MASTER, MARKETING, Focus in B2B and Services Marketing. Thesis on Loyalty and Churn Mgmt. in Telco @
Tecnológico de Monterrey
Energetic hands-on marketing and revenue growth executive with relentless passion to identify, develop and deliver profitable growth through connecting the dots among company goals, competitive environment, voice of customer, business competences and P&L. Creative and passionate leader with ability to involve people in promoting business growth, delivering innovation and business excellence. Extensive international marketing experience in B2B
Energetic hands-on marketing and revenue growth executive with relentless passion to identify, develop and deliver profitable growth through connecting the dots among company goals, competitive environment, voice of customer, business competences and P&L. Creative and passionate leader with ability to involve people in promoting business growth, delivering innovation and business excellence. Extensive international marketing experience in B2B manufacturing, telecommunications and consumer goods related industries. Fully bilingual: English/Spanish. Commercial and operational skills spanning the following domains: P&L responsibility, voice of customer, sales & marketing strategy and execution, market segmentation & value proposition, commercial excellence, new product development & Go-to-market, pricing effectiveness, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, lead generation
Sr. Sales Manager North Mexico @ Manage sales in the modern, traditional and construction channels across North Mexico.
• Lead a growth in sales of 25% and +300 basis points of MS by designing and executing a business growth plan.
• Leading a Latin American market growth initiative aimed to identify and capture new revenue from industrial and construction segments. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Monterrey Area, MexicoVice President Marketing & Sales Operations @ With a global scope, led the transformation of marketing and sales to drive profitable revenue growth.
• Lead the design and global implementation of the new product development process that was budgeted to reduce time to market by 30% and add $2M USD in EBITDA.
• Supported the implementation of pricing effectiveness initiatives that captured $4M USD in additional revenue.
• Co-authored business marketing strategy. Growth opportunities identified up to $14M USD with 15% additional EBITDA for 2014 and additional $39M USD revenue budgeted for 2016.
• Assigned by Chief Revenue Officer to lead the implementation of a global growth operating system. From April 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 10 months) Charlotte, North Carolina AreaSr. Marketing Director Latin America Non-Wovens @ Despite a highly operations driven culture, developed and implemented the marketing function with company-wide impact and recognized by C-level executives as valuable to the business.
• Lead the design and deployment of Latin America’s marketing strategy that identified growth opportunities in segments such as the Agricultural by $6M USD and a profitability 15% higher.
• Assembled and implemented a pricing and profitability analysis that delivered $1.0M USD additional EBITDA (+ 250 basis points) and a ROI above 800%.
• Analyzed product portfolio profitability, market supply and demand, competitors portfolio and assets capabilities that lead to the definition of an asset and product portfolio strategy aimed to maximize profitability. From August 2009 to April 2012 (2 years 9 months) San Luis Potosí Area, MexicoManager of Market Growth Strategy @ With sales of $15B USD and business in + 50 countries, is the #1 concrete and #3 cement global producer.
In 2005 due to an acquisition, 25 country operations were added and CEMEX decided to standardize its Marketing capabilities on a global basis, in this project I participated at:
• Co-authored the market growth strategies in Germany, Austria and Poland. The designed growth initiatives identified $30 MM USD in new revenue.
• Lead the segmentation of European markets, description of competitive landscape, industry analysis, value propositions, commercial plans, metrics, tracking mechanisms and projected P&L’s.
• Supported the definition of market growth strategies in Spain, UK, Ireland, Egypt, UAE and The Philippines.
• Documented for the European region marketing team the new methodology. $0.5 MM USD in savings achieved by using internal resources. From April 2006 to December 2008 (2 years 9 months) Manager of Market Growth Strategy @ • Co-authored the design of the company’s global approach to marketing that delivered the common language, symbols and processes.
• Agreed with C-level executives the design, content and deliverables of the new methodology. Multi-cultural and multi-functional complexities were managed during the process. Savings of $2 MM USD were achieved by accelerating ownership of corporate teams. From June 2005 to March 2006 (10 months) Monterrey Area, MexicoMarketing Manager Arkio @ • Articulated Arkio’s value proposition. The General Manager described the deliverable: “allowed everybody to understand and convey the message of who we are (the company) and what we do”
• Executed a market research in Central Mexico that proved the causes of market share erosion of the bagged cement brands and delivered a plan aimed to regain market share. From July 2003 to May 2005 (1 year 11 months) Regional Sales Manager @ With Sales of $4 BUSD, Heineken holds 45% of Mexican MS in the brewing industry.
• Lead 10% sales increase, a gain of 250 basis points of market share and +8% contribution margin by improving product mix and distribution, sales force and channel incentives.
• Implemented cost efficiency initiatives (e.g. delivery routes design) that reduced variable cost by 20%. From June 2002 to June 2003 (1 year 1 month) Morelia Area, MexicoProduct Marketing Manager: Pre and Post Paid @ With annual revenue of $74B US, and business in 24 countries, is the 6th largest cellular phone provider in the globe.
• Performed as interim Marketing Director during transition from Motorola to Telefonica
• Defined and implemented the marketing strategy based in new product development (rate plans), increased distribution, targeted brand communication, aspirational cell phones and sales force excellence. Revenue increased by 30% in post paid and new users by 40% in pre-paid categories.
• Successfully launched for the first time in Mexico a “hybrid rate plan”. Budgeted goals where overpassed by capturing +40% users. Average revenue per user was 45% higher as compared to pre-paid.
• Designed and implemented a churn reduction initiative based in rate plan discounts in low time usage and upgrade cell phones that reduce it by 5.8 points.
• Launched a market test in the pre-paid Mexican-American segment in the Texas’ Rio Grande area. From August 1999 to March 2002 (2 years 8 months) Sales Administration and Trade Marketing Manager @ US Multinational with annual revenue of $4B USD, is the 3rd largest toy producer of the world
• Impacted dramatically EBITDA two years in a row by reducing seasonal returns around 75% through the implementation of a distribution process based in an optimization model. Bottom line impact was remarkable: EBITDA increased by 28% due to the multiple beneficial effects.
• Achieved sustained 30% growth in sales for a two-year period in Northern Mexico.
• Designed and implemented customer service process, improving CSAT from 75% to 90% in a two-year period. From April 1994 to May 1999 (5 years 2 months)
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Business Direction, In process @ El Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE) From 2007 to 2008 MASTER, MARKETING, Focus in B2B and Services Marketing. Thesis on Loyalty and Churn Mgmt. in Telco @ Tecnológico de Monterrey From 1996 to 1999 Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Business Administration @ Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon From 1988 to 1992 Jesus Martinez Garza is skilled in: Business Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Management, Analysis, Market Research, Commercial Planning, Sales, Sales Management, International Marketing, Commercial Development, Operations Management, Start-ups, Leadership, Product Development, Cross-functional Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Jesus Martinez Garza?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension