EVP Global Operations @ Comhear is a wearable audio technology company developing hardware and software designs that change how people interact with audio. From proprietary foam ear tips and ear pads for headphones that significantly improve comfort and sound to wearable music players to new techniques for presenting audio to the ears using beam forming technology in
EVP Global Operations @ Comhear is a wearable audio technology company developing hardware and software designs that change how people interact with audio. From proprietary foam ear tips and ear pads for headphones that significantly improve comfort and sound to wearable music players to new techniques for presenting audio to the ears using beam forming technology in collaboration with UCSD, Comhear aims to be on the leading edge of consumer audio technology.
Directly responsible for all aspects of Global Operations. This includes the strategic direction and tactical management of Operations across multiple sites. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Greater San Diego AreaSr Director Of Operations @ From 2015 to 2015 (less than a year) VP, Technical Operations @ We have established world class manufacturing capabilities by working with Tier 1 suppliers such as TSMC, Jazz, ASE, Amkor, SPIL, Giga Solutions and GT.'
Currently responsible for all of technical operations across 2 countries which includes a team of 45 (6 direct reports). Functional responsibilities include; Product and Test, Packaging, and Foundry Engineering as well as a Ramp test floor. Main interface for all vendors including; TSMC, Jazz, ASE, Amkor, SPIL, Giga, and GT.
Directly responsible for all aspects of Technical Operations. This includes setting the strategic direction for the Test Engineering, Product Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Package Engineering and Ramp test floor. Day to day activities span from new product introduction (NPI) to sustaining products in production. From January 2007 to May 2013 (6 years 5 months) Director, Operations and Semiconductor Development @ * Established roadmaps for Product and Test Engineering.
* Established characterization methodologies and tools.
* Preformed all capitol and manpower justifications.
* Developed at speed test methods which dramatically improved outgoing qualitiy levels.
* Developed engineering and management tools to track multiple projects in parallel. These tools became integral to all aspects of the organization from individual contributor to executive management From February 2000 to December 2006 (6 years 11 months) Director, Semiconductor Development @ * Conceptualized and implemented the manufacturing strategy from concept to implementation.
* Recruited, hired all Product Engineering, Test Engineering and Planning Staff
* Developed an internal ramp and debug capability as well as outsourced to mainstream vendors
* Developed internal RF test capability that was later used as the IBM standard RF test methodology From 1995 to 2000 (5 years) Manager, Product Engineering @ Developed the direction for the product engineering group. Preformed all recruiting, hiring, capitol justifications for the PE group. Assisted in the development of an internal manufacturing capability. Worked with subcontractors to assure product moved smoothly through the manufacturing process. From January 1993 to December 1996 (4 years) Test Engineer @ From 1979 to 1983 (4 years)
MBA @ San Diego State University-California State University From 1990 to 1992 BSEE, Electronics @ Ohio Institute of Technology Jim Icuss is skilled in: Semiconductors, Test Engineering, Product Engineering, Testing, Executive Management, ASIC, Engineering Management, Analog, Hardware Architecture, IC, Electronics, Wireless, RF, Debugging, Electrical Engineering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension