Development Director - Strategic processes and IT Director @ Mc Donald's
Property and Real State Manager - Managing Committee member PC City Spain - European Property @ Dixons Retail
Regional Property Manager @ Pc City Spain S.A.U.
International Business Management Master, Administración y gestión de empresas, general @
Henley Business School
With an atypical professional profile, which ranges from my beginnings as an entrepreneur to different management positions in several international companies in various countries, I boast extensive experience in the transformation of companies and the creation, development, optimisation and management of multidisciplinary teams, as well as developing the potential of the people I have had the privilege
With an atypical professional profile, which ranges from my beginnings as an entrepreneur to different management positions in several international companies in various countries, I boast extensive experience in the transformation of companies and the creation, development, optimisation and management of multidisciplinary teams, as well as developing the potential of the people I have had the privilege to lead over the years.
In recent years I have carried out, with the knowledge of the companies at which I was working, consultancy and advice tasks aimed at the possible acquisition of Spanish and Portuguese companies, as well as providing a range of advice to domestic and foreign mutual funds for their market studies and investment analysis in progress.
I’m dynamic, technologically-minded, self-critical, proactive, decisive, creative and innovative. I enjoy promoting change from a results-oriented vision and with a broad strategic and business vision which I have gained from the many different roles that I have played throughout my career.
Specialist areas: Transforming corporate culture to adapt to new situations or market changes; analysis, evaluation and adjustment of structures and profiles to create high-performance teams; strategic projection; people development; resource optimisation; innovation in business formats; conceptualisation of management tools; market analysis, and potential and risk analysis.
My personal and professional goal is join a motivating project to which I can contribute my creativity and ability to work in a management team, with the purpose of creating value for the company and the people who make up the project and that allows me to live a plenty personal life.
Development Director - Strategic processes and IT Director @ As Director of Strategic Processes and IT Systems, I have been responsible for the design and implementation of the technological transformation of the company, the creation of all necessary internal processes and the development of support tools.
As Director of Development, I was responsible for the strategic vision, planning and launch of new restaurants, their adaptation to the new brand image and the creation of new formats to meet business needs.
- Creation and launch of a new restaurant format fully developed in Spain to cover new markets and new business needs.
- Fulfilment of opening plan every year thanks to a new working method.
- More than 100 new restaurants and 250 renovations, it has been the total transformation of the McD brand image in Spain.
- 100% of works completed without cost deviation with average savings around 29% since my join to the company, with an online tender process.
- Quality control of the works, by means of an external auditor, with an average satisfaction of 97%.
- Implementation of a complete computing environment (GIS) for the estimation of sales potential and impacts, management of the entire opening process, CAPEX control, automated management of tender awards, documentation, and control of assets.
- MicroStrategy dashboards for informed decision-making for all the strategic areas of the company.
- Introduction of a host of tools for daily business management and control (control of expenses, assets, investments, etc.) Implementation of a technological support infrastructure for restaurants and offices which was optimised and adapted to the current technological reality. Introduction of point-of-sale control tools to monitor business and fraud. From September 2009 to September 2015 (6 years 1 month) Property and Real State Manager - Managing Committee member PC City Spain - European Property @ As Property Manager, I was responsible for the strategic vision, development and execution of growth plans of the different brands in Spain and in several countries with which I collaborated.
I also completed a project to evaluate and adjust the different group brands to the standards set by the Corporation.
As a permanent member of the Property European Board, I gained in-depth knowledge of the differences between the eleven countries in which we operated on a real estate level, commercial uses and cultural gaps.
- Creation of a multidisciplinary and multi-company team working as a single department incorporating external companies as equity.
- Twenty new stores in different countries and with different formats, from 1000 m2 to 3500 m2
- Adoption of the new development plan and the new model of 1,000 m2 stores.
- 23% saving on budget for opening new stores.
- Creation of revenues and due date management control tool and the company's "Real Estate Database".
- Signing of three preliminary agreements to enter Portugal and acquisition of the corresponding licences (eventually frozen due to the economic situation of the Portuguese market).
- Signing of two contracts and three commitments for the Canary Island market, development of the operating model for the islands, and contracting and management of the redevelopment works of stores for this market.
- Six complete projects of various kinds, from the development of tertiary ground to the acquisition of buildings for their restructuring and marketing under the PC City Computer Superstores brand (sale and lease back).
- Non-recurring gain of several million euros (property profits).
- Completion of disinvestment processes in countries where I saved over 50% in penalties for early termination of contracts (over 8 million euros).
- Purchase agreement of various brands for conversion to PC City stores in Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. From 2003 to September 2009 (6 years) Regional Property Manager @ My job as Regional Property Manager was to design the growth plan of the allocated area, its implementation and the monitoring of all property-related issues once the stores were open.
- Opening of eight stores with average sales above EUR 6M.
- Creation and consolidation of a team of external consultants to search for and manage new projects. From 2001 to 2003 (2 years) Regional Stores Manager @ My job as Regional Store Manager introduced me to management systems, marketing and everything related to the day-to-day operation of large retail stores. All this during the adaptation process which took place in the two years when Dinamia was the owner of my former business.
- Attainment of sales targets.
- Contribution to the development of several people who were assuming management tasks.
- Development of the new store for Coruña under the future format of PC City.
- Contribution to the creation of the first implementation plan for Spain under the new format (34 stores), which would lead to my joining DSGi as Property Manager. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Managing Director @ My job as Owner-Manager allowed me to experience the most exciting and formative period of my professional life. Entrepreneurship led me to try out different formats, develop my skills as a manager, work on my leadership levels and taught me how teamwork is a key to success in the complex management of multiple businesses located in several cities.
- Exponential growth in the turnover of the companies to reach 6 million euros in the year before sale.
- Creation of a sales and management team who joined me at DSGi.
- Start-up of the first Internet service provider in Galicia with over 10,000 live accounts.
- Development of several different types of real estate projects (industrial, commercial and residential). From 1990 to 1999 (9 years)
Derecho, Derecho @ Universidad San Pablo-CEU From 1988 to 1993 International Business Management Master, Administración y gestión de empresas, general @ Henley Business SchoolFinanzas para no financieros, Administración y gestión de empresas, general @ ICT Joaquin M. Polo is skilled in: Negotiation, Spanish, Business Strategy, Franchising, Retail, Real Estate, Real Estate Development, Marketing Strategy, Team Leadership, English, Contract Negotiation, Business Planning, Strategic Planning, Sales Management, New Business Development
Looking for a different
Joaquin M. Polo?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension