 1989 (2 years)
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Marketing @ Ohio University From 1983 to 1986 Jodi Lewis is skilled in: Human Resources, Succession Planning, Change Management, Performance Management, Workforce Planning, Employee Engagement, Organizational Effectiveness, Onboarding, Team Building, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Design, Personnel Management, Organizational Development, Employee Benefits
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension